Discovery Gaming Community
[Community Event] Project Nauru - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: [Community Event] Project Nauru (/showthread.php?tid=166176)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [Community Event] Project Nauru - Tenacity - 12-20-2018

Incoming Transmission

Source: Shuttlecraft Artemis
Comm ID: Dr. Eva Strauss
Encryption: APM Standard

Establishing Feed

Ms. Gridley, I greatly appreciate you and your crew's contributions to this project. We have known for some time, based on artifacts and equipment found in this and other excavation sites on Nauru, that they were exceptionally experienced with various forms of Antimatter-Based technology, but this does appear to be the first reference we've seen to a purpose-built weapon. They do, as you say, seem to have been a pacifist society with no infighting or war, so this is a remarkable turn of events in their history. Please, continue the translations if you have time, we encourage others to do the same.

END TRANSMISSION

[Image: YIzA476.png]

RE: [Community Event] Project Nauru - TLI-Inferno - 12-20-2018

Incoming Transmission
Source:
ENCRYPTED
Establishing Feed

END TRANSMISSION

RE: [Community Event] Project Nauru - R.P.Curator - 12-20-2018

Hello Dr. Strauss.
This is the translation for file 6.
Sincerely,
A. Gaunt

""We die.
There is nothing we do, but die.
Our legacy, our people, will be gone within the month.

What have we done?
How has our civilization come to this bitter end? Everything has been for naught?
We die. ""

[Image: N0RN5Ty.png]

RE: [Community Event] Project Nauru - Kiny0 - 12-20-2018

== Incoming transmission ==

[Image: Boone.png]

To : Dr Eva Strauss.
Subject : Re : Project Nauru.
Source : Freeport 11, Omicron Delta

Dr Strauss,

Here is our work on the next file on the list.

My findings prove that your conjectures on their anti-matter expertise to be right. Indeed, their technology seems to be based on this very form of power. Again, the conflict between the Naurians and the "creatures" probably started over the rich presence of Iridium in the crust of their planet. Our civilization probably is millennia older than these two species, and yet not so different, don't you think ?

But I digress. Either way, they were rather confident about the capabilities of their super-weapon. Something feels a bit off in file #004. If they knew that their weapon would blast anything in their sky, why would they have opened fire while one of their vessels were in orbit as well, and be ravaged at the loss of said ship ?

What's shacking me is that in file #002, the Naurians claim that "For the first time in the history of our species, we have reason to look up, to the skies". Maybe me and my colleague misinterpreted this sentence, but we don't think the Naurians had any star ships at all. "For the first time in the history of our species, we have reason to look up, to the skies". This feels like they were waiting for someone or something to come to their world, but not actively seeking this someone.

This is why I don't believe "Aela" to be one of their ships. Perhaps it was a celestial body, a comet, maybe. But it represented some sort of spiritual being for the Naurians. I think they went on with the firing procedure, and this "Aela" came right as the procedure ended and they could not abort it, hence why they deem the weapon test a mistake in file #004.

Also, The choice of words is important here. They specifically use the word mistake. Not failure. A failure would imply that the test was not successful, but it indeed was. Their use of mistake here shows a judgement on their own actions. We believe they felt guilty to have built such a weapon, and they think they are punished for it by destroying "Aela".
Then again, this is only speculation, and we might discover more about this "Alea" in another archive.

Elicia Gridley out.

== End-Of-Transmission ==

RE: [Community Event] Project Nauru - Kiny0 - 12-26-2018

Dr Strauss,

The recent events concerning the anomaly in Omicron Delta gave us a lot of data to analyse for the weeks to come. I, however, have found some time to spare and got my teeth on the eighth file. I came up with this translation.

To my disapointement, it did not contain many information about the whole situation. It is rather an expression of remorse in front of the "inevitable situation" their people suffered.
We will keep you updated on any further progress on the nineth file.

Elicia Gridley out.

RE: [Community Event] Project Nauru - Kiny0 - 12-26-2018

Dr Strauss,

Here we are, the last two files. In the last one we have one further mention of Aela. I still have no idea about what it could be however. My theory about it being a comet doesn't seem to hold true here.
A shame there are no more public artifacts of their people available. I'm sure the history of the Naurians holds many mysteries. Their civilization does not seem to differ particularly from ours, so maybe we could learn from them. I am no sociologist, but even I can see the potential findings one could uncover from such a people.

Either way, this was a pleasure working with you on this project. Feel free to contact us for anything, we'd be glad to help once more aboard the Boone.

Elicia Gridley out.

RE: [Community Event] Project Nauru - Tenacity - 12-27-2018

Incoming Transmission

Source: Shuttlecraft Artemis
Comm ID: Dr. Eva Strauss

Establishing Feed

Amazing work, everyone! With these translations, and a few others handled by my expeditionary teams, we're really starting to put together the history of Nauru and its people. This will have widespread consequences for all of Sirius. All of you have been credited for your work on this project, and will be notated in my final thesis paper.

END TRANSMISSION

[Image: YIzA476.png]