Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sylvania Dome

Surrounded by the crystal-clear blue clouds of Tau-37, Freeport 10 boasts two magnificent Biodomes.

One of them, called "Sylvania Dome" was specially designed to offer visitors of Freeport 10 a place to enjoy the lush, green gardens and forests grown and taken care of inside the Freeport.

Sporting a variety of amenities, from lake ponds to gardens, from forests to meeting amphiteatres, bars and gazebos and even wildlife, Sylvania Dome is here to attract visitors on Freeport 10 to relax but also a place to discuss business for those interested.

The Sylvania Dome is a Freeport 10 biodome opened to the public and the usual clientele the Freeport 10 would have otherwise welcomed.

It is not a secret that the Commonwealth is trying to make sure that the civilized Freeport neutrality is followed inside the dome as well. Even so, to avoid unwanted damages or complications, security isn't underestimated.
To say Achille “Loved” the Sylvania dome would be a gross misnomer. He was (in fact) infatuated with the structure, not the least because it was imperfect. Exquisite, yes, but not perfect. There was always some minor detail that could be refined; the holographic projectors which painted such a convincing skyline sharpened. There was botany to be regulated, fauna to encourage or cull as the situation demanded, the Ivy of the amphitheatre to be trimmed. And of course, the people. The people were the biggest headache of all.

And there was too many of them. Freeport Ten (despite its dimensions) had only ever been commissioned for a 150 person strong crew; a minute figure drafted up in the years prior to the nomad war, when space still held its allure and jump hole transitions were still considered an act fraught with danger. But this was 821AS; the ardours of the Tau Liberation and the Nomad War had affected public thought. Now the great unknown edges of space were considered practically inviting, and the Freeport became packed with nearly a thousand expats before you could utter “mon dieu”.
Clearing out the room for them (and the Commonwealth, who were much of the same breed) required time, technology and careful calculation. Any piece of hardware older than eighteen months or larger than a hand span was handed to the next Junker to moor, or simply ejected into space. Mooring fixtures had to be expanded, accommodating everything from a Sargmartha to a Storta (often at the same time). And in-station security... Urgh.

Achille groaned. GRN, OC, and IMG personal was never going to be a good mix in the first place, especially when none of the oppositional parties appeared to speak the same language. In this sense then, Sylvania’s reconfigured geodesic curves were a testament to another concept; secrecy. A (considerably cheaper) clone of IND’s Wall Street Station dampening field covered the dome’s externals, but was rarely ever utilised in practice. Instead, the Commonwealth had to rely on a series of informants scattered throughout the station to supress trouble before it arose; as it often did.

Achille reclined in his deckchair, the seat moulding ergonomically to the shape of his back as the latest news story from the Volgograd News Agency clashing with the regular CNS newsreel, fighting for dominance on the interior screens.

A razorbeak flitted near his ear before fluking off.

Perfection could wait for now.

Achille yawned, and in several seconds fell into a comfortable doze.
*Iva walks inside the newly constructed bar*
So this is our new dome???
*She takes a look around to see if anyone else is here... Its seems empty,Probably because its solar night time and everyone is sleeping*
I could get just one drink...*She walsk up to the bar and orders one Tequila
After that she leaves to search for a better place to sit*

Ohhhh! This place is beautiful
*The place she choose was a small table pushed between two trees with a window to look at the space*
Its cut off from the rest... I like it...
*She sits down and starts to slowly drint the Tequila*
If only Zakir could be here with me... I am sorry I yelled out on him...
But its too late to say I am sary huh? He already is gone...
In the omicrons... somwhere...
*She looks in the way of Alpha Jump Hole*
But what if someting happens to him???I could never forgive myself!
*Iva takes another sip*
I wonder when he will come back... I need to apologize...
[Image: voltaire_xlarge.jpeg]

Robert enters the newly renovated biodome so that he could inspect if the money he threw into this project were well spent. Still, one could point out this would be a faint facade and point out the true reason for Robert's presence is pure relaxation.

Of course, he didn't arrange his entrance alone. He was accompanied by two extra figures. One would be his latest acquisition from Gallia and picked up straight from Planet Harris, a devoted and loyal Black Leopard. The other, the newest member of the Commonwealth, exclusively responsible for the well being and security of Sylvania Dome. His anonymity was well preserved by a mask. In fact, Robert made sure to keep his identity such a classified secret that even the person's gender is a matter of dispute. Only a name was all that passed through. "Gregar"

Gregar positioned himself near the entrance, leaving Robert and his pet to explore the renovated Biodome.

While walking on the never ending pavements, Robert sighted Iva. He noticed that she was well down on her luck and thus, he approached her, and sat down near her while the leopard was taking a rest close to him.

After finally accommodating himself, he left out a faint sentence following by a smile:

" Why the long face? "
When Sean Goodwin arrived at the new-build Sylvania Dome, he was astonished how many exotic plants and trees he discovered. He took a seat next to the bar and ordered a beer. It was very early, so only few people sat in the bar, which was build inside of the dome. Sean took a deep breath and remembered himself, when he was young, living on Leeds. He often stepped out at night and took a breath of the moist and smog-like air. Now, in the biodome the air was clear, and he was sure that he never breathed such clean air before. He took a sip of his beer and looked at the beautiful view at the infinity of space.

I wonder if I should try to convince Olivia to move here instead. Moving away from that damned rock, with its acid-like rain and all that smog. The air is so much cleaner.

He took another sip.

I wonder if we will have kids... I don't want my children to grow up there.

It passed like five minutes. Then he finished his beer and stood up. He noticed another man standing infront of a giant window. Sean saw this man before; a tall man in his early sixties. Suddenly his comm rang and he was called for business. He took a last deep breath and left, thinking about the man and the dome afterwards.
*She took a quick glance at him and returned to the drink*
Oh... Hello Robert *She continues* Its nothing...Its about me and Zakir...
*She started playing with the small parasol in the teqila and sighed*
Its after the event with that Nomad Battleship week ago...
*She looked trough the window where it was flying nearly a week ago*
We had a fight in my room... A rather fierce one... We were all angry at eachother...
And that is why Zakir postponed his vacation and set out to the Omicrons...
*She took another sip from hers glass*
It started with a quick talk about what happened when I fainted... Zakir didnt want to tell me anytihng so i bursted out... We were usually telling eachother the truth
No matter how it hurt... But as I can see... He changed... He changed a lot...
Like he graduated from a small child to someone with more conciousness...
*She had more and more problesm with talking*
I think he may feel guilty and try to do something bad
*Tears slowly started to fall down on the table one after another*
I dont want him to do anything stupid
*She started to cry*
Robert frowned for a second, watching Iva's little drama. His leopard also paid particular attention to her cries.

He raised his chin upwards, gazing at the bright blue Tau-37 could which was visible through the bio-dome. When the biodome wasn't simulating any weather condition, it served as a great substitute for a sky.

After a few seconds of pondering, he switched his view back to Iva and said:

" I suppose I shouldn't add salt to the wound but... Merde, what am I saying? Taking everything you said about Zakir's behaviour into consideration, and now his unannounced escapade into the Omicrons which, I dare add, they weren't comissioned by any member of the Council. They were purely his initiative. Mixing that all up only allows me to believe that... Well... Let's just say that I won't encourage you to spend too much time around him if he comes back from the Omicrons "

Truth be told, Robert was surprised of Zakir's radical turnout in his behaviour. He isolated himself from the fraternity and he kept being rude. A man experienced in the study of Nomads would suspect Zakir to be infected while Robert, even if he may have assumptions whether Zakir may be infected or not, he didn't care much. His concern was that Zakir shows little care for his fraternity at the moment and that is unacceptable.

" I would throw some sense into his head if I were you, Iva. No one knows what Zakir may stumble upon in the Omicrons. And no one knows if he may return or not. He is a member of our fraternity after all, even if he doesn't show much care for us at the moment " he added
*Iva got herself pulledf together*
What do you have in mind?I forgot to add that this hapened before...
Well he was always that type of a person...
Probably because of what he survived during his childhood...I must add that it wasnt one typical that everyone has... He always thinks that noone would care for his problems and they would just laugh at him thats why hes so alone and not letting anyone near him... He lived trough his childhood trough Drugs Slavery and black marked deals... Its not that easy to live in the Freeport Slums that thy had then...
He sighs.

" Is it just me that had a normal and happy childhood and a good life? I wouldn't be surprised if there are more people these days with ruined childhoods than people who lived a normal life " He thought.

Robert decided to let this little detail faint away as sharing such opinions with Iva may only make the situation worse. In fact, Robert let out his typical positive grin as he was preparing a warm encouragement for her:

" Bring him back to his senses Iva, you know what to do best! " he said.

Before giving her any chance to reply, Robert reached for it's pocket:

" Here. This is for you. Take it as a seal to prove your commitment to our beloved Fraternity, Iva " he said as he took a ring out of his pocket.

The ring appeared to be crafted with great care and it was personalized. It was made of pure silver and on it's top it had the Commonwealth's Symbol. The pattern and lines seemed as if they stretched out of the ring's body, "made in landscape" some would say.

The inner part of the symbol consisted of a filled bright platinum while the outer part of it had the edges sculpted of pure, shiny gold.

It wasn't hard to notice that Robert also wore a ring like that on his finger as well. It wasn't out of the ordinary though, every member of the Commonwealth were supposed to wear these ornaments.

" I wanted to give Zakir one as well. Too bad he started to act so strange and left without even telling " He said while offering the ring to Iva
*Iva took the ring from robert with a smile*
Thank you! But its somekind of a badge or something?
Its nice... And about Zakir... I will try my best.
He sent me a message like two or three hours ago that he will be coming back sometime today
!*She smiled again*He said something about apologies and that he just spotted how strange it acctualy was for him to leave so quick...
Oh and one more thing! He wanted to give you the intelligence he gathered on his own rather than trough the neural net.I think I will be going off now...
Everyone needs to sleep and I am really tired
*She got up smiled again*Good night Robert*She walked out trought the main door*