Discovery Gaming Community
Capital Ship Turrets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Capital Ship Turrets (/showthread.php?tid=1564)

Pages: 1 2

Capital Ship Turrets - Nightfall - 09-07-2006

LMAO, never tried leading a horse to water, but I can catch a lizzard...

Capital Ship Turrets - DarkOddity - 09-07-2006

Nightfall,Sep 7 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:I guess I must be a moronic idiot for understanding the way equipment should go this way. I can't see why would Igiss make 3 types of the same turret with different stats... What do you think? Gunboat, Cruiser, Battleship??? Hmm?
[snapback]34941[/snapback]

lol... First off, the tags Transport, Cruiser, Gunboat, Battleship ect... Don't neccessarily mean *only to be used on this kind of ship* It means they are designed to have the best damage for that class of ship with the appropriate damage and drains for that better damage over the lower class turrets. Also if Igiss intended for the weapons to be used solely on those classes of ships, there *ARE* things you can do to hardpoints to restrict the class of shipt hey are equipped on.

Now, before you jump back to the conclusion that they shouldn't be used on the other ships, you need to realise that every time you equip a turret of a lower class than is designed for your ship, you put your self at risk for a few things, like the turret getting blown off in 1-2 shots of a single area of effect weapon, this is a big problem for battleships that use lower level turrets. For example, If I equp 4 transport turrets on my battlestar, and I get hit by a nova in the general area, it is 100% guaranteed that those 4 turrets will *all* be dead, because even with the 3.0 armor granted by mk7 armor, they still have less armor than a battleship turret. You need to realise (and this is probly stupid of me to broadcast over a forum) I am trading having the disadvantage of being almost completely unarmed in a quarter of the time, just for energy efficiency.

Capital Ship Turrets - Nightfall - 09-07-2006

Loose the shields and get novaed I'd give it max 2-3 torps to kill whatever turrets there are on in that area. Though, I think that they'll get blown off in one shot, whatever turret be there.

Capital Ship Turrets - mio_cid - 02-18-2010

' Wrote:Both of you (DO and McNeo) seem to have a problem with understanding plain english. Let me ask again.

Which part of 'Transport turret' or 'Cruiser turret/missile' is not clear?

I'll try explaining:
'Transport' mount on TRANSPORT,
'Cruiser' means it should be mounted on a CRUISER,
'Gunboat' means mount on a GUNBOAT,
'Battleship' put it on a BATTLESHIP.

I guess I must be a moronic idiot for understanding the way equipment should go this way. I can't see why would Igiss make 3 types of the same turret with different stats... What do you think? Gunboat, Cruiser, Battleship??? Hmm?

bravo!!! "waves" could?nt be more clear

Capital Ship Turrets - McNeo - 02-18-2010

Necromancy is bad.

And I do not type like a retard anymore.

Lock please.

Capital Ship Turrets - Birdtalon - 02-18-2010

Wow calm down and stop yelling. It's just an idea.

Capital Ship Turrets - Tenacity - 02-19-2010

I'm fairly certain that most gunboats, cruisers, and battleships are not able to mount any weapons of a lower class than what they're meant to.

For example, no cruisers i've flown can mount class 7 turrets.

EDIT: Hell, I didnt even see the date on this thread, damn necromancers >.>

Capital Ship Turrets - Kazinsal - 02-19-2010

Liberty gunboats can mount fighter turrets.

(+1)

Capital Ship Turrets - Boss - 02-19-2010

Talk about an old thread. Lock it!

(+1)