Discovery Gaming Community
Sci-Data killing the economy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Sci-Data killing the economy (/showthread.php?tid=162289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Shiki - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 04:22 PM)Altejago Wrote: Can I ask, how does the sci data situation affect you personally, shiki?

Yes.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Altejago - 06-25-2018

Ok...

How does the sci data situation affect you personally?

Negatively.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Laz - 06-25-2018

I miss the DROPS event that Alley did. Was a perfect example of how to balance economy with events. Above avg earnings, you had to dodge the frequent Core patrols and the entire of Delta/surrounding systems became battle grounds for the duration of the event. There were active Order, Zoners, Core, and factions from all over Sirius delivering this commodity, with even a temp sell point for Core added so stolen packages were actually worth something.

That is how events should be done imo.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Jessitrescott - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:45 PM)Auzari Wrote: You can still win with skill.

do you even kinetics bro ?

people here arguing that cap code guns dont give you an advantage. kek, dont even start.

(06-25-2018, 02:49 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: 2. CAUX ruining PvP
--- > People have been able to win fights using CAU6 ships against CAU8 ships.

Who would have thought.

xD

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Altejago - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 04:44 PM)Sicicega Wrote: Negatively.

Please elaborate with details on the negative effects it has against your personal playing experience here.

(06-25-2018, 04:50 PM)Altejago Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 04:44 PM)Sicicega Wrote: Negatively.

Please elaborate with details on the negative effects it has against your personal playing experience here.

I am afraid there's too many questions were coming up recently, maybe next time.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Kazinsal - 06-25-2018

Sci-data only costs 4-5m apiece because that's what players value it at. It's not a money sink at all because credits have to be created and traded between players for it, so it's really more of a fluctuating value currency storage mechanism than anything.

What brings this up anyways?

The system sucks but at least it sucks internally consistently.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Antonio - 06-25-2018

Sci data is not injecting cash into the economy, but it's not a moneysink either while it should be. It's a trade currency just like cash and doesn't affect the amount of cash in the economy.

Make sci data rewards untradeable by locking the ship that gets the reward permanently. No unmounting or giving to another ship as well as no selling the ship to other players. That's a moneysink. I'm sure we can create a shiplock that prevents you from setting the movechar password which is the only physical limitation for this to work. Otherwise I can always take my guns and sell them to get the money back and keep the money in the economy. The original intent was a very expensive commodity for shiny toys that'd be a moneysink, right now it isn't.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Felipe - 06-26-2018

(06-25-2018, 04:42 PM)Altejago Wrote: Ok...

How does the sci data situation affect you personally?
Excuse, wasnt directed to me but...

I need answer this:

It affects me in many manners:
-As miner/trader i feel quite unfair needing trade entire days to earn same that Shiki earn in an hour pressing b (and no Alte, i dont enjoy endless hours of boring hauling)
-As Mining/trading faction co-leader: i see activity going down as ppl eaned bilions in minutes, and dont need trade for next 6 months.
-As Law enforcer i see less traders (and with em less pirates) roaming around.
-As Law Enforcement faction Leader: considering above is harder to find smt to shoot at (altho lately cant comply that much: RHA coming to visit *BUT* to pew, not after traders. So they not after cash, they after pew / fun)

And finally: as member of community i am concerned and worried with anything that instead bringing more activity, make it lower (if we have less ppl trading, we have less pirates, less lawfuls etc)

I care lil for its cost to me personally, i can afford the amount i want. But by all the reasons ive mentioned above, Scidata should be sold in various locations around for the price some admins says they boght it.

I saw ppl saying they bought like 2k data for 2.5M or 3M /unit

While we all see everyday on forums lowest rpice as 5m/unit

Smaller rewards on events and put sci-data to be sold at each house for 2m/unit, then it surely will drop price, and all the mess is solved?