Discovery Gaming Community
Malaclypse Freeport Gone - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Malaclypse Freeport Gone (/showthread.php?tid=100708)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - Washizuka - 06-25-2013

Hmmm ... Well if min and max are set to 10k someone could fill the base with 10k crew and poof.

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - Zen_Mechanics - 06-25-2013

Well if you drop goods with admin privileges and add people on the tag list, by default they should be able to sell the same thing without being rejected. It sounds outlandish and you may think of me as a nut all for even suggesting it but you'll be surprised. ## Someone has to do a mobile version of the forums seriously. And yeah I hope an admin can clarify that.

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - Duvelske - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 01:01 AM)Washizuka Wrote: Hmmm ... Well if min and max are set to 10k someone could fill the base with 10k crew and poof.
impossible. as it was set on 1000 max and if i remember correctly it had 1000 crew at least 8-9 hours before.

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - AeternusDoleo - 06-25-2013

Right, looked into this and reported the findings back to TAZ leadership. This wasn't bug abuse. Someone took that base apart from the inside by deleting all goods on it using the base admin password. TAZ has the names of the accounts that were used in this, along with all alts. How they deal with the party responsible is up to them I suppose...

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - SMI-Great.Fox - 06-25-2013

Then with all due respect. Would it be possible for the admins to place a new station back in where Mal first was?

I dont wish to see the name of such a person tarred cause of such an act, and the efforts of so many ruined.

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - Joggin - 06-25-2013

Aye,

And thanks for spending the time and digging around fr the information. We'll need to deal with this internally and take steps to make sure there's no repeat.

MJ

(06-25-2013, 03:02 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Right, looked into this and reported the findings back to TAZ leadership. This wasn't bug abuse. Someone took that base apart from the inside by deleting all goods on it using the base admin password. TAZ has the names of the accounts that were used in this, along with all alts. How they deal with the party responsible is up to them I suppose...

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - AeternusDoleo - 06-25-2013

No bug was abused, so there's really no reason for the admins to get involved. If TAZ wants to rebuild, that's their perogative. But sharing base passwords is like sharing ships - make sure you can trust who you hand them out to. I personally don't fancy having to decide who has more rights to a specific shared resource then the next one.

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - Alley - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 12:02 AM)Tel-Aviv Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 12:00 AM)GTB Wrote: There is an easier way than that, if you have access to login with base that is. Just drop everything base needs to survive like "shield fuel, water food and oxygen, basic alloys and other materials needed. Then start shooting it.

How the hell are you going to get those codes exactly? 0|

summermclovin is pretty experienced in that, maybe he can enlighten us

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - Pinko - 06-25-2013

(06-24-2013, 11:48 PM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: As one of the owners of the base. I wouldn't even think of doing something so disrespectful, to a person who helped to shape a corner of our lives in TAZ.

We would not, will not, and think not, to do something so low.

If they did, we would have removed them from TAZ in a heatbeat.

To some of us, the opposite is what is disrespectful of him. I personally would be relieved if it stayed gone. Knowing Mal, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have appreciated it.

RE: Malaclypse Freeport Gone - sindroms - 06-25-2013

It was me 8|

Lel.

Shall we start pointing fingers then?

No, seriously, go discuss this in the ''do bases contribute to RP'' thread. Just look at the amount of butthurt this one base is giving. (sun)