Discovery Gaming Community
Acquisitions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Acquisitions (/showthread.php?tid=8452)

Pages: 1 2

Acquisitions - bluntpencil2001 - 05-22-2008

Michael double-checked that the triple-sealed package next to him was safe. Even with the miniaturised gravity unit in his Saber, he still worried that the box would fall and get damaged. Very unlikely, but the consequences would be very unpleasant if it did. The boss would be most displeased.

Now sure that the delivery was safe, Michael adjusted a dial on his stylish silver wristwatch. A few alerts ran across his neural net's heads-up display, indicating that the fancy little toy had worked and...

... the small docking bay to the 66th's Destroyer, Giustizia, opened slowly, vapours gently hissing into vacuum as the Saber crept aboard.

Michael climbed from the cockpit, carefully retrieving the gift, making sure not to rough it up. A few glances came from the deck crew, but, for the most part they had recognised him as a loyal member of the Blue Lotus Society who had recently taken the rap for a series of crimes and ended up in prison in order to keep the Don's plate clean. The sort that could be relied upon with all sorts.

He set his helmet back into the cockpit, giving a sarcastic smile at the recognition he was receiving before adjusting his Cardamine inhaler (he had the classy, concentrated stuff... they could tell from his all-too focused eyes) as well as the tie of his stylishly respectable black suit.

The deck crew fidgetted nervously. This man had a strange edge to him. Should he be here? They began to worry as one, but their collective train of thought stopped dead as he snapped his fingers and pointed at the deckworker nearest to him.

"You, kid, lead me to the Captain's quarters, si?" commanded the suited gangster. It had been a long time since he'd been aboard a Destroyer, being a fighter-jock that had just spent six years behind bars.

The 'kid', obviously older than Michael, eventually managed to stutter out a response,

"Wh-which Captain, sir?"

Michael groaned, "Esperanza. Now, I don't got all day now, do I?"

It wasn't a long walk. Destroyers weren't like space stations, actually being very small in comparison. It was quite the surprise to Michael Corleone that his Saber managed to land on the damn thing. Next time he'd take a Scimitar... they were flashier anyway.

Arriving at Esperanza's door, Michael motioned with his hand that the crewman should leave. Again, he dialled on his expensive-looking watch, which was actually even more costly than it looked, being a Lane Hacker gadget that his boss gifted him for doing this job. He flicked a tiny switch and Esperanza's door opened.

A voice greeted Michael.

"Ah... that's one of Zacarias' little tricks isn't it?"

Michael assumed from her tone that the job wasn't going to get dangerous now, but he knew the dangers of assuming, so merely nodded respectfully, stepping forward with the thrice-sealed present.

"A gift, for me?" asked Esperanza, knowing full well it was.

"From Don Zacarias, milady. The code on the first lock is three, double six, four, nine..."

She punched the buttons in rapidly, the first electronic locks removing themselves in an elegant, automatic fashion.

Michael then removed an old-fashioned brass key from inside his jacket, handing it over with a slightly worried smile. She opened what was now obviously a locked steel container, removing something from the metal box as Corleone wiped a bead of sweat from his brow. Esparanza, now turned away from him, looked at him inquisitively over her shoulder.

"What's the matter?"

"Don Zacarias didn't say how to remove the final seal..."

Esparanza giggled as she spun around to reveal the third and final 'lock'...

... It was a ribbon. A red ribbon, tied into a bow, obviously holding shut a box of chocolates...

Acquisitions - sovereign - 05-23-2008

Incoming Transmission:
Comm ID: "Klaus Schneider"
Source: Bruschal Base, Frankfurt

Good sir, I heard a few tales from my Hessian friends about a certain individual being gifted with the finest Hessian Tear in stock, and after pulling a few strings found a way to contact you. Since my departure from the Red Hessians to join the Bundschuh, it appears some elements within my old squadron no longer trust me. I don't really blame them, but I've been looking for a way to repay them for the kindness I received since being rescued all those long years ago, and this might be it. Since my old friends are willing to help you, I see no reason not to at least lend a hand to restore my honor, so to speak.

Here is my idea; I have access to a few more rare items, pilfered from the corporate filth I slay daily, and some of them might be of interest to you. I offer this as a gift through my fellow Hessians, in exchange for whatever they should require. In particular, the Red Hessian Army, since they of all Hessians have proven time and time again that there are good people to be found everywhere.

In my inventory I have a case of the finest wines and ales Rheinland has to offer, several wondrously delightful luxury food items that have been preserved so perfectly you would never know they aren't fresh (the corporate folk are willing to spend the workers' blood money on the top preservation technology, I guarantee the taste is untouched), and a few luxury consumer goods, mostly jewelry but a special prize as well: a masterfully crafted ornamental sword of the pre-war Rheinland Military.

All of these have been acquired over my years fighting Rheinland's cancerous corporations, and as I have no need of them, I am willing to part with whatever you should desire. Should any of these items be of interest to you, simply let me know and I will arrange dealings through my Hessian friends to get them to you.

Klaus out.

Acquisitions - Zapp - 05-23-2008

Incoming Transmission
Target: Herr Schneider
Comm ID: Zacarias Poncho

Thank you for the offer, Herr Schneider, but my collecting was for a purpose, and that purpose can be fulfilled with what I have now. If you wish, for simply offering, I will put in a good word with your old comrades.

End Transmission

Acquisitions - Zapp - 05-27-2008

Esperanza had received a communication from Zacarias that contained a time, date, and place only. No explanation. The time was in two hours, so she told Giovanni that he had command and just left the Giustizia, bound for Malta. The place was the equipment room off of the main spaceport, where most ships passed to upgrade (or downgrade, as wallets shrunk).

She walked in the normal entrance to a dark room. Not a sound stirred the air. She fumbled for the light switch, wondering what the hell Zac was up to this time, when the flood lights flicked on one-by-one without her touching the switch. Sitting on the pad was a shiny, brand-new Blood Dragon Bomber, 4 Krakens already mounted alongside the standard Inferno/Supernova secondary weapons. She inhaled deeply before taking a couple of steps forward.

"Surprise," Zacarias says, coming out of the shadows that were made by the lights to her right. In a flourish he swept to one knee and popped out a ring.

Acquisitions - Zapp - 06-19-2008

Esperanza was slightly taken aback, to say the least. There was a good reason why they had never married: both had commitment problems, which stems off into both of them sleeping around - a lot. Now, he just popped out a ring that looked like it took more than a pretty penny to buy. He had an eager look of expectation on his face that was extremely rare anymore.

"Zac... what are you doing?" she asked slowly.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"I know, but... why? I mean, after all this time, and we both still know why we never married in the first place, which still applies."

"Things have changed. I'm a Don now, and as such, I want you to be my Dona," he said with a smile.

She considered for a moment, and then another moment, until a full minute of Zacarias on his knee had passed. Finally, impatient, he demanded, "Well? Do I have to stay like this all night?"

"No, you don't," and with that, she grabbed him by the shoulders, pulled him up, and kissed him hard.