Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Navy [LN] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Navy [LN] (/showthread.php?tid=11128)

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - tothebonezone - 01-05-2014

(01-05-2014, 07:47 PM)McNeo Wrote: Our 6 fighter patrol caused how many people to log on to presumably have fun and shoot something.

This isn't about the fight.

The fight was a fight, that's it.

It's about what I described in my first post.

http://imgur.com/a/nl6yH

(01-05-2014, 12:39 PM)McNeo Wrote: What tangible reward do they get for that commitment? Legitimacy? Respect? Faction members are, more often than not, shown neither.

Do you expect your faction to be treated with respect when you act like that? To be considered legitimate?

(01-05-2014, 12:39 PM)McNeo Wrote: I already earned my place here, I wont be proving the legitimacy of my place to anybody. Nor should factions be expected to do the same. They earned it already.

If you earned your place here, you should act like you still belong here. If someone is witnessing their elder doing something destructive and negative, what do you think they'll do?

EDIT: Your posts are being brought up because you did the VERY thing you preached about in them.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Haste - 01-05-2014

(01-05-2014, 07:47 PM)McNeo Wrote: Our 6 fighter patrol caused how many people to log on to presumably have fun and shoot something.

A lot. Which is great. And yes, I had fun. I hope you did too.

(01-05-2014, 07:47 PM)McNeo Wrote: What is your point? Are you really telling me you wanted RP when you brought along a pair of Marduks to a force plainly without means to combat them?

I brought a Marduk to bail out a Sascya up against six [LN] fighters, of which at least two were "dangerous" to say the least.

We unfortunately don't have snubs that are any good in a combat situation. Sascyas are deathtraps in group fights, there's no denying that. Voidrunners lack a real punch, in my experience. The Adad's SNAC hardpoints are misaligned. The Morph's powercore hasn't been updated and isn't fit for firing LF guns.

(01-05-2014, 07:47 PM)McNeo Wrote: I don't know what it is you have a problem with. The moo'ing? A nomad player started that interaction, we rolled with it.

I'll put it like this: In New York, it's very common that indies say out-of-roleplay or "lulzy" things in system chat. Is it common practice for [LN] to reply with equally out-of-roleplay and "lulzy" things? I don't believe it is. I'd just hope that the same is true outside of New York.

(01-05-2014, 07:47 PM)McNeo Wrote: I also believe if you really want to demand RP quality from us, the pilot of the Ouroborous should type something instead of shooting without a word.

Somewhat entertaining, as you likely know I was flying the Ouroboros. Fortunately, you are incorrect:

[05.01.2014 16:27:41] K'Hara|Ouroboros: [The behemoth's dozens of weapon appendages flare up in an instant.]

This was typed about ten seconds after I jumped straight into three of your pilots shooting NPCs, and another three of you further out shooting the Sascya. Mind you, that Marduk only had an Advanced Cargo scanner, so you might've been just out of reach until I was dragged towards the group of fighters you were part of by the three I engaged.

I don't believe mindless, personal (and false) accusations are what you should be going for here.

Let's dedicate a neatly seperated part to this:

(01-05-2014, 07:47 PM)McNeo Wrote: If you expect the level of RP to be higher, perhaps you should gain a reputation for not mercilessly raping a bunch of fighters with a combined fleet double its size, trying to insta our fighters as we jump to chase you through a gate?

First: I don't see exactly how you can explain lolwutty system chat that happened before any Marduks even logged on by mentioning those very same Marduks. My explanation as to why Marduks were involved can be found above. In short: our snubs suck, and when I logged my Marduk the one indie Nomad in combat was severely outnumbered (much like you, later on). Let's pretend that [LN] didn't log on a Solaris Dread to deal with some fighters only a few days ago. Of course, that was fine as we had the Terrifying Ten Percent Core Lynx™ with us then.

As for jumpgate instakilling: We spotted a very large combined capital force (Order and LN indies, primarily) heading our way after we had burned through one Marduk's worth of regens killing two hostile Battleships and one hostile Cruiser. We were returning to Iota to restock and deal with them, as we stood no chance half-dry. You chose to follow us and got torn up primarily by weapon platforms, and partially by us.

Since you were only "passing through to Alpha" I'm not really sure why you chose to follow two Marduks back into Iota anyways.

It's also very important to note the second Marduk didn't shoot until I requested it cover our retreat towards the Alien Jump Gate to Iota.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Pancakes - 01-05-2014

So, I assume the LN that were in Kusari today was due to the raid of the Omicrons by them?

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Hannibal - 01-05-2014

(01-05-2014, 08:50 PM)Pancakes Wrote: So, I assume the LN that were in Kusari today was due to the raid of the Omicrons by them?

nope..as they went there after the fight.. @2h after it started in omicrons..

Edit..2 'incidents' by same players in same day.. kudos Big Grin

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Sarawr!? - 01-05-2014

I would like to apologize for the conduct of my guys while they were in O99, they thought that they were basically alone at the time, and at first when I heard they were using the whole *** wordswordswords*** format, I thought "Oh maybe they were RPing a conversation in their mind with a nomad", now I see that that wasn't the case, and I am unimpressed.

I do not however apologize for the raid, raids are good, except when people act like...well, that.

I'm glad this all boosted activity, and I'm glad it got attention, that's cool, and that's good for everyone (at least I think so.)

I didn't know about said raid until about an hour ago, so I'm trying to put together the whole picture myself.

What Connor said about the Nomad having started the whole "moo-ing" thing seems to be accurate though, however, that doesn't make the way the [LN] folks replied right, and Haste you're right, [LN] players would not have responded in such a way in New York, they know better.

Obviously I have to make it clearer that they don't get to let their demeanor devolve just because they've stepped out of Liberty.

I ah...yeah. I'm gonna talk to my guys.

@ Pancake: Yes, the [LN] group from the Omicrons used Kusari as a return route, I logged on just in time to see that bit.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - sindroms - 01-05-2014

Let's not forget about that one AFK outcast they engaged along the way in Alpha.
Which is, obviously, their zone of influence.

(01-05-2014, 09:08 PM)Katherine Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 08:50 PM)Pancakes Wrote: So, I assume the LN that were in Kusari today was due to the raid of the Omicrons by them?

[font=century gothic]nope

Yup. http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=109763

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - tothebonezone - 01-05-2014

I'm glad it's being looked into.

The raid is still a bit.. questionable of a locale if you ask me, but that's not what the whole issue was about.

Thanks Sarah

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Haste - 01-05-2014

Alright. Good to see it's handled.

I'm sure the fight wasn't enjoyable for the [LN] side, and I'm sure we could have somehow given you more of a fighting chance, and it's unfortunate we didn't. I know [LN] usually tries to make fights fun for both sides. They deserve the same.

Personally, a big part of the reason I logged in a Marduk was that A) I was the first to respond out of the K'Hara and a fighter (especially the Nomad ones, but I've stated that plenty of times now) wouldn't do much against 6 hostile ones and most importantly, B) Because I had literally nothing else in the Omicrons. Most of my ships are distributed between Drake, Omega-50-whatever and Chester. So, I grabbed a shared Marduk.

Oh, and I apologize for the passive-aggressive jabs here. The few posts here very quickly changed into a nasty tone from both sides. That's never productive.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Max Morse - 01-06-2014

As one of the people there, we actually had a lot of fun, so no problem Haste.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - McNeo - 01-06-2014

It was actually fun. Probably would've just flown away were it not.

I'm particularly looking forward to the RP fallout that flying through Kusari will result in.