Discovery Gaming Community
Staff Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: Staff Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=168272)

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Banned player t202085 - 07-23-2019

(07-23-2019, 03:05 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 03:02 PM)Silverlight Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 02:29 PM)Loken Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 02:22 PM)Silverlight Wrote: 2 weeks and the staff still don't give a *****

13.07.2019, 04:12 pm

As if 10 days wasn't bad enough

(07-13-2019, 08:58 PM)Silverlight Wrote: Super disappointed that BD| are official makes me feel like a total failure, but also super happy for the guys in faction they tried and do deserve it. You did something on your first try that I tried to do for 1.5 years and couldn't so that'll be why my ego is brusied. Like I said I am super happy for you but this marks my last discovery post I know I agreed to help you with the faction Slappy but the fact that you made it ofl without my interference is proof enough that you are good enough to not need it.

Have Fun guys you do deserve it.

???

Nice derailing buddie but i was referring to RP in that post my account closes on the 27th anyway now if we could address the actual feedback that'd be fan fucking tastic

(07-10-2019, 03:53 PM)Silverlight Wrote:
This sanction is another prime example showing how much of a disorganised rabble the staff have been recently. I have a short list of things that are wrong with this sanction and I'll be reaming them off in no particular order as each is just as shoddy as the last.

1. Game Masters should not have the ability to magic new rules into existence:
Nightowl has been sanctioned for "Tampering with Evidence, Vexatious Litigation" not only does this rule not exist, it has never existed. Rules can be checked here https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334
1a: I would say that filing false reports would fall under the Game Masters responsibility to safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community. Which is a listed as the very first GM responsibility within the rules page, I would strongly advise reclassifying the sanction to reflect this as allowing GMs to just write whatever takes their fancy as a sanction reason sets a dangerous precedent.

2. Staff should be able to provide evidence the moment it is requested:
Evidence has been requested 3 times over 20 days, I would hope that it would be self-explanatory as to why that’s not okay but my current understanding is that I probably need to explain that as well.
2a: It's far too late to fix this in this scenario but going forward staff should have enough evidence to be able to provide evidence before they sanction someone. If you don't have enough evidence to provide evidence then you don’t have enough evidence to provide reliable sanctions.

3."Evidence will be provided as soon as possible." - Which loosely translates to Hurry up and wait:
This is just bad practice and not as extremely poor as the previous 2 points but using words like "soon" or "at some point in the near future" really don't add anything to the conversation and you may as well have just not said anything. This will put the person waiting on edge as they won't know when to expect an answer and it also completely relives you of a deadline.
3a: Think about how long it will take you to get the information you need, then add a week on it if you have too. At least this way the person waiting will get a date and you will get a deadline to stick too and hopefully if you have had to add a week on you'll be able to respond quicker than they expected anyway.

I’d also like to add an apology to Nightowl as I haven’t asked permission to interfere with his sanction, I’m not really concerned about this one case and I am trying to attack the staff processes directly to demand an overall improvement in their efficiency, accuracy and speed.

This please.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Karlotta - 07-23-2019

Some people here seriously need to ditch the "I had it bad 5 years ago so future generations should have it just as bad" and "other people got away with stuff 5 years ago so I should get away with the same stuff in future" mindsets. There is no progress without change.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Karlotta - 07-23-2019

(the previous post was directed at something that Snak3 recently quotes, but silverlight managed to ninja me 2 times with unrelated things)

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - SnakThree - 07-23-2019

In case of no-edited-evidence:

https://i.imgur.com/EWkhjcB.png

(07-23-2019, 03:17 PM)SnakThree Wrote: In case of no-edited-evidence:

I have attached evidence in my original post. But kudos on derailing again you're a real pro

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Nightowl - 07-23-2019

Sorry for this post, but many of the last posta are so fare away from being objectivity, i can hold it.

{Know-it-all-mode on}
(07-23-2019, 03:17 PM)SnakThree Wrote: In case of no-edited-evidence:

Sorry, this is not part of the Server-Rules.
{Know-it-all-mode off}

Joking aside.

To my Sanction:
Yes, there was at least one GM not on her/his best day. Mistakes like that should not happen, but happens. We are all humans, and so we all make mistakes.
St.Denis apologise for the Team and now this is over for me. I won't think About that again; i have more important things to do.

To other things:
I would say, the Team has a few new members since some days. They can't clean all mistakes that happens before in one day (and not in a week). Give them time and if there are open Question, just ask again.
Things can happen, becouse we are all humans.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - St.Denis - 07-23-2019

Please take personal arguments to another form of communication and not this Thread.

Silver light, I have corrected the original mistake, 10 days ago, apologised and returned the person’s equipment and money.

I have no idea, at the moment, what point you are trying to make (I am at work and on the phone), but please feel free to pm me and I will respond this evening when I get back to my Hotel.

(07-23-2019, 03:11 PM)Silverlight Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 03:53 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [spoiler]
I’m not really concerned about this one case and I am trying to attack the staff processes directly to demand an overall improvement in their efficiency, accuracy and speed.

This please.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Durandal - 07-23-2019

So there are two primary things which contributed to the situation we found ourselves in several weeks ago where everything came to a grinding halt, and they are as follows:

- A distinct lack of active GMs. This is a problem that we have already taken steps to correct, and hope to improve upon even more in the future.
- A lackluster framework for interaction between the community and the staff. I've already done quite a bit of brainstorming in this regard, and there are several pieces of documentation which I believe would seriously help the community better interface with us. This is a pretty monumental undertaking and I would not expect sweeping reforms overnight. It's likely things which will need to be rolled out piecemeal, such as a refined code of conduct, roleplay canonization requests, a comprehensive documentation of the current staff hierarchy, a mission statement clearly outlining Discovery's intended purpose, as well as several other frameworks.

While those latter pieces of documentation may not seem terribly relevant to your current complaints, they have the potential to greatly ease staff workload in other areas, allowing us to better address concerns of all types, rather than getting backlogged on one or two issues.

We know things are not in the best state right now, but we have already taken clear and tangible steps towards resolving our current predicament, so I'd like to call for patience here. There is little point in attacking a GM team which was very inactive and has already been supplemented by two experienced and active team members.