Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wolfgan Andrew Silvius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a small child Silvius was fascinated about ship and surrounding space, at the age of 16 his father, a small business man, got him a small ship to fly around the New York system, though rough times came to his family, his mother died just before his 18 birthday and his father had to sell Silvius ship to pay for the funeral. Just over 2 years later his father suffered the same faith, Silvius was forced to sell his father business to cover the expenses for the burial.
With barely any money left he decided to sell the house and his father's old ship and buy a new and bigger ship. So Silvius started roaming around the sirius systems looking for profitable trade, yet alone was hard so he looked for employment.
Now working for one of the most known company around sirius, Silvius was earning his existence piloting a transport ship for Interspace Commerce.
[Image: icsigv2.png]
One day when trading on his normal route Silvius recieves a message from a lawyer back home on planet Manhattan, the message went like this: "Greetings Mr. Wolfgan, I will once again express my condolences to you, I hereby inform you that there is one last piece of property your father left you. Hope to see you soon to claim it. Good day to you my friend."
Silvius went back to Manhattan, after finishing his route, the same day he received the message, he didn't knew what his father left him, Silvius presumed it was a small property on Manhattan... He was troubled, since the death of his parents he sold everything he had to get on his feet. Well a place he could call home and rest in a nice house from time to time would have been good. Silvius soon arrived at Manhattan and went to the lawyers office.
The lawyer greet him well and asked him to sit while he does the paper work, Silvius still confused about what he inherited asked: "What did my father left me? And why do I informed about it now?", the lawyer stopped and looked at him and said: "Your father despite being a small business man he managed to save among the years, while you were still a little boy, enough money for one of the greatest ships you will ever lay your eyes upon.", Silvius nods his head quite surprise that his father left him a ship, but he was still confused of why he was not informed about it sooner, the layer saw that on his face and continued: "Your father asked me to look after you and see how you were doing on your own, he would be proud to see you work so hard as he did, if you haven't been managing I would have had to sell the ship put the money in a bank account under your name so you could have some money.".
Silvius let the lawyer finish the paperwork, afterwards the two went to Baltimore Shipyard were the ship was docked. There were so many ships there at the shipyard, while the two were going to the dockmaster with the documents, Silvius stopped at a window and glanced outside, he noticed a big rhienlandish ship he stared at it for a few moments, enough for the lawyer to notice it to so he turned his head to Silvius and said: "That one is yours." Silvius was still looking at the ship astonished: "Mine?".
[Image: Rheinlandtrain.png]
After that brief stop the two continued their way to the dockmaster. While the dockmaster was finishing the paperwork with the lawyer Silvius was looking outside the window at the ship. "Lad I congratulate you for being one of the few owners of a Colossus within liberty borders, now I do suggest you get the ship out of here since until you prove yourself loyal liberty the navy may treat you as a hostile. Now if you wish you could sell it to us and not worry about that..." Silvius interrupts the dockmaster: "I will not do such a thing, that ship is the last thing that my father left behind for me.", the dockmaster continues: "Then lad just sign this papers and you are free to fly it off were ever you wish."
Silvius signs the necessary documents, the dockmaster gives him the keys and he's on his way to the ship.
Silvius intentions were not yet clear, he wanted to keep the ship with all his heart, yet the dockmaster had a point, therefore Silvius informed his employers about his heritage in the hope they can help him decide.
So a decision was made Silvius was denied the permission to take the ship out of the shipyard docks, he returned to the dockmaster and struck a deal for the ship he got less than the ship was worth for never the less Silvius had to return to work and the Colossus was somewhat of a setback for him.
As we all know time goes slow when you are working, well... this was not the case for Silvius, he is always working after hours staying up late between shifts, if he was not working he was sleeping if he was not sleeping he was working, few people do such things, but even fewer do it for the pleasure of staying out in space glancing upon the stars in each system measuring each planet through the window of the ship counting the ships that you pass and admiring them.
And one day he saw one of the most beautiful ships he would lay his eyes upon so that day he made a promise to himself since he could not fly the Colossus he would fly the strange ship he saw. But he did not know where the ship was from or where was it built he only saw some strange markings on it.
Days passed since he last saw the ship he now desires, he almost giving up hope of getting it, but one day during one of his normal routes through the Tau's he saw it again, it was the same ship, but with different markings. Silvius hailed the captain of the ship and asked him if he had the time for a drink on the Freeport near the area. The captain was weary at first since he did not know, but he accepted the invitation since the Freeport in the area was runned by his kind and if Silvius ever tried something he would not get too far.
The two sit down for tea and talked about different trading routes, ship problems and how to solve them, but Silvius wanted to know where he got his ship and how would he be able to get one for himself. "Sir, I do apologize for interrupting your travels, it is a pleasure talking to you and drinking tea, but I must tell you the real reason I've asked you is... well... I wanted to know where you got your ship, it's one of the most beautiful ships I ever saw and I would like to have one for myself.", the captain gazed at Silvius for a moment then answered him "Well you probably know that this station where we are is led by zoners and well I'm one myself. The ship you see my fly is a ZBT-100Z 2 or whale for short, they are unique and we are the only ones that use them. It's a very reliable ship meant to travel to any corner of Sirius to bring supplies to even the farers of stations, my ship belongs to the Omicron Supply's Industry or OSI if you have ever seen another like it, but with different markings well it probably belongs to the Temporary Autonomous Zoner or TAZ they have a station where they build the ship in a system close from here, but they are a religious cult so if you intend on going there and see if they would sell you a whale, well... take care they do not greet trespassers to well."
Silvius thanked the man and paid for the tea then they walked each on his own path to their ships, as they both undocked from the Freeport, he glanced one more time at the zoner ship admiring its beauty, it was truly a sight to see.
[Image: Zonerwhale.png]
Silvius contacted the Temporary Autonomous Zoners and their response left him without words he would almost consider that they denied him out of hate for the fact that he was not one of them, never the less he would not give up so easy.
Silvius would have to be patient to achieve his goal or at least do everything in his power. His next step would be to contact OSI and see what they have to say, his hopes are that a trading company will be at least willing to give him a chance if he would be able to convince the ones that the TAZ called A.D.M.I.N.S.
So Silvius contacted the zoners from the OSI company and received the same response as from the TAZ. Thought he was filled with sadness that he cannot achieve his dream. He continued his work for IC.
One day he checked his back accounts though the network at Otemachi he looked at the numbers and smiled then he realized he didn't need a big ship anymore so he started to look up smaller ships and one ship caught his eye, small but strong luxury yacht, the Democritus, this ship lacked the weapons, but would overcome that with decent agility and a strong hull still it came with a steep price for what it could do, even so Silvius was determinate to buy the ship and so he did. And after flying the Democritus for a few rounds he slowly started to fall in love with it which would be prove stronger than for the ZBT-100Z 2.
[Image: Yacht.png]
Silvius kept doing what he did best, but something was missing though the Democritus brought him much happiness something was missing the ability to haul massive amounts of cargo and actually be useful as a trading vessel therefor Silvius broke his promise, that he will not buy another ship, so on his way through Liberty he stopped at the Planet California and got one, the Bison.
[Image: Liberty_b_cargo.png]

After he purchased the Bison Silvius took the time to visit the local bank to check his account the sum of sirian credits he saw was outstanding almost one billion even with the purchase and so he thought "Why did I even buy this ship... I have enough money now to last me my entire life... still I have nothing better to do... I have no home, no family. Oh well... at least now I will be more of use to Interspace."