Discovery Gaming Community
Capital Ship Turrets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Capital Ship Turrets (/showthread.php?tid=1564)

Pages: 1 2

Capital Ship Turrets - DarkOddity - 09-06-2006

Ok I know the Tizona Turrets, Mars Flyer turrets and fighter class turrets are frowned upon for equipping on a battleship, however I wanted to get peoples opinions on using transport turrets on a capital ship...

Weapon Stats:

Transport Turret Level 4
Hull Damage Per Shot: 400
Shield Damage Per Shot: 200
Range: 1099m
Speed: 1222ms
Drain: 260
Max Damage Per Second: 800 Hull, 400 Shield
Max Drain Per Second: 520

Compared to (The Weapons I want to replace with them):

Corsair Cruiser Turret
Hull Damage Per Shot: 120
Shield Damage Per Shot: 60
Range: 1222m
Speed: 1222ms
Drain: 1800
Max Damage Per Second: 999.6 Hull, 499.8 Shield
Max Drain Per Second: 14,994

I made the comparison to the cruiser turret because they are the weapons I currently have equipped and am looking to replace.

Why I think it would be OK to use:
They are designed for larger ships
Their physical size is roughly that of a battleship turret.
Slower refire makes them less effective vs fighters than corsair turrets
Lower Hull Value on weapons means 1-2 flak/torpedo/AOE* shots will blow them off

What I would like from everyone else:
Do you think this would be appropriate for:
A Battleship & Why
A Cruiser & Why

I am making this post to get an opinion on balance so I'm not the one who "unbalances" the server.

Opinions please. Thanks.

EDIT:
Added reason why I think it would be OK to use.
* AOE = Area Of Effect

Capital Ship Turrets - Dab - 09-06-2006

Oddity..

you didn't factor in refire rates. Transport is 2.00 Corsair Cruiser is 8.33 BIG difference.

Capital Ship Turrets - DarkOddity - 09-06-2006

Dab,Sep 6 2006, 03:01 PM Wrote:Oddity..

you didn't factor in refire rates. Transport is 2.00 Corsair Cruiser is 8.33 BIG difference.
[snapback]34804[/snapback]

I factored in refire rates for situations such as cap ship vs cap ship. and the yellow comment for why I think it would be OK is above.

also: What is your opinion on the matter? Do you think it would be OK to use this weapon on a cap ship?

Capital Ship Turrets - Dab - 09-06-2006

No, I don't think it should be used in a Battleship. the transport turrets should be used on transports/trains. I think cruiser turrets should be used on CRUISERS.

Capital Ship Turrets - Nightfall - 09-06-2006

DO, which part of Transport you don't understand???

Capital Ship Turrets - Kane - 09-07-2006

More to the point, the cruiser turrets are far more effective. So you get more shots with the transport turrets; big deal. You do a lot more damage in the same ammount of time with actual cruiser turrets. Your going to run out of energy with just about every decent weapons configuration on any ship (Unless you're a fighter and use as many Nomad guns as you can... Then you don't have to worry). The point is to do maximum damage in as short a time as possible.

Again, nobody can stop you from doing it. Just don't be suprized when another cruiser with real cruiser turrets utterly destroies you.

Capital Ship Turrets - DarkOddity - 09-07-2006

Kane,Sep 6 2006, 05:37 PM Wrote:<snip.. lol>Just don't be suprized when another cruiser with real cruiser turrets utterly destroies you.
[snapback]34834[/snapback]

I guess based on that comment it should be OK.

Dab Wrote:No, I don't think it should be used in a Battleship. the transport turrets should be used on transports/trains. I think cruiser turrets should be used on CRUISERS.
[snapback]34834[/snapback]
So what about the people in cruisers using BS Turrets (Which IMO doesn't make any sense at all..) Are they unbalancing the game aswell? Honest question not trying to start anything.

On a side note, my main reason for equipping turrets like this is for use versus NPC's, I *almost* never fire my extra turrets when fighting a capital ship. Wasting energy with minor turrets reduces the overall damage I can inflict with Infernos & Battle Razors, which like I mentioned before are almost the only weapons I use in a cap ship vs cap ship fight.

Capital Ship Turrets - McNeo - 09-07-2006

i thought it would b ok but o well.

i think that you should use the bretonia destroyer tertiary turrets. they are better than transport turrets 855 dmg per shot (refire 2.00) I THINK and only use 12000 energy a shot. considering ur in a bs this should b fine for anti fighter defence. or just use cruiser missiles. theyre good enough on a small bs IMO.

anyway transport turrets sound weird on NPC transports :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Capital Ship Turrets - Nightfall - 09-07-2006

Both of you (DO and McNeo) seem to have a problem with understanding plain english. Let me ask again.

Which part of 'Transport turret' or 'Cruiser turret/missile' is not clear?

I'll try explaining:
'Transport' mount on TRANSPORT,
'Cruiser' means it should be mounted on a CRUISER,
'Gunboat' means mount on a GUNBOAT,
'Battleship' put it on a BATTLESHIP.

I guess I must be a moronic idiot for understanding the way equipment should go this way. I can't see why would Igiss make 3 types of the same turret with different stats... What do you think? Gunboat, Cruiser, Battleship??? Hmm?

Capital Ship Turrets - Lightfoot - 09-07-2006

Thanks for pointing out the *Fnords*, Night.

"You can lead a horse to water....."