Discovery Gaming Community
Metagaming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Metagaming (/showthread.php?tid=23943)

Pages: 1 2

Metagaming - kindred - 07-27-2009

There is no game without meta, a guilt even the purists carry about.

Metagaming - masternerdguy - 07-27-2009

' Wrote:There is no game without meta, the guilt even the purists carry about.

dude! its not like this is wow or EVE where you are supposed to KNOW its not a game. This server requires un poco self control.:nono:

Metagaming - tansytansey - 07-27-2009

The difference between Metagaming and Roleplaying is being able to legitimately explain your knowledge. Most of the people who claim to know about Nomads who are not in an edge world faction (Outcasts, Corsairs, Zoners, Order etc) or have met them personally are pretty much metagaming. That's the biggest example. I see people every day blabbing about Nomads or Sol or the Order or Alaska, when they really shouldn't. If something isn't mentioned in the news of your factions/allies stations then your character doesn't know it...

But I don't know why we use the term 'metagaming' to describe this.

Quote:Metagaming is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset

Metagaming - Bear - 07-27-2009

' Wrote:The difference between Metagaming and Roleplaying is being able to legitimately explain your knowledge. Most of the people who claim to know about Nomads who are not in an edge world faction (Outcasts, Corsairs, Zoners, Order etc) or have met them personally are pretty much metagaming. That's the biggest example. I see people every day blabbing about Nomads or Sol or the Order or Alaska, when they really shouldn't. If something isn't mentioned in the news of your factions/allies stations then your character doesn't know it...

But I don't know why we use the term 'metagaming' to describe this.

I'm pretty sure everyone would know about nomads anyway because of everyone getting infested when Trent was fighting them so... and the fact that they are usually in NY or other populated places. So yeah, knowing about nomads isn't that unrealistic.

Metagaming - n00bl3t - 07-27-2009

' Wrote:I admit, I read the Navy's dump for fun sometimes. Its so exciting to be mentioned:D

/signed.

Metagaming - tansytansey - 07-27-2009

' Wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone would know about nomads anyway because of everyone getting infested when Trent was fighting them so... and the fact that they are usually in NY or other populated places. So yeah, knowing about nomads isn't that unrealistic.
What Government body in their right mind would release such information? It would cause wide spread panic. Do you see any news at all in the Bars about Nomads? No. Government cover up. Nomads only infected the military, not the general population and Wilde are very hard to differentiate from humans.