Discovery Gaming Community
Harvester - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Harvester (/showthread.php?tid=10647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Harvester - Jinx - 08-01-2008

i made a LF concept, but harvesters sort of rejected, as they do not use LFs - i find that OK.. LFs are not everyones choice.

i do not think i will ask for a torp slot to be added. - if it replaced the marsflyer ( cause i must not replace the kiith somtaav .. upon request of igiss it must remain untouched ) - it will come with the marsflyers guns and specifications..... i think the marsflyer as a ship is OK. - even without a torp slot it has considable advantages over normal fighters.... ... like a MUCH greater gun firepower.

the ship is currently textured, and i m hardpointing it tomorrow. - it is supposed to be about slightly bigger than a bomber - but if the stats remain, it ll support the idea of a harvester ship.... 30.000 armour, 350 bats / bots for a good survivability. - all guns will be mounted on the central spine to increase the accuracy ( and to achieve the same effect the marsflyer has ... which is a continuous beam )

glow-effects and sound effects should stay the same, cause i like them - they have an alien feeling about it.

Harvester - Cosmos - 08-07-2008

time to get my harvester up and running again eh?? and jinx can you make it a about the sie of the talarca if ok with scorn?? cus that was the main deadly effect of the talarca, the size was uber small and its was great.

Harvester - Linkus - 08-07-2008

LF concept, I'm very interested.
While the Harvesters may reject it, perhaps insert it for other AI?
I know that's what I'm currently trying to get a design for. A small drone style ship for an AI to inhabit (Or for it to be actually. The entire fighter would be the AI.) or a mothership style vessel and then smaller drones. Unsure currently as to which to do.

Harvester - Jinx - 08-07-2008

to be honest - i don t remember how i sized this ship - but its somewhat default cruiser-sized... slimmer but longer.

it looks larger than it is, cause its proportioned like a nomad ship with such a long spine - but i believe i made it as long as a BHG battlecruiser while being considerably less massive. - i remember that bretonian turrets did not look utterly comical on it - ( just a little bit )

ahh, after all, you can still use the talarca - since that ship is not meant to replace it. - you can be certain that this ship won t be too powerful as i try not to make ships that push the limits of their class upwards. - from how it feels and performs, it should be just as average as the rheinland pirate cruiser, nothing out of the ordinary after all.

Harvester - Cosmos - 08-07-2008

jinx make it a BC and i will give you cookies and an unlimited supply of pencils to sketch you're designes?

Harvester - Jinx - 08-07-2008

i m afraid, that is not up to me. - IF it was up to me, i d give it BC powers - but i daresay it would cause an uprise of protests. battlecruisers are supposed to be the most advanced warships - and currently they are bound to:

- liberty as the technologically most advanced and economicly best faction
- BHG as a faction that focusses on warfare only AND has limitless resources
- IMG ( which is a research / exploration vessel and NOT a battlecruiser by definition )

i am sure - before a faction like the harvesters get a battlecruisers - many a factions would like one, too... cause battlecruisers are really much more powerful than most other warships.

but anyway - that is up to igiss, not up to me... he knows his mod best - and i haven t made any suggestions about its class other than a pure replace and a newly defined role. technicly its possible, cause it only means to modify the .ini - but balancewise i wouldn t feel comfy if the harvesters got a battlecruiser - not cause i think you don t deserve it - but cause i think that its a bit too much for a ship that will - even if the ID will be held genericly - be mostly a harvester ship ( on our server ).

edit: i don t need paper and pencils - i don t sketch my designs - i start with a cube and go on while i read or think of something else. - most of the time, its only rubbish... but sometimes there is some good model popping up. ( in case you have seen the fish i made the other day - thats the average quality of my models )

my suggestion was still to give it twice the bats / bots that a ship of this size usually has to ensure it a greater longevity cause the harvesters have to fight against more threats and do not possess superior stats like wilds or nomads. - but even that is not sure... and purely up to igiss.