Discovery Gaming Community
Remove pirate ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remove pirate ID (/showthread.php?tid=108426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Remove pirate ID - sindroms - 12-07-2013

They can try. Nobody in their right mind will allow their faction be controlled by someone else of the same ID, unless it was already the idea when they were creating it. Military wings are a good example.

I am talking about the OORP aspect here, mind.

I cannot see anyone wanting some group having oorp control over theirs. They will just tell them to frak off. I mean, there is a reason why they are making their own faction, rather than joining an existing one.

EDIT: Wait, what? I am just talking about the Pirate ID using its Can attack in Self Defense as a loophole to use it as a sirius wide Terrorist ID. Most people do not pirate with the thing. They fly around and make people attack them, simple as that.

RE: Remove pirate ID - nOmnomnOm - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 11:13 AM)sindroms Wrote: They can try. Nobody in their right mind will allow their faction be controlled by someone else of the same ID, unless it was already the idea when they were creating it. Military wings are a good example.

I am talking about the OORP aspect here, mind.

I cannot see anyone wanting some group having oorp control over theirs. They will just tell them to frak off. I mean, there is a reason why they are making their own faction, rather than joining an existing one.

taking control and enforcing something are two different things FYI

like the server rules state, offical factions CAN and have the right to influence. they wont be able to take over though.

I suggest we don't go there.

It will be [LN] 42th, 101st CL, Benitez HAF all over again.

Im just saying the rules are there. dont like them? offer to change them

How about we just redo the ID in a way that people would use it for Piracy.

No idea how tho.

RE: Remove pirate ID - Hidamari - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 01:01 AM)DarthBindo Wrote:
(12-06-2013, 11:23 PM)Hidamari Wrote: This would be good for improving faction indie count, but why do that when faction indies dont count.

I dont remember the last time something was done to cater to indie players.

Nobody seems to give a rats ass about them.
You should try the Corsairs.
I know you haven't, because you said mean things about official-indie relationships and didn't offer any exceptions.
We of the Council and the Empire love and adore our indies, despite having one of the worst playerbases.
They are cuddly, cute, and willing to wage bloody, screaming, vengeant horrors upon our foes for the good of the Empire and all Ventru.
What more can one ask of a Corsair?
SPELLING?
Irelevant (see wut i did ther)
I expect only unending, unyielding loyalty to the State and the People, and obedience to the Elders whose will and worth have been forged and proven in a thousand battles, honours and title won with blood and sweat and death.
Plus we let you shoot Zoners.
ITS REALLY FUN.

I concede that It might work that way for corsairs (which is great). but im talking about server attitude as a whole really.

But on the subject, id say yes get rid of the pirate ID, and potentially the miner id

RE: Remove pirate ID - tothebonezone - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 10:06 AM)Scumbag Wrote: LOL rogues are organized now?

You people really need to realize that all factions in space, regardless of how they're RP'd, are highly organized, extremely focused groups, be them crime syndicates, or megacorporations.

The more I think about it, the more the price of a ship (Fighter, bomber) sounds accurate. Dump $30,000 on a Starflier/Shuttle, you have a semi-truck cab sized ship to haul around a ton or two of cargo (Larger for the Shuttle.)

So yes, Rogues are organized. Extremely so. Players on the other hand like to pretend they're captain blackbeard on the high seas.

RE: Remove pirate ID - Scumbag - 12-07-2013

I am talking here from a role play/lore point nomnom. You don't seem to understand that farmers for example are not bound to a leader. Neither are hessians or whoever. Make the analogy with real life, i am a romanian, that doesn't mean i have to do what the president says, or agree with his opinion. I just don't give a f. Same thing happens in game. And that's what i don't understand with generic pirates, where do they come from? Freelancers are zoners mostly right? Are generic pirates zoner that pirate then?

And if i would be a pirate faction leader i would rephack generics too.

RE: Remove pirate ID - Lythrilux - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 11:39 AM)Scumbag Wrote: I am talking here from a role play/lore point nomnom. You don't seem to understand that farmers for example are not bound to a leader. Neither are hessians or whoever. Make the analogy with real life, i am a romanian, that doesn't mean i have to do what the president says, or agree with his opinion. I just don't give a f. Same thing happens in game. And that's what i don't understand with generic pirates, where do they come from? Freelancers are zoners mostly right? Are generic pirates zoner that pirate then?

It doesn't mean that the Rogues can't evolve.

(12-07-2013, 11:39 AM)Scumbag Wrote: I am talking here from a role play/lore point nomnom. You don't seem to understand that farmers for example are not bound to a leader. Neither are hessians or whoever. Make the analogy with real life, i am a romanian, that doesn't mean i have to do what the president says, or agree with his opinion. I just don't give a f. Same thing happens in game. And that's what i don't understand with generic pirates, where do they come from? Freelancers are zoners mostly right? Are generic pirates zoner that pirate then?

Yeah i know where your comming from. Rp -________________- dont think i dont know

and I still dont see where your getting that im saying you gotta follow a leader. im just saying lets say u have a Junker indy and then the congress can do something if he screws up majorly.

or something or other along those lines.

And no they are not zoners. i dont know where you got that from.