Discovery Gaming Community
Heavy Decision Anniversary - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Heavy Decision Anniversary (/showthread.php?tid=151471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Heavy Decision Anniversary - Antonio - 06-29-2017

It's been exactly 1 year since the infamous heavy decision. Let's have a moment of silence and take a look at what happened in the meantime.

- Out of the 6 people initially banned, all of them got unbanned at some point.
- 2 people got banned again and their ban still lasts today ( @Mephistoles and @Lythrilux).
- The first one to get unbanned and unprobated was @Impyness, and the last one is @Karst.
- @"Snoopy" and @Swifty have barely been seen since the heavy decision.

- Comparing the "heavy decision" admin team and current one, only 2 people remained - @Tunicle and @St.Denis.
- 2 admins got kicked for doing quite a bit of... bad things to say the least, such as abusing admin powers, pretending to be someone else, having a terrible attitude and so on.
- 2 admins left before being found out of doing the same.
- The 4 votes by those 4 admins counted as perfectly legitimate at the time and were a huge contributor to those people getting banned.
- Admins treated the situation poorly by instantly closing their feedback thread and any other threads made by community members for a few days (Luke's and Bob''s ones for example). Only later were those threads reopened.

- Community was vastly divided, with the most famous thread being dev team strike.
- Many people left, lost motivation or were wondering if they're next to get removed out of the blue.
- We had 2 times more people on teamspeak than ingame at peak hours that day.
- This was the first response from the admin team 2 weeks later. I'd like to slide in my reply to that as well which I still think was on point.

And yet here we are today. Now that the tensions are lower and a lot of things changed, especially the admin team structure, perhaps you (the community) would like to share your views on the whole chain of events looking from today's date.

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - Emperor Tekagi - 06-29-2017

Things changed, people finally calmed down, Disco is still alive and will be for quite a long time, I think.
I still never understood how Meph was seen as truly harmful though..

Today would be the perfect day for Heavy Decision 2.0 as mean as it would be...

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - Neonzumi - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 01:48 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: Today would be the perfect day for Heavy Decision 2.0 as mean as it would be...

Don't jinx me please.

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - Karst - 06-29-2017

I think a lot of people had optimistically hoped that with the changing of the guard, procedures would change and a new era of admin accountability and reasonable decision making, and that we would not need to address this a year later because it was all long gone and forgotten.

Unfortunately this did not turn out to be the case; Lyth and Meph were perm'd on the shakiest of grounds as a direct long-term consequence of the heavy decision. I myself had to wait almost the full length of the ban and then a full-length probation, even though everyone knew my ban was based on, dare I say, oorp hatred and had no basis whatsoever in the rules of the forums and server and openly violated the laughable "clean slate" policy they had allegedly instituted just before, just like the other five did.

To this day, we've received no apology, no acknowledgement whatsoever that this was a mistake, indeed, the opposite has been the case.
With the admin team now looking to create a safe space moderated OFL chat under their control, I think it's fair to readdress this.

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - sasapinjic - 06-29-2017

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - sindroms - 06-29-2017

Let me risk my amazing admin integrity here and hazard a guess that perhaps the split in the community and subsequent decline in the population had to do with things other than the banning a few individuals, justified or no.

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - St.Denis - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 02:22 PM)Karst Wrote: With the admin team now looking to create a safe space moderated OFL chat under their control, I think it's fair to readdress this.

There is nothing forcing you to say anything in it.

Also, there is nothing stopping you keeping the 'nice, friendly environment' you already have, where you can, if you want, act in anyway that you want, with whomever you want.

The new one will be controlled in a way that the less vocal OFLs can feel feel less intimidated.

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - sindroms - 06-29-2017

The reason why the new OFL chat exists is to not mix adminship/OFL interactions in a spamchat with a professional environment.

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - nOmnomnOm - 06-29-2017

What is the point of an OFL chat? What do you gain from it? I'd rather PM people that I need to speak to.
Why would I be opening discussing something with someone else with others free to watch and potentially get in the way of.

RE: Heavy Decision "Anniversary" - St.Denis - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 02:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: What is the point of an OFL chat? What do you gain from it? I'd rather PM people that I need to speak to.
Why would I be opening discussing something with someone else with others free to watch and potentially get in the way of.

And how do the Admins go about discussing something with the OFLs, pm each one?

In the present one, a question and any responses would get lost in all the clutter of irrelevant chatter.