Discovery Gaming Community
Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: RP Stories Feedback Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141840)

Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread - The Olympius - 08-05-2016

Feedback Thread

I am opening up this feedback thread to get feedback on my character story, that I am enjoying so far. This is the "Introduction" I have written up for her, but im sure it will change as the roleplay continues.

Introduction;
Rosalina Romanov was born on Planet Hamburg, Rheinland sector. She came from a poor but hard working family, and her father was killed at a young age. Her mother was a nurse on her home planet. Her father was a mercenary from Liberty who went to Rheinland and met Alana (Rosalina's) mother. Her father (Leon) became a Federal Police officer of Rheinland and was later shot down and killed by Nomads.

Not long after Rosalina went to university and studied forensic science where she later joined BDM and wanted to find and understand why her father was killed by these aliens. After a few years she was offered to become a pilot and a few years later joined The Core.

She joined The Core in hopeing they will be able to help her find out what she wanted to know but instead they used her as a weapon to kill innocent people on Freeport 11, shoot the Order and it was all due to greed and wanted to control the Omicrons. Rosalina later left the Core after working through the ranks and being promoted the same day she left. Her promotion was to rank Paladin but she was already in command of a warship known as The Olympius (Bullhead).

After leaving Core she started of by trying to amend things with organisations within the Omicron sector. Zoners, The Order mostly but not only them but groups that The Core and The Olympius have fired upon. From that moment she gets access to Freeport back in Omicron Theta to visit her mother. After visiting her mother she went back with the crew and the Olympius into Nomad Worlds and she came across a monstrosity the K'Hara Inanna Guardian. Who seeked revenge on the crew of the Olympius and Rosalina Romanov mostly. The Inanna Guardian wanted revenge for the fire she gave to the Guardian which later made it vanished and it came back bigger and stronger. Not only this but Olympius was heavily damaged and Rosalina Romanov was later captured.

As time goes on I will keep adding, stories, threads and communication threads for this character here so it is easier to access, people can have a read through.

I am willing to accept both negative, and positive feedback, but mostly I would prefer constructive and helpful feedback. I have never gone to this state before trying to roleplay character. I have done a attempt before which I feel has failed compared to this one.

[Rosalina Romanov and her story] ~ The main roleplay thread which will tell Rosalina's story.
[Profile Database: Rosalina Romanov] ~ Rosalina Romanov Profile Database
[The Olympius Ship Profile] ~ The Bullhead Battlecruiser Ship Database
[A patient of the H+ Clinic] ~ Body upgrade while a member of The Core|
[The Olympius Ghost Team] ~ Work in progress, but is the "Marines onboard the Olympius"

End Entry

RE: Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread - Backo - 08-05-2016

I'm not sure if you aimed for a Russian name or just liked Romanov, but generally in Slavic countries female last names end with an "a" so it should be Romanova if you were aiming for a slavic name. Just saying.

RE: Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread - The Olympius - 08-05-2016

:::[Thank you for the feedback @"Bloodl1ke" , with your question about the name. I actaully quiet liked the name how i've spelt it. I did double question myself about if it was spelt right. If I were to change it, it would be difficult now considering how much roleplay I have put into this character over the few months of her being present.]:::

RE: Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread - Sombs - 11-10-2018

(11-10-2018, 02:51 PM)The Olympius Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 02:46 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Well, I guess if he doesn't want to answer the question, ooRPly, then Nomads can't know whether an infectee is controlling the ship. Meaning Nomads can shoot him freely.

and i'm aware who players are on this server from an oorp perspective, and i've been metagamed multitimes by certain players, so I would rather them find out through RP then an ooRP perspective. i've been shot at by Nomads, Wild before, but it's those who actually RP with me instead of go "Oh look there is a Order let's just pew it"
So RP with everyone and not just a small group of friends and you will actually find things out.

You don't understand, Shaggy. If your ship was controlled by an infectee, Nomads would know. K'Hara and Aoi wouldn't engage it because they would know via mindshare that there is a quasi-nomad-controlled ship out there, and the Vagrants would know too since there would be a notable nomad entity on that ship. If you don't want to tell it ooRPly, people can't know whether it is actually infected and thus not a target or not. Since you're stubbornly to not answer it and provide transparency OORPLY, I have to assume you're an eligible target.

There is a notable difference between inRP knowledge and ooRP knowledge.

RE: Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread - The Olympius - 11-10-2018

(11-10-2018, 03:06 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 02:51 PM)The Olympius Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 02:46 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Well, I guess if he doesn't want to answer the question, ooRPly, then Nomads can't know whether an infectee is controlling the ship. Meaning Nomads can shoot him freely.

and i'm aware who players are on this server from an oorp perspective, and i've been metagamed multitimes by certain players, so I would rather them find out through RP then an ooRP perspective. i've been shot at by Nomads, Wild before, but it's those who actually RP with me instead of go "Oh look there is a Order let's just pew it"
So RP with everyone and not just a small group of friends and you will actually find things out.

You don't understand, Shaggy. If your ship was controlled by an infectee, Nomads would know. K'Hara and Aoi wouldn't engage it because they would know via mindshare that there is a quasi-nomad-controlled ship out there, and the Vagrants would know too since there would be a notable nomad entity on that ship. If you don't want to tell it ooRPly, people can't know whether it is actually infected and thus not a target or not. Since you're stubbornly to not answer it and provide transparency OORPLY, I have to assume you're an eligible target.

There is a notable difference between inRP knowledge and ooRP knowledge.

And if I am not mistaken. Everyone knows that "Rosalina Romanov" is infected. It's not something hidden. Commune are aware that she is infected. So are Das Wilde. Rosalina Romanov was approved through Das Wilde when they were first official and that is a start of how my SRP was approved in the first place.

There has been several encounters that my bullhead has helped and assisted Commune, Nomads and Wild players so it is not a hidden thing, it is known.

I have also sat there and RP'd with K'hara players talking inRP about the whole situation and my goal within the Order. I am not being stubborn, I would rather people find out inRP then ooRP, this is a RP server after all and the game we play is discovery.

If you wish to shoot me then shoot me, I will have to deal with it and figure my way out of a situation. Which is giving me a challenge inRP and helps me figure out what I have to do next.

RE: Rosalina Romanov - Feedback Thread - Sombs - 11-10-2018

I'll ignore your misunderstanding of what I wrote and simply take your answer. Thanks.