Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Dreaded "Do Sairs Need Guns" Argument, Hosted by Rodnas & Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What a pile of crap, Govedo. This is not democrasy. And even if we try to make some equality then all guns must have same stats, effects, etc. Or there will always be guns shittier then other guns.
Salas and Tizonas are above average, you just compare them to the top guns without taking into accout how many shit guns are around.
They are above average if you can aim it, 90% of the player population cannot. So if you are in the said 10% what is the reason then to take Salas instead of codes- you can get better DPS and better DPE with codes. In fact- I see a way better to swap Phoenix codegun stats with Sala stats- it is a way more universal.
Also it is not about the democracy or not it is about having similar gun-lines and PvP options compared to other similar factions. I am also not speaking about Lugers and Gaia Angels.
With the Centi as light VHF the said PvP options would be possible so it is np.
Inferno is a torp. Not a gun.

You can have a Wyrm Kraken ship with Inferno vs a Sally Tizzie ship with MR/CD.

And the Sally Tizzie still deshields harder and faster than the other one.
Nevermind flexibility.

So, yes. You have your two Class 9 guns in the Corsair line.
If you want something new, you will have to lose one of them.

<3
Ah, thanks for moving this to a seperate thread, this discussion went quite off topic after all.

Now then, i am very happy to hear of Govedos mind-reading capabilities, i am not so happy with things turning over to Titan balance, as personally i have made my peace with that blasted boat- it was about guns and ugun lines.

And i agree with Govedo that shield busters are quite a lot behind on importance than hullbusters. And yes it was wrong claiming the Sairs only have one gun line( as they have the shieldbuster line). I don`t know what magic you guys have planned for the special bomber gun and i am still not so sure why we need it or why it is a proper trade off losing it for snubbies.

On my "personal" take on it as it seems my pvp skills influence the in game numbers: you won`t find a single player on this server who is not able to kill me in a fair 1v1 and that is no joke- i have 2 ships that i use if nothing else is demanded and that is a raba and a titan. Now i tried alot to improve, but my personal lack of talent for this game didn`t help much Wink BUT- i couldn`t find anyone who could show me the magic of the titan+sallies combo either or even describe it with hard facts or examples.

So to get back to you aerelm, yes i suck with salas, hard- many others do, too. If i had any right to decide over the heads of the corsair players i would say screw tizzies. screw sallies, gimme a proper hullbuster- but i would probably get strangled for that, thus i asked (=/=demand) if the already mentioned second gunline will or will not show up as many other players are waiting on it, too.
If we're talking pure numbers here, I'm gonna toss in some senseless math to support the point Silver is making:

Inferno/Hades:
  • Shield damage per shot: 25,500
  • Energy use per shot: 8,670 (Eff: 2.94)
  • Projectile speed: 550ms

• Power regen on Sabre: 1,100
  • Energy use in 16 seconds: ~17,300
  • Damage output in 16 seconds: ~51,000
Two Tizona del Cids:
  • Shield damage per shot: 1,288
  • Energy use per shot: 290 (Eff: 4.44)
  • Projectile Speed: 650ms

• Power regen on Titan: 1,340
  • Energy use in 16 seconds: ~18,500
  • Damage output in 16 seconds: ~82,500
And people say Inferno is better than Tizona...
I think that is a weak point here, if i am not allowed to mix torps and "proper" guns, you shouldn't either.
Then again- the Inferno is nicely front loaded - hit once with a much easier to aim projectile than a MR and that shield is gone ( there are even more bennies of front loaded damage when it comes to other things than snub pvp), while with Tizzies i have to get that sustained damage out with the same aiming difficulty level as the Inferno and gives the opponent time to react, too.

Personally, the thing with the inferno is that it opens up options beside the standard loadouts- and options are always a plus, if they bring a huge advantage or are only a sidegrade might be up to personal preference

Edit says: The 650s are the new Tizzie stats? the rest, too- they look old?
I'll simply toss in the fact that people sucking at pvp is no argument for buffing their tools. If you suck get better, contrary to popular belief it's really easy.

Up until this point the Corsair nation had not only one but two shieldbuster fighter guns, surely a reason not to give them more/shinier things, - fine.

With the upcoming release of .87 apparently this class 10 deshielder will be lost, but guess what ? You still got two guns, one definetely balanced (Tizzzz) and another, probably, average gun perfectly usable on the Titan (and since the Centi will be upgraded to a VHF, on that one, too).

Not to mention (and I am basing my argument on the status quo) 'Sair technology like the Salas are perfectly mixable with most high-dps codenames, which certainly is worth some credit.

ps: qq I can't pvp
(05-23-2013, 03:22 PM)aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]If we're talking pure numbers here, I'm gonna toss in some senseless math to support the point Silver is making:

Inferno/Hades:

• Energy use in 16 seconds: ~17,300
  • Damage output in 16 seconds: ~51,000
Two Tizona del Cids:

• Energy use in 16 seconds: ~18,500
  • Damage output in 16 seconds: ~82,500
And people say Inferno is better than Tizona...

You seem to be comparing a burst damage torpedo weapon with a continous dps gun...

Well, shall we see which is better if you only have say... three seconds?

Inferno/Hades:

• Energy use in 3 seconds: ~8583
  • Damage output in 3 seconds: ~25500
(one Inferno shot, which all you are going to get in 3 seconds)

Two Tizona del Cids:

• Energy use in 3 seconds: ~3480
  • Damage output in 3 seconds: ~15456
(3 x 5152 which is the dps from 2 tizona)

The less time you have to fire on your opponent undisturbed the better the inferno is. And the more time you can fire upon your opponent undisturbed, the better tizona is.

So...
less time -> Inferno is better
more time -> tizona is better

But one cannot say the tizona is generally better than the inferno, or that the inferno is generally better than the tizona. Both are good (or bad) in specific situations. And that is exactly how it is meant to be to my understanding of things.

What concerns me is when people (especially if it is a balance team member) make such invalid comparisons as you could see with the 3 second performance. It can easily give the wrong impression about what the poster is trying to achieve here.

edit: typos
edit: calculation corrections
Well Tachion, as i probalbly lost all my "street credibility" by admitting to have collected little skill over the years, how about you find me some people who are good or very good at pvp and who say give me salas with tizzies or give me death.
I guess you will find a lot people saying yes, yes, perfect, npnp - but i don't use it due to reason xy.....i mean there is a reason why snub diversity and con is rarley spoken in one sentence, rightWink
Not having the best equipment doesn't mean having the worst by default, Rodnas. It's like saying not getting A+ in a test means failure everytime it happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8