Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: McFallen, Man of Unforgotten Ancestry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Small OoRp note, this biography is still a work in progress, and feedback is appreciated, especially some constructive criticism. Thanks!

"When I was just a young lad, my father would sit beside my bed and tell me epic tales of our people from the Common Era. Stories of wooden vessels, tools hand forged from the earth's metals, and people with remarkable resolves."

McFallen's current life stems from his relationship with his father in his childhood, with his actions heavily influenced by his old man's. His father was his idol, his man who's shoes he would have grown into, the one and only person he could look up to. He and his father lived alone on Hamilton Station, where he spent a good portion of his childhood. Living on a production station, McFallen's only real memories came from the short moments he spent with his dad while he wasn't working, and often consisted of stories of his Common Era ancestry. He could listen to his father's history lessons for hours on ends, fascinated by his history of norse people who would lead lives of such mythical and legendary status. When he was finally eighteen and deemed worthy of having his own ship, his father became terminally ill. McFallen's moment of pride and honor had been turned sour by such a poor fate, and his father, being the man he was, realized this and ran away, leaving a final message for McFallen. His message was for him to leave a new legacy behind, to continue to grow as a norse warrior of the stars, and to make him proud. He left a portion about McFallen finding him when he had some experience under his belt, but both father and son knew this to be impossible, as his father's fate had been sealed before he left, with no way of him being able to survive such a severe sickness. McFallen accepted his father's challenge regardless, knowing it's futility and hopelessness, and just how impossible it was, because that was the kind of man his father had raised him to be. He donned his father's last memoir; Battle armor, worn by his ancestors and passed down through the generations. He boarded his newly earned ship, and set off for the stars, ready for a new beginning.

McFallen's modern life has been affected greatly by his environment, being surrounded by the scum of Sirius, he became a freelancer, who more often than not smuggled goods through the houses. He tries to keep lawful, making sure not to do any wrongs by the civilians of each house and also in part keep with his unlawful contacts, readying constant goods for smuggling when he needs the cash. His lowlife career seems to have seeped into his morals a bit, as he tends to make himself quite popular with the ladies (A direct quote, "Aye, I've even bedridden Queen Carina, if you catch my drift lad"). He's also been reported to have slight drinking problems, and is known to gamble more than the average pilot at local bars. Recently, he's encountered some keen faces, and possibly made some new friends.
Despite his lowlife appearance, he still holds his father's image dear, and maintains his manners and protocol as a gentleman, treating women he meets with proper respect and trying to talk his way out calmly rather than start a brawl. His light-hearted jokes and mannerism is all he can do to keep his posture day to day, his time piloting the Pelican taking it's toll and breaking him down. He keeps a picture of him as a child being held by his father on his navigation panel, a constant reminder of why he flies, and his armor hanging in his sleeping quarters, a constant reminder of who he his.