Discovery Gaming Community
Remove pirate ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remove pirate ID (/showthread.php?tid=108426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Remove pirate ID - nOmnomnOm - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 10:47 AM)sindroms Wrote: I, in fact, am talking about the Rogue Lore. You know, how stuff was around 08-09.

Yep. Stuff evolved. Took shape more and grew.

RE: Remove pirate ID - sindroms - 12-07-2013

Yeah, and then, as you said, it all died.

RE: Remove pirate ID - Scumbag - 12-07-2013

My point is that if you start pirating you eventualy become one of the pirate factions, you dock at their bases, you fly their ships, you do their work. If it looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck, it's a duck you know?

Agreed. Rogues are a mix of single, duos and trios of pirates, smugglers, drug dealres, distributors, gamblers, terrorists and other. They fly a whole mix of ships, so it is hard to tell whether or not they are a part of the "Liberty Rogues" or not. If someone is not shot by them while in liberty, it is easier just to label them as one of that bunch, and shoot it regardless of who or what they might actually be.

(12-07-2013, 10:50 AM)sindroms Wrote: Yeah, and then, as you said, it all died.

Yep. Sad to say it did.
What goes up must come down.

(12-07-2013, 10:51 AM)Scumbag Wrote: My point is that if you start pirating you eventualy become one of the pirate factions, you dock at their bases, you fly their ships, you do their work. If it looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck, it's a duck you know?

The legendary Trent is still a Freelancer if I recall...
So i slightly disagree. You may work for someone or behave similar, but that doesnt mean you ARE them. A freelance Pirate is not bound to a leader. He works for his own interests. In this case, getting rich off of traders.

Trent, for all his intents and prupouses, was a LSF. Because he answered to Juni, was funded by them and was given intel from them. He cooperated with them.

After that, and only after shait hit the fan, you could start calling him a Freelancer- when he was on his own.

However, we both know that wasn't for long. Soon you could have called him a Blood Dragon and then an Order operative.

It wasnt for long but the fact still remains that being a freelancer exists and makes sense. Look at other story lines form other places too.

In any case we drifted off topic...

So yeah I say no and keep Pirate ID where its at.
You shouldn't force people to have no choice but to join a faction. They can solo if they want. Pirate ID cant even dock on rogue bases anymore anyway.

I propose a solution though: advertise your faction more. Get more out there and be more active. You'll get more members then when they see you group is cool and play the game well.

RE: Remove pirate ID - Scumbag - 12-07-2013

A rogue is not bound to a leader either. Nor any other pirate in Sirius.

Well, we agree that the Pirate ID is misuesed by pvpers, flying in front of Manhattan, luring people away to shoot.

What if we simply limit their ZOI.

"Cannot enter house space". It means if you want to play around with the locals there, use a fitting ID. As for places like the borderworlds, edge worlds and nomad worlds and other independent space, go yarr it up.

I only guess that moving between such spaces would not be possible.

"Cannot enter core house systems like New York, New Berlin, New Tokyo and New London (And whatever the Gallic one is called)"

(12-07-2013, 11:06 AM)Scumbag Wrote: A rogue is not bound to a leader either. Nor any other pirate in Sirius.

Except offical factions my have a right to enforce some stuff on unofficial factions. and if in your group there is a leader then he is basically looking up to the leader is he not?

I dunno how your faction works man. Just talking in general.

And yeah, if your in a different faction then why are you bound to a leader in another faction. pretty obvious.

@spazzy

Some house spaces that are like NY or NB are the key system to go through. its kinda tough then man.

and really, if the problem is that your mad that your getting "lured" into a trap then thats life. deal with it. the offical factions do that same thing.