Discovery Gaming Community
Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 (/showthread.php?tid=98543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - djordje_petrovic - 06-19-2013

INFOCARD
Gallic Junkers

The Gallic Junkers consist of scrap collectors, smugglers and other undesirables and people masking as such. They trade with both lawful and unlawful groups. Until recently, they were used by Gallia to gather intelligence on other houses, but they have somewhat fallen out of favor since the Gallic invasion into Sirius has begun. They sometimes still act as agents of the Crown, privateering for them behind enemy lines.

Pilot carrying this quasilawful ID is a member of the Gallic Junkers who:

- Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports. Ships belonging to Gallic corporations or allies of Gallia are exempted from this.
- Can demand cargo and credits from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply. Ships belonging to Gallic corporations or allies of Gallia are exempted from this.
- Cannot ally with anyone except with Gallic lawfuls.
- Cannot use any transport with more than 3,600 cargo except for the l'Ane and Vache.

Zone of Influence: Gallia, Gallic Borderworlds, Taus, Bretonia
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you nerfing again Gallic junkers ? Those 4.86 reference that they cant demand credits in Galia but can outside of it is good compatibility with lore that they act as ecconomic saboteurs of gallia enemies and privateers of their own. If you wanna penalize them you can put some more docking restrictions. Sirius junkers can operate in Kusari , and Gallic cant , no sense. And Hogosha can hunt them everywhere ,hmm , maybe tau 23 only according to those proposals.
Liberty supports Bretonia so libertians are seen as targets fo opportunity. Maybe only permit pirating in rheinland.

There are 2 types of engagement - against military&police which is warlike and against companies which is economy warfare or simple piracy. I am strongly opposed of reducing Zoi , but instead propose this type of course
ZOI
Can wage war in Bretonia ( can treat Bretonian coorporation tranports as combat targets) + actively engage BAF and BPI
Can demand credits& cargo in Liberty/Kusari space and destroy ships if they refuse to comply , can not engage Liberty/Kusari authority except self defence.
Can not pirate in Rheinland. Can trade lawfully in Rheinland.
Can pirate tranports in independent systems as targets of opportunitty.
optionall:
Can not ally with any unlawfulls except independent pirates and sirius junkers (as no one trusts them completely)
Can not dock on liberty BS , shipyards and house coorporation bases (via -5.5 repset)

Those ideas are based on my RP as gallic junker as present. Although i obtained in RP world authorisation form GRN admiral that i can destroy bretonian tranports as legal war target. Please dont cripple one interesting faction to play. Make it diverse.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - SummerMcLovin - 06-19-2013

The Gallic Junker ID is put in roughly as a mirror of the Bretonian Privateer ID, except obviously on the other side.
You might say they are an interesting faction to play, but I have only seen your luxurious_enterprise, Zayne's neutral-pirate abusing one, and heard of Jeni's. This is in contrast to a couple of big factions/versions of one faction who have done a lot of RP for a few years and earned themselves a bit of a deal, while I am fairly sure I saw two of the above GJ get sanctioned for their privateering.

As for not being able to do anything, you can engage everyone except Gallic and Kusari lawfuls, or if they are a transport, pirate them. If you want to be Gallic privateers, then you'd do so against your enemies in their space. Liberty isn't in your ZoI but they are in your target list; same with Bretonian ones with Kusari - they've now lost it.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Duvelske - 06-20-2013

Quote:; dsy_license_helghast
NAME
Artificial Intelligence ID

INFOCARD
Artifical Intelligence ID

The AI ID signifies the character an Artificial Intelligence. Most AI's descend from Planet Gammu, where environmental conditions caused human settlement to fail, leaving only sentient machines behind, who then continued to evolve. AI's are fully selfaware and autonomous, and not under Human or Nomad control.

Vessels carrying this quasilawful ID are controlled by an Artificial Intelligence, who :

- Can attack any ship in self-defense or in defense of another AI ship.
- Can attack any ship in systems that do not contain a jumpgate.
- Cannot attack transports and freighters, except in selfdefense.
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, AI Cruiser
Might be me, but i still wonder why an AI is allowed to dock an AI cruiser in house space.. while they may not attack a soul within a system with a jumpgate. Also i guess houses like to see AI's gathering intel on their homes to use on the advantage of AI's ?

Quote:; dsy_license_fc_j_grp
NAME
Junkers ID

INFOCARD
Junkers

The Junkers are a group of smugglers and black market traders who maintain a legal front through scrap peddling. They are rumored to deal with a lot of unlawful factions, but are enemies of the Xenos and the Hogosha.

Pilot carrying this quasilawful ID is a member of the Junkers who:

- Can attack any ships in self-defense, to protect another Junker ship, or in defense of a Junker base.
- Can demand cargo and credits from ships outside of Rheinland, Liberty and Bretonian house space, and attack them if they do not comply.
- Can attack Xenos and Hogosha anywhere.
- Cannot use any transport with more than 4,300 cargo.

Hmm but may demand cargo/credits in Gallia? while they are good with its government? Kinda strange isn't it? Look Kusari is also allowed but hey look how kusarians like the Junkers, it makes sense. Only Gallia i do not get

Quote:; dsy_license_ga_j_grp
NAME
Gallic Junkers ID

INFOCARD
Gallic Junkers

The Gallic Junkers consist of scrap collectors, smugglers and other undesirables and people masking as such. They trade with both lawful and unlawful groups. Until recently, they were used by Gallia to gather intelligence on other houses, but they have somewhat fallen out of favor since the Gallic invasion into Sirius has begun. They sometimes still act as agents of the Crown, privateering for them behind enemy lines.

Pilot carrying this quasilawful ID is a member of the Gallic Junkers who:

- Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports. Ships belonging to Gallic corporations or allies of Gallia are exempted from this.
- Can demand cargo and credits from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply. Ships belonging to Gallic corporations or allies of Gallia are exempted from this.
- Cannot ally with anyone except with Gallic lawfuls.
- Cannot use any transport with more than 3,600 cargo except for the l'Ane and Vache.

Zone of Influence: Gallia, Gallic Borderworlds, Taus, Bretonia
Maybe time to scrape this faction? Only difference is that it can pirate now within gallia and its borderworlds. also that instead of the Junker id you can pirate in bretonia. Also Junker ID has no ZOI restriction which the Gallic one has. Even with piracy now. While it was a nice id to be a gallic junker to pirate with. AND it has a cargo restriction of tops 4250 (vache), while plain junkers may go to 4300 cargo space. Also with this i would place the Junker salvager as an additional selling point within gallia. on a Gallic junker base.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - SummerMcLovin - 06-20-2013

I also forgot that the Gallic Junkers will still be able to mine Scrap (which I have heard is actually really good in some parts of Gallia) and of course smuggle rather well. Remember that you can leave your ZoI, just that you can no longer pirate outside of it - as sensible as that might seem...

(06-20-2013, 10:37 AM)Duvelske Wrote: Also with this i would place the Junker salvager as an additional selling point within gallia. on a Gallic junker base.
Had a check in this thread for you, it will be sold on Bourg-en-Bresse Freeport.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Trail - 06-20-2013

for the farmers alliance and exile related ID.

Farmers Alliance
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls except for Samura.

I think there should be an addition of can ally with Kusari Exiles and Hogosha.
There might not be many times when that can happen.

I assume that the hogosha Id has to have an exception to allying with the FA that wont allow it to assist the FA in pirating in Kusari (outside that should be no problem)
And I assume / hope the Exiles get something similar to that.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Mercarryn - 06-21-2013

AFAIK, rulewise Hogosha are not 100% lawful. By inRP laws of Kusari, yes, but not by disco ID rules. Therefore no need to set up an addtional line for both Hogo and Farmer ID

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - AeternusDoleo - 06-21-2013

Going to close this out for now. The IDs are posted as-is, can always be changed later if we run into issues. There's been enough time spent on this for now.