Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Cold Lake Industries Storage Facility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Commander Adrian Wicks
TARGET ID: Cold Lake Industries Owners
SUBJECT: Your Facility
ENCRYPTION: High
PRIORITY: High

Greetings, gentlemen.

We've located your unregistered facility. As we have no idea who you are, what your affiliation is, and we've no record of any attempt to contact us, we can only assume the worst unless you respond to clear this matter up. You have 36 hours to respond on this frequency before your station is forcible dismantled for violation of Section 2 Article I of the Laws of Liberty.

Visual: #1

Wicks out.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
***Incoming Transmission***

Source Location: Cold Lake Industries, Alberta System
Message Sender: James Bootsiuv
Encryption Level: High

My dearest sir,

Forgive my tardiness, as it were. Of course, as a legitimate business, we always planned on registering our facility with the Libertonian Gov't.

However, due to the sensitive nature of our clients shipments, we felt it wiser to set up a Shield Module before revealing our operations.

Cold Lake Industries is a subsidiary of Interspace Commerce, with close working ties to Deep Space Engineering. We specialize in the transfer, storage, and final delivery of Platinum Ore shipments for our clients, who are far too wealthy and important to worry about such matters themselves.

As you are fully aware of our location, I feel no need to repeat those coordinates over possibly compromised channels.

I am prepared to pay the first months rent for our lease, and any fines the Gov't feels is justified.

I apologize for this rather abrupt and unpleasant introduction to our operations, but I am quite confident that CLI and Liberty will enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship for years to come.

Most respectfully yours,

Captain James Bootsiuv

CEO, Cold Lake Industries

***Signal Terminated***

Greetings, Mister Bootsiuv.

We've received your transmission and have forwarded it to the appropriate department of the government. I will inform you as soon as we hear back. Your facility may maintain the minimal requirements for defense, however further expansion is prohibited until clearance for your facility has been received.

Trusting that the above is clear.

Wicks out.

Source Location: Cold Lake Industries, Alberta System

My dearest sir,

I am grateful to you for your patience and understanding in this delicate matter. I will halt construction on cargo module #2 immediately, and instruct my suppliers to do the same.

As I said, our shields are active, and that is all we require at the moment.

I would also like to add, that should our organization's base license be approved, we would very much like to discuss added Naval Patrols along the Platinum Corridor from Alberta through to Curacao. More money passes through this corridor now in a single Sirian day than passes through some entire systems in a month.

Such wealth has been attracting some rather, shall we say, "unwelcome" guests. Why only today, it was reported that one of my colleagues was threatened with revealing the precise location of our facilities to all of Sirius, unless 500.000.000 sirian credits was transferred into their account...and they wanted this exorbitant sum in 6 hours no less!

Obviously we will not be extorted, but the threats are increasing everyday. I very much look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter. With all due respect, patrols must be increased, sooner rather than later.

Most respectfully yours,

Captain James Bootsiuv

***Signal Terminated***

I regret to inform you that due to some miscommunication of intent your facility was dismantled by elements of the Liberty Navy earlier today. We apologize for the incurred loss, and have taken steps to prevent such miscommunications from occuring again. I have been authorized to offer that if you wish to rebuild that the first month's fee will be waived in consideration of this incident. Please respond with your intent on the matter as soon as you are able.

Respectfully,

Commander Adrian Wicks.

Source Location: ~CLI~ Flagship Illustrious

My dearest Commander Wicks,

A most regrettable incident, indeed.

First and foremost, beyond any material loss, the navy should be aware that there were 200 employees on that station at the time of it's destruction. Are we just looking the other way as the Liberty Authorities MURDER 200 innocent Libertonians?

I expect a full investigation into this matter, with criminal charges brought against those responsible.

Now, the "incurred loss" as you so eloquently put it, was to the tune of 500,000,000 sirian credits. Days of shipments had to be coordinated to bring our shields online. The amount of credits stored in our safe alone was 180,000,000. This tragedy will also delay our operations at least a month, which only means more money lost.

My accountants have estimated the entire material loss to be on the order of 1.5 billion sirian credits.

We assumed that we were quite safe from the perils of space, as only a battle fleet would be able to compromise our shields. Who would have thought that the only battle fleet we should have feared was our own militaries'?

You think this injustice can be remedied by offering my firm a coupon for one month's free rent?

To this I say No sir!

Cold Lake Industries is prepared to take this matter to the highest court in the land. My legal team is preparing a lawsuit as we speak. We're seeking the full 1.5 Billion Sirian Credits, if it goes to court.

However, all of this can be remedied by depositing 250,000,000 sirian credits on my main transport [~]Esus, so that my operation may resume unabated.

I hope we can continue to work together to come to an amicable agreement for all parties involved.

Most Respectfully Yours

James Bootsiuv

***Signal Terminated***

It is obvious to me that there is no justice for the small business man in Liberty.

We will attempt to rebuild as best we can with what resources we still have left.

I can send the coordinates of our new installation via private frequencies.

Most Respectfully Yours,

James Bootsiuv

***Transmission Terminated***

SUBJECT: Rebuilding Your Facility

You are not to rebuild until such time as the Republic of Liberty agrees to authorize your request. Rebuilding without this authorization will subject you to the appropriate fines, penalties, and legal action as determined by the government. You may provide the intended location and name of your new facility via private communications, which will then be relayed to the appropriate department for consideration. As to any other legal matters, they do not fall under the Liberty Navy's purview, and so cannot be addressed at this time.

Respectfully,

Commander Adrian Wicks.

I apologize but we mistook your previous offer of one months free rent to be indicative that the republic was authorizing our venture to move forward.

Thus, we have already begun construction of the replacement facility.

I will order construction on our shield module halted immediately. We are sitting ducks, but I will not invest more resources only to be denied a license.

I await the republic's response.

Most Respectfully Yours,

James Bootsiuv

***Transmission Terminated***
James Bootsiuv;

Your request to construct a modular station within the Republic of Liberty has been denied. You have 24 hours within which to evacuate and/or dismantle any remaining holdings. Any materials left on site will be forfeit to the Republic.

For the crimes of Constructing an Unauthorised Base (two counts), Disobeying the Directives of an Officer of the Law, and Obstructing the Course of Justice, the Republic issues you a fine of 300,000,000 SC (payable to Ferris.Dufresne). Failure to pay these fines will result in a warrant being issued for your arrest. The Construction of an Unauthorised Base during Wartime immediately waives your right to defend against these charges in a court of law.

Should any resistance be offered, members of the Liberty Forces have authorisation to use maximum force until such time as the ranking officer in the field deems that any and all potential threats have been neutralised. Any involved personnel will be incarcerated on the charge of being accessories to your felonious acts, and an arrest warrant will be issued for your person on the charge of high treason.

Addendum:

According to all reports, the members of the Liberty Navy have executed their duties with exemplary performance. The Construction of an Unauthorised Base during Wartime does warrant the force used in this instance, and should serve as a very clear demonstration of why the Republic requires registration to occur prior to construction of all modular bases, not afterwards. It may be tragic for your corporation's bank account, but no guarantees for your base's existence were confirmed by a member of the Government. The lack of high-speed communication infrastructure in the Alberta system is a risk that all parties with interests in the system have to deal with.

- Robert McKay, Secretary of State for Defense.
Pages: 1 2