Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide (/showthread.php?tid=126999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - DiscoveryGC Moderators - 03-05-2015

[Image: zJo86HT.png][Image: coxyV4M.png]

[Image: xPhRb58.png][Image: pRZv3q2.png]

Useful Download Help:

Want personalised help? Post in this thread. You'll get help very quickly.

1. Antivirus may show a false positive on the file CapitalClassFixes.dll. It is perfectly safe to continue.
2. You must only use the Discovery Freelancer launcher app. Type "Discovery" into Windows to find the launcher.
3. Don't select Freelancers folder (step 1) as destination when installing Discovery (step 2).
4. You won't be able to play the basic Freelancer game or campaign with these instructions.
5. Once the Discovery Freelancer launcher is installed, if you run into issues with launching game:
i. Try manually installing DirectPlay + .NET framework.
ii. Setup both Freelancer (step 1) + Discovery Freelancer (step 2) with Windows admin permissions.
iii. Ensure any virus protection software hasn't blocked or removed Discovery Freelancer files.

[Image: DZNovhg.png][Image: XSw1De8.png]

Useful Links:

- Discovery Rules
- Discovery Navigation Map
- Discovery Veteran Aid

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Alley - 03-05-2015

THIS THREAD WILL BE REGULARLY CLEANED OF SOLVED PROBLEMS
In order to be more efficent in helping out people with issues.

(03-05-2015, 04:08 AM)matster Wrote: need a little advice here... how do I uninstall/install properly?

In your start menu, there's a folder called Discovery Freelancer. There's an uninstaller in there. You can use this to remove your current 4.88 installation or simply manually delete the folder yourself. Your accounts will not be lost are they are stored in a different folder, which is My Documents/My Games/Discovery.

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Gondoros - 03-05-2015

After i installed the new update the game became unplayable. FPS fluctuates from 15 to 40, drops a lot whenever npcs/player ships, show up. Now I may have an old pc but still, before this update, FPS was between 70-130.
I even reinstalled windows and did a clean install , the problem persists.
What can i do?

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Alley - 03-05-2015

(03-05-2015, 09:28 PM)Gondoros Wrote: After i installed the new update the game became unplayable. FPS fluctuates from 15 to 40, drops a lot whenever npcs/player ships, show up. Now I may have an old pc but still, before this update, FPS was between 70-130.
What can i do?

Nothing changed in that aspect.
I suggest you check for background processes or try this dll: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=123675

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Error - 03-05-2015

(03-05-2015, 09:28 PM)Gondoros Wrote: After i installed the new update the game became unplayable. FPS fluctuates from 15 to 40, drops a lot whenever npcs/player ships, show up. Now I may have an old pc but still, before this update, FPS was between 70-130.
What can i do?
Did you choose to install the bloom mod with v4.88.1? If you weren't previously using the bloom mod on your v4.88.0 install, that could explain the drastic FPS drop you're experiencing with v4.88.1, as it requires more from your computer. You may see this thread for uninstall instructions if this is the case.

EDIT: Any luck, Lyth? I doubt that it's a firewall issue in that case, but I can't say that I have any better suggestions just yet.

EDIT2: Looks like a few more are having the same issue in the shoutbox, actually. Or at least something that leads to the same symptoms as you are seeing. Odd.

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Gondoros - 03-05-2015

(03-05-2015, 09:40 PM)Alley Wrote:
What can i do?

Nothing changed in that aspect.
I suggest you check for background processes or try this dll: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=123675

Checked the background processes, nothing is eating my resources, usage of cpu is like 20%, RAM like 50%.
Tried copying that dll but i get an error when launching disco from the launcher.

And i haven't installed the bloom either. Out of ideas Sad

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - SnakThree - 03-07-2015

(03-06-2015, 03:30 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I downloaded the new one, so I'm very confused.

Delete 4.88.1
Delete 4.88.0

Install 4.88.1 while choosing VANILA Freelancer folder.

Play the game via DSlauncher.

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Interceptor- - 03-15-2015

how do i do with my account....where to insert where....long time i've been missing to see this hi-tech @_@
back in my good old day we didn't have disc. launcher...help!?

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Connor - 03-15-2015

@Interceptor- It's pretty simple. I'll try and help you though it.

So, when you start up DSLauncher.exe, you get a window that opens which entitles you to many options. In the top left, you have 2 tabs. "Parameters" and "My Accounts". Click on the my accounts tab.

[Image: byVgSmp.png]

Then you'll get a new screen. This is where all of your accounts will be stored. You can import new accounts by using the option menu in the bottom left of the launcher:

[Image: t7VkHs0.png]

Or you can add new accounts from the option in the bottom right corner

[Image: JJW4hKz.png]

To activate an account, simply double click on the account you wish to activate. It's also good to have your accounts named and grouped like I have done in mine so that ships are easier to find on accounts. Remember, you can have 5 ships per account!

Hope this helped!

RE: Discovery 4.88.1 - Interceptor- - 03-15-2015

I understand that but how do i...import to say...my older account that i had?!
If i enter the game with new char i will start all over...that is the question Sad
And thank you for helping me...on beer from me Big Grin