Discovery Gaming Community
IRMM~ Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: IRMM~ Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=171555)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: IRMM~ Feedback - Greylock - 11-06-2019

Hi, memelord here.

Per a tiny itsty bitsy technicality in the server rules, at least to my understanding, it actually isn’t against the rules for an Outcast to attack another outcast, as they do possess the ID line “- Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports.“ And since when ID conflicts with the rules, the ID overrides, we have a problem. However, exploiting that line to attack someone of the same ID is exceedingly poor form.

Perhaps it’s time for an overhaul of the unlawful IDs.

RE: IRMM~ Feedback - Reeves - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 07:50 AM)StDH Wrote: We will shoot someone who betrayed Malta for Liberty Rogues . This is an inRP thing. Besides, we can shoot anyone we want. Look at MOA or MR*

There's procedure for this, as bad as the FR system might currently be it still exists to prevent abuse of faction power. What you're effectively doing is acting as the RP Police. MOA was on the receiving end of an FR5 request to enable proper hostilities, when a faction is deliberately violating the basic lore of the NPC faction then yes hostilities become justified. But just because you believe someone is being silly or has committed a subjective form of betrayal, does not give you - the faction, the right to deny them gameplay access. When in doubt of what to do with a person doing something silly, it's often better to simply let them do the thing without restriction so that their behavior becomes a spectacle for future remembrance, rather than doing them the courtesy of stopping them.

RE: IRMM~ Feedback - StDH - 11-06-2019

Don't take me wrong. But would you trust someone who changed coats for a group such as Liberty Rogues and then suddenly appeared in your Guard system on an OC ID ship?

Medusa Gorgon has been not only doing herself a bad name among OC society but openly tried to call for arms/revolution against Malta.

If you all are even then going to cry about OC ID shooting OC ID. You shall, perhaps, know the RP behind it. Otherwise you look like you came only to stirr chaos which is toxic.

(11-06-2019, 07:57 AM)Reeves Wrote: There's procedure for this, as bad as the FR system might currently be it still exists to prevent abuse of faction power. What you're effectively doing is acting as the RP Police. MOA was on the receiving end of an FR5 request to enable proper hostilities, when a faction is deliberately violating the basic lore of the NPC faction then yes hostilities become justified. But just because you believe someone is being silly or has committed a subjective form of betrayal, does not give you - the faction, the right to deny them gameplay access. When in doubt of what to do with a person doing something silly, it's often better to simply let them do the thing without restriction so that their behavior becomes a spectacle for future remembrance, rather than doing them to courtesy of stopping them.

is defecting from one country to another and then coming back a subjective form of betrayal? Isn't this worth execution?

(11-06-2019, 08:01 AM)StDH Wrote: Guard system

This concept has more or less been put under the axe and at least effectively no longer exists.

(11-06-2019, 08:01 AM)StDH Wrote: If you all are even then going to cry about OC ID shooting OC ID. You shall, perhaps, know the RP behind it. Otherwise you look like you came only to stirr chaos which is toxic.

When an alternative Xeno faction that was a little silly rose up and started doing things we didn't necessarily like - did you see them being shot or prevented from using bases with the same NPC affiliation? Perhaps I am toxic, but I have no desire to prevent people from physically playing the game or doing what they want. Consequences will occur, but I'm not going to pretend that I can stake ownership to the pixels on my screen.

(11-06-2019, 08:01 AM)StDH Wrote: is defecting from one country to another and then coming back a subjective form of betrayal? Isn't this worth execution?

Why do you need to let this bother you when literally nobody is acknowledging the thing anyway? If something is unreasonable, then more often than not the community will frown and refuse to play along. Being unreasonable in return just ends up being somewhat childish. If anyone has a right to be angry about things like this it'll be the LN and the LSF given the exceptional amount of defections and stolen technology roleplay floating around.

Reeves,

This concept has more or less been put under the axe and at least effectively no longer exists.
- Before you talk, i advise you check that All bases in Omicron Phi have Outcast Guard IFF

When an alternative Xeno faction...
- Are Liberty Rogues an alternative Outcast faction?

Why do you need to let this bother you when literally nobody is acknowledging the thing anyway? If something is unreasonable, then more often than not the community will frown and refuse to play along.
- Excuse me, you came here to talk about the wrongs we've done. Are you suddenly telling us to let ooRP grudges take the hold and that we should ignore a player inRP? This is mostly and utterly TOXIC. Nobody should be prevented RP. Medusa was given 5 lines to answer, there was no response.

(11-06-2019, 08:13 AM)StDH Wrote: Reeves,

- Before you talk, i advise you check that All bases in Omicron Phi have Outcast Guard IFF

When an alternative Xeno faction...
- Are Liberty Rogues an alternative Outcast faction?

Why do you need to let this bother you when literally nobody is acknowledging the thing anyway? If something is unreasonable, then more often than not the community will frown and refuse to play along.
- Excuse me, you came here to talk about the wrongs we've done. Are you suddenly telling us to let ooRP grudges take the hold and that we should ignore a player inRP? This is mostly and utterly TOXIC. Nobody should be prevented RP. Medusa was given 5 lines to answer, there was no response.

I was honestly hoping you'd at least try to understand the perspective I'm attempting to put across here. When your attitude is quite literally "Oh, well that's x person. I don't like x person's rp and therefore they cannot dock on this base, that I don't own." - It becomes quite telling that a grudge already exists in some capacity. A person with the respective NPC ID and IFF should use the respective assets. Which I must again assert that you have no actual authority over. If what they're doing is an abuse of the system, then let the system sort itself out. Inserting yourself into the equation is just problematic for you.

And no, if you read quite carefully I didn't tell you to ignore them, I told you to not let it bother you. You can express displeasure from an inrp standpoint but it really isn't within your rights to deny people certain freedoms associated with gameplay, because while roleplay and immersion is at the core of the experience this is still a game - or at least I'd hope..

Reeves. I believe you didn't even try to comprehend the situation unless you have a mental ability to read 2 pages of RP under 3 minutes.

(11-06-2019, 07:48 AM)Reeves Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 07:45 AM)StDH Wrote: Hello,

I'd like everyone to slow down and read this: Medusa Gorgon is a Liberty Rogue

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=174322

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=174733

Medusa Gorgon has a very bad reputation among several factions as being bossy and arrogant. Nearly every faction decided to ignore her in meantime.

Chiper is someone who prefers RP over PVP. And we suddenly have his ship with OC ID in Phi? May i know why this person is using both LR and OC id? Besides, Medusa Gorgon knows we're protecting Phi and since we had a prior communication with her, she didn't deny being a Rogue.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=174020&pid=2114576#pid2114576

That doesn't change the fact that you don't own the system or the assets of an NPC faction, if everyone else is inclined to ignore this person and hold their dignity - why can't IRMM?

I'll leave it at that, since I did genuinely try to talk this through and represent the dangers of the precedent that this sets.

Your precedent is showing that you're unwilling to read RP to understand the situation.

RE: IRMM~ Feedback - SnakThree - 11-06-2019

There are no Guard Systems. Guard IFF is remnant and being used to define more restricted bases, but there are no guard systems left. You will see Guard Systems being removed from rules and there was old staff announcement about removal of such systems.