Discovery Gaming Community
Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 (/showthread.php?tid=98543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - sindroms - 05-17-2013

The only problem I see so far is this:

Regarding house coorperations

- Can hunt ships belonging to houses or organisations considered hostile by X within their Zone of Influence.
Zone of Influence: X

This is redundant, since if the factions are hostile to X, they would not be there in the first place.

Allowing them to AT LEAST engage these organizations in the borderworlds between all houses would be much easier.

Xenos

The Xenos are an ultranationalist terrorist group in Liberty who focus on the expulsion of foreigners. They prefer to hit foreign shippers instead of Liberty shippers, and prefer to destroy rather then steal.

Pilot carrying this unlawful ID is a member of the Xenos who:

- Can demand cargo from lawful and unlawful ships, and attack them if they do not comply within their Zone of Influence.
- Can hunt pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within their Zone of Influence.
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls.
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pilgrim Liner and Pirate Train.

Zone of Influence: Liberty, systems directly bordering Liberty, Kansas, Humboldt, Vespucci
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports

Does this mean, that the Xenos will not be able to treat non libertonian trading ships as combat targets?

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Eduard - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 04:51 PM)sindroms Wrote: The only problem I see so far is this:

Regarding house coorperations

- Can hunt ships belonging to houses or organisations considered hostile by X within their Zone of Influence.
Zone of Influence: X

This is redundant, since if the factions are hostile to X, they would not be there in the first place.

Allowing them to AT LEAST engage these organizations in the borderworlds between all houses would be much easier.

Xenos

The Xenos are an ultranationalist terrorist group in Liberty who focus on the expulsion of foreigners. They prefer to hit foreign shippers instead of Liberty shippers, and prefer to destroy rather then steal.

Pilot carrying this unlawful ID is a member of the Xenos who:

- Can demand cargo from lawful and unlawful ships, and attack them if they do not comply within their Zone of Influence.
- Can hunt pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within their Zone of Influence.
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls.
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pilgrim Liner and Pirate Train.

Zone of Influence: Liberty, systems directly bordering Liberty, Kansas, Humboldt, Vespucci
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports

Does this mean, that the Xenos will not be able to treat non libertonian trading ships as combat targets?

Regarding the Xenos, judging their ID restrictions they are still able to treat non libertonian trading ships as combat targets since they are lawfuls as well, no?

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - belarusich - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 04:29 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Thyrzul: You were answered. How hard can "drop all cargo and run like hell" or something similar be to roleplay?

As promised, a map of 4.87 Sirius (Linkiefied because 5MB). This should give everyone a good idea of what goes where and what connects to where.

I was right and Gallia conquered Leeds? Or Bretonia took it and forgot to build gates which they destroyed(or what?) ?

Also, O-7 which connect O-54, is in a fact O-11 i hope.

Which system is Drake? Connect Coronado and Newcastle? Tau-117?

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - belarusich - 05-17-2013

(05-15-2013, 03:19 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 03:14 PM)belarusich Wrote: Also, why Maquis cant fly Gunboats? Sad

Becaus the Maquis ID can treat any lawful trader as a combat target, not just a cargo-piracy target (IE. to prevent Gunboats from insta-killing transports). However, this change was implemented before SNACs got nerfed and GBs got buffed, leaving the Maquis horribly under-equipped to deal with GB-dense enemies.

There is no supporting lore-related reason. They may be terrorists, but they're supported by the Council, which is not short on ships at this point in time.
GBs buffed, SNACs nerfed? Did i miss something? So, will Maquis fly GBs or no? I cant understand

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Jinx - 05-17-2013

just a little fix

no more two omega-7

instead of politically dividing the omicrons, they are now - like the other edgeworld regions only described according to the region.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Tunicle - 05-17-2013

(05-16-2013, 09:25 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Tunicle, I'm not sure what you mean. EFL lists IDF, GMS lists IDF. IDF lists EFL and GMS - it's a shipper/manufacturer and shipper/miner type of deal... The reason for listing them is to give players an understanding on who their closest friends IRP are. It's basically giving new players a rough indication of what the faction does.

Thank you, you guessed what I meant and answered.

Although with that logic should GMS and EFL share miner/manufacturer?

And I still worry that the word partnered implies more than just closest friends.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Sarawr!? - 05-17-2013

Heya Aet, I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, so I'll go ahead and do so.

You didn't add Leeds/Bretonia at all as part of the ZOI for the Liberty Navy ID.

As it stands right now, the Liberty Navy has been operating in and around Bretonia on and off, assisting the BAF| with the defense of Leeds, and conducting recon, so in the very least, we should have Leeds on our ID, unless you mean to tell us that we cannot defend our allies, conduct recon, and establish trade connections inRP.

This is why I didn't like the idea of "Set in stone" zones of influence when the team discussed it a while back, it's too black and white, too restrictive. It doesn't allow for much deviation, and it really hampers some aspects of roleplay. Obviously you shouldn't see a military warship from Liberty flying around the Omegas, but what of military tradeships like those belonging to the Bretonia Merchant Navy or Liberty Logistics Service, both of whom, to my knowledge fly under the ID of their respective House military?

Pilot A: What are you doing here?
Pilot B: I'm on a Trade mission from x
Pilot A: YOu're out of your ID ZOI!!!! REPROT!!

Maybe I'm cynical, but I'm fairly certain that the above example will happen.

Anyway my main issue was the lack of Leeds on the LN ID, take a look at that, please? Thanks.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - SummerMcLovin - 05-17-2013

Just a note, some of them were just comments and not questions/suggestions.

Alright about the BAF, should be an opportunity for the Council and Colonials to assist even more.
About Alpha raiding, Jammi (and then you) mentioned that some other factions like the Colonials, GRN and Gallic unlawfuls would be given O-81 and Alpha in their ZoIs. For the Gallic unlawfuls especially, ZoI in their secret(ish) corridor through Outcast space would be quite fitting, and the first two when coming from the Taus.
Corsairs are not as big a priority for the IMG, so I can accept Artifacts being excluded. Outcasts are a priority and funded by its trade, and since Cardamine causes direct harm to people, demanding it should stay on.
(05-17-2013, 08:14 AM)Ceoran Wrote: Given the situation with the Hackers in Magellan: would they really interdict all of those transports?
There actually is a deal with the Hackers. I think the exact details are that we ignore their smugglers and allow them to dock on FP4 (-0.3 rephack), and we do not get pirated in return.
As for the IMG piracy line, should there not be a limit to not include house space?
I suppose these ZoI things will be easier if a "coloured map" is put out with "honorary Taus" and the like put in - and it seems we got one.
Rheinland unlawful stuff seems pretty cool, was just a comment. Was thinking of New Hampshire as a Liberty system and the line as "independent systems bordering", hence the confusion.
I've said my piece on the Maquis and Xeno IDs.
For SCRA, I believed Liberty would be their main target (at least by desire) even though they are close to Bretonia and Rheinland.
The GJ and UC IDs seem fine, although I would hope that the lack of a "no cargo or credit demands/unlawful acts in house space" for the Junkers is an oversight.

The new map is helpful, thanks for that. Most of my ZoI questions are answered then.

For LolRawr's post, there is nothing to prevent people heading out of their ZoI, even currently (except a few IDs) so LN transports wouldn't be in trouble unless they started engaging others. Perhaps adding Leeds, Manchester and/or New London to the LN ID to show their assistance in defending Bretonia would be fitting though.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Evo - 05-18-2013

(05-16-2013, 08:48 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 07:05 AM)Hone Wrote: Your just repeating yourself, what cant you do under "may hunt lawfuls" that you could do under "may treat" lines?
Blow up all transports without making a demand. That's why that line is gone except in VERY specific cases. (Nomads - who can't demand cargo or credits, Mercs - who need the kill to claim, and specific cargo types that specific unlawful factions would want to destroy outright).

So yea, gone by intend to make the playing field level. I understand this restricts the Maquis and Xenos a little bit - but the IDs as they are are potential gameplay issues with people throwing a /l1 /l2 *fire torpedoes* style of weak roleplay. Sources of grieving I'm trying to prevent and all that.

I quite agree that there are grieving xenos, but there are griefers everywhere. I've spoken with people and come up with a proposition. XA can use that line effectively without taking away from RP, in essence we actually make the RP more realistic. Would an official ID specifically for the Xeno Alliance be able to be made WITH this line added, assuming the proposed change goes through?

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Echo 7-7 - 05-18-2013

(05-17-2013, 05:43 PM)belarusich Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 03:19 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 03:14 PM)belarusich Wrote: Also, why Maquis cant fly Gunboats? Sad

Becaus the Maquis ID can treat any lawful trader as a combat target, not just a cargo-piracy target (IE. to prevent Gunboats from insta-killing transports). However, this change was implemented before SNACs got nerfed and GBs got buffed, leaving the Maquis horribly under-equipped to deal with GB-dense enemies.

There is no supporting lore-related reason. They may be terrorists, but they're supported by the Council, which is not short on ships at this point in time.
GBs buffed, SNACs nerfed? Did i miss something? So, will Maquis fly GBs or no? I cant understand

Apologies for the confusion; I was talking about the 4.85-4.86 change (as context was required).

It would appear that, in 4.87, Maquis will be able to use Gunboats again.