Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Drunk'n'trade OSI VIP Lounge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Drunk'N'Trade, despite being a public bar space in the main trade hub of Gran Canaria, the major investor of the premisses is the nearby Omicron Supply Industries. As Such, one of the perks put into the building, was a VIP Bar on the 2nd floor, open exclusively to the OSI Directors and OSI Pilots. It stocks the same drinks as the rest of the bar, but the stock is kept strictly for OSI Personnel .

The Rules however remain the same, no weapons, respect bar staff. Unstocked drinks can be requested.

((Feel free to Rp Here as either OSI pilots or even as bar staff, just put a mini bio in your joining post first please.

The point of this topic is for Characters of OSI to rp togeather, to get a better relationship with those who work for OSI and those who run it. Its anything goes heres, WITHIN REASON and NORMAL RP RULES. ENJOY!))
There are but 2 ways to the second floor: A stair that rises from near the entrance of the club along the wall of the main hall up to the second floor. This stair is guarded by a grumpy security-guard to whom even the CEO has do show the ID to get passed. And as second way there is an elevator which is placed coincidentally quite near the main dance-floor. Made out of bullet-proof glass and a feature which made it stop at half height it has already given some of the better dancer a bigger audience.

In front of the director's lounge stands- as always - one of the security-guys. Not one of the rude guys like the ones on the floor bellow, who more often than not had to get rid of drunken rowdies by literally dragging them outside. No this the 2nd floor is the designated fine-dining and hart-partying area.

Serving as both border and crossover between OSI personal and the directors. This security-guy sees to it that people with important problems (or business) get in first.

Already in the VIP-lounge is the COO, Jason Kelly, working on a PADD, while his eyes are fixed on one of the several wall-screens that displayed charts from stocks all over Sirius. As he was enjoying his favorite past-time he was gently interrupted by someone else entering the VIP-area.
Duncan Stow entered the lower level of the Drunk'n'Trade in a rush, brushing by the patrons quickly before making his way to the stairs to the second floor. Never looking up from the PADD he was carrying, he flashed his CEO credentials to the guard and quickly proceeded through the door into the lounge. Once inside, the bustle of the first floor faded away, leaving the air silent save for the soft music playing, and the voices eminating from the various economic display monitors. Duncan looked up from his PADD, and surveys the mostly empty lounge. Spotting Mr. Kelly, Duncan proceeds to head towards the bar where he collects a bottle of Corsair Rum, and then heads over toward Mr. Kelly. Upon reaching him, Duncan taps Jason on the shoulder.

"If that PADD contains anything like what mine does, we might be needing this" he says as he places the bottle of rum on a table nearby and sits down.
Trade'n'Drunk- Direcor's lounge

In surprise Jason looked up to the CEO. His tone spelled bad news. And as Jason looked up to Duncan's face back to the bottle of Rum. Or whatever was in a bottle that shows a distinct skull and crossbones on it's label.

Jason attempted to smile and showed the User interface of his PADD.

"No I'm just having some fun doing some stock trading."
He said, while deactivating his PADD and putting it on the table infront of him: "I actually came here to get away from all the mess that is currently going on in Sirius. But as Director it's not like you can leave the work at the office. "

He made an inviting gesture. "So tell me, Duncan, what troubles you?
Duncan slouched slightly in his chair, listening to Jason speak. He could not help but let out a slight chuckle upon seeing what was on Jasons PADD.

"Only you, My friend, would find such economical data fun"

Duncan leaned back and let out a long breath. He absently scratched at the stubble on his chin, silently cursing himself for not taking a moment earlier to shave. He reaches forward and opens the bottle of rum, and pours two glasses. Lifting his, he gestures to Jason.

"To the life of a director, eh?" he says chuckling slightly before drinking from the glass. He sets the glass on the table in front of him, and brings his PADD out to the table. Setting it down, he spins it around so Jason can see its contents.

"What troubles me, is this business over in 74. A plea for aid, then silence. Then this slew of forwarded transmissions, cries of foul play. It makes very little sense. I even traveled there a week or so ago and talked to this Mow fellow myself. I was told all was well, then declarations of war start flying so I'm told? Sieges and battles in the heart of 74? And then to top it off, Director Voncloud gets injured in it all, Though I am quite sure he gave them a good thumping before hand."

Duncan picks up his glass and takes another drink. He sits silently in contemplation for a moment, before looking to the boards arrayed along the walls.

"And now all seems quiet as I hear it."

Duncan lets Jason read through the PADD, drinking his rum slowly.

" Tell me Jason, What do you make of all that?"

Jason chuckled at the remark: "Well to each his own. It's like playing poker. You just have to know the cards and how to play them"
. He took his glass and took a sip after mumbling "the life of a director".

He took his time to analyze what was on the CEO's PADD:
"Yeah, that's the mess I was talking about", sighted the COO, "We both have been involved as much as one can get involved without actually participating in a fight. We have told them time and time again to stand down and not picking fithgs with yet another superpower in the sector."

"Currently it seems there is somewhat of a ceasefire. We know for sure they have set their weapon platforms to neutral. So there is surely some talking going on.”

“It is my believe that the ZA got their butts kicked in the first day of war and had to realize that they were not as strong as they thought they were. Consequently they are now rooting for peace or are desperately trying to get a breather to rebuild or regroup their forces.”

“But I have no idea which one of the two it will be. I guess we will find that out in due time."
Duncan sips slowly from his glass, seemingly lost in thought. His PADD lights up, indicating an incoming update. He picks it up, and reads over the new content.

"Seems things have quieted down in 74. No new notable episodes that I am aware of. Perhaps all involved have dealt with things reasonably?"

He sets the PADD down again.

"In any case, it really does not concern us any longer. Is there any notable economic activities around Sirius? Places we can exploit to our profit?"

He takes a long drink from his glass, then fills it again.

"This Corsair rum certainly has a flavor all its own, wouldn't you say?"

“Silver is in high demand these days and all the mining companies can barely keep up with the demand. However, without stocks of silver ore of our own we cannot invade the marked.

Other than that the war of attrition between Rheinland and Liberty consumes both raw materials and industrial goods like mad. To a lesser extent the Bretonian-Gallic war. As the rule goes: Peace is good for business. War is good for business.

Aside from wars, the ZHR is in need of a serious amount of goods to upgrade and maintain their bases. Due to the political instability because of the “Zoner Alliance” the Corsairs are trying to stockpile food and other consumables.

What worries me is the crash in the advanced-equipment market. It seems it is saturated and due to the longevity of the products The advantages of “Planned obsolescence” have been forgotten since the sleeper ships left sol.

So my company is currently not generating any profits and neither is VonCloud's. What keeps us afloat is our core-business and Koidern. Those two, however, in a maner that would put most other house-companies to shame.”

Racapped the COO the current situation in and around OSI. He took a sipp from the Rum and couldn't help but shudder involunarely.

“What about you, any news from the 'politiical' side?”
Duncan sat and listen to Jason's explanation of the economic state of the Company. After Jason had finished, he smiled slightly.

"Well then, sounds like we need to get on exploiting some of these options, as well as finding a way to make yours and Vonclouds Companies viable. Any ideas on this?"

Duncan sipped on his glass, clinking the ice within

"Politically, seems that not much changes. Of course the largest thing has been the recent troubles with the so called 'Zoner Alliance', but that too has passed. As you mentioned, Liberty and Rhienland still wage war, and Gallia presses hard on Bretonia. The Most interesting thing lately has been the rumor of unconventional new allies for the Corsairs, but I've seen nothing to give credence to those rumors. Other than that, the Status quo remains, and we continue to deftly navigate the unpredictable political landscape."

Duncan stops and looks around the lounge

"Hmm... Perhaps we work the employees too hard? Seems no one has time to stop in here for a drink. I suppose we'll have to take a look at the delivery schedules."

"I prefer not to discuss the Zoner Aliance" said the COO coldly. "I'd rather have the Mecical Team of the TAZ examine them all and put them into the very fashionable white jackets you can only close from the back."

He took a big sip to swallong his rising anger. The ZA were neither good business-partners nor good enemies. He took another sip and as quick as possible changed the subject:

"As for the employes: I guess they are somewhat frightend to see their bosses without a massive desk separating them." He chuckled. " Maybe we sould officially invite some of the better perfermers up here."
Pages: 1 2