Discovery Gaming Community
To: DHC | From: RS - Modified Colossus - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: DHC | From: RS - Modified Colossus (/showthread.php?tid=171149)

To: DHC | From: RS - Modified Colossus - Republican.Shipping - 06-04-2019

[Image: ncGCnwM.png]
[Image: DvVBWSTm.jpg]

::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]::
SOURCE: New Berlin
ENCRYPTION:RS-XD-9301
REPUBLICAN SHIPPING SIGNAL IDENTIFIED......

ID: NIKLAS MAYER
SUBJECT: Modified Colossus

Guten tag Herr Mannlicher

As you are aware, Lubeck Trade Center was destroyed a while back in Sigma-21. Our attempts to re-establish it has failed. Not only by GMG attacking it, but also due to pirates in Sigma-15.

Unfortunately when Lubeck was destroyed, the crew aboard inadvertently landed on Saigon instead of setting their escape pods to open space where the Rheinwehr could pick them up. We had a security detail out that side and luckily remained undetected. They dropped off supplies for 3 months.

We would like to work with DHC to modify 2 of our Colossus. We would like to convert the inside of the cargo holds into Offices, a war room type of style, and have a space to manufacture what we may need on the ground. Can this be done and any idea of a timeline?

We have gone undetected for some time now, and would like to take advantage of the situation. As Saigon is a highly contested planet, everyone wants to have a piece of it. We are willingly to go into partnership with you, our allies, for the benefit of Rheinland. We have big plans and we need only certain parts of Saigon for the betterment of Rheinland. The rest of the Planet, Rheinland can do what it wants with it.

Please get back to me ASAP.

Regards
Niklas Mayer

TRANSMISSION ENDED

RE: To: DHC | From: RS - Modified Colossus - Bannorn - 07-03-2019

[Image: ojZAaoh.png]

Source: < Erwin Mannlicher| Daumann Heavy Construction >
Relay: New Berlin, Main Relay
Encryption: AgeiraSec II
Access: RECIPIENT | DHC Executive Board

Sehr Geehrter Herr Mayer,

I am pleased to be able to report that we have been able to meet, and I believe even exceed, your requested specificiations. Our design and construction teams report the completion of the two (2) primary vessels of the class "Colossus - Custom (Modified)", with 2 further reserve hulls laid down at the rented facility space at Alster.

I note that my teams report settling into their positions at the Alster Extension Module very well, and have acclimatized satisfactorily to the construction environment. I believe this bodes well for our future joint projects, in special reference to our rental agreement.

During the design process, a number of alternatives based on your specificiations were considered. Included amongst such designs were mission specific systems; however in favor of mission-adaptability, and to permit the operation of single units in a stand-alone capacity for extended periods of time, we opted for a single-vessel design which comprises all key functions satisfactorily.

In accordance with your initial request, each vessel is a self-contained operations center, living quarter and forward operating base in one. I include the specifications of these vessels, based on the completed Final Construction documents of the two (2) constructed models alread completed.

We have completed the construction of both vessels you wished to procure, using the two (2) ships you provided as structural bases for the total conversion. The total unit cost per vessel has been calculated at SC 250,000,000; we are able to transfer the vessels to your authority at any time following the receipt of payment, which may be made to Bank|DHC.

Projekt: Colossus Umbau
RS Colossus Project 828-13

Technical Specifications
Armament Hardpoints: 2
Hull Rating: 130,000
Max Impulse Speed: 90 m/s (89)
Max Thrust Speed: 150 m/s (149)
Power Output: 60,000 u.
Secondary Atmospheric Generators: 4 x 50,000 u.
Power Recharge: 5000 u/s
Unit Price: 250,000,000

Custom Specifications:
  • 3 x Primary Office Areas
  • 2 x Bay Style Housing Areas
  • 2 x additional Engineering bays, housing:
    - 4 x additional reactors
    - Life Support Systems for Modified Hull
    - 2 x Mobile Solar Arrays
  • 1 x Primary Operations Control Center with attached Command Bay
  • 1 x Large Manufacturing Workshop laid along the keel of the vessel
  • 1 x General Purpose Cargo Bay in rear section
  • 1 x Armory & Landing Facilities Bay Housing:
    - 1 x Armory (including 1 x Structurally Integrated Safe-Net Container(s))
    - 2 x Docking Arrays / Decompression Exits
    - 1 x General Preparation and Storage Area

Notes:
  • Extensive modifications made to both the secondary and primary hulls of the ship, including full rebuild of the cargo-pod section into a structucal and fully pressurized section.
  • Layout: The heavy space requirement of the Workshop module necessitated the design be built around it as a key component. Therefore the workshop module is a single long bay that reaches along the center keel of the vessel. The rear area and holding clamps have been replaced with an integrated storage and preparation bay, which includes two decompression chambers for atmospheric disembarkation. The main pod structure has been rebuilt so as to allow the use of standard format Hull Segments to create a pressurized hull using the pre-existing carrying structure. This main hull is flanked on either side by long housing facilities, leading into the rear utility space and forward office areas respectively. The office areas are mounted forward and on the 'second' tier deck, linking to the forward Operations Center mounted along the center keel beneath the engine wash.
  • Due to the modifications in the rear aft quarter of the ship, the design team found it necessary to remove the third rear-facing weapon hardpoint. Due to the purpose of this vessel, it is deemed superflous to design-requirements.
  • Due to the extreme space restrictions of the module Engineering facilities, the four (4) generators aboard are unable to safely operate during extra-orbital flight at impulse or cruise speeds. The design team has therefore opten for four (4) 'RLX' Series 5 'atmospheric' generators, providing 50,000 U. each at peak capacity, providing sufficient Oxygination.
  • In addition to crew facilities aboard the Colossus' normal command module (which remain unchanged), the on-board Housing Areas, comprised of 2 long side bays arranged laterally either side of the primary workshop module, are able to house an additional 250 personnel each under normal conditions planet-side. We caution, however, that due to the adapted nature of the vessels' gravitic field, under cruise conditions these bays should not exceed an operating population of 100 personnel.
  • Due to the major modifications required, further orders will require a lead time of 3-Neu Berlin Lunar Months to complete, in addition to any delays associated with delivery of vessels for modifications, and forces beyond Daumann Heavy Construction's Control. The unit price has been calculated at SC 250,000,000.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

『Erwin Mannlicher
E. Mannlicher
『Daumann Heavy Construction
『Betriebsleiter

RE: To: DHC | From: RS - Modified Colossus - Republican.Shipping - 07-16-2019

[Image: ncGCnwM.png]
[Image: DvVBWSTm.jpg]

::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]::
SOURCE: New Berlin
ENCRYPTION:RS-XD-9301
REPUBLICAN SHIPPING SIGNAL IDENTIFIED......

ID: NIKLAS MAYER
SUBJECT: Modified Colossus

Guten tag Herr Mannlicher,

I didn’t expect both to be ready right away. I will be making payment for one of them as requested, the payment of the second one will be made shortly once we assess the landing and deployment of the first.

The crew on Saigon are happy to hear news that supplies is coming as well as a vessel to be used as a new HQ planet side. They haven’t done surveillance of where they are at, as they don’t have the normal equipment that they have. But they have been demarcating land for usage in a primitive manner by using stones to illustrate boundaries. Im going to send a Land Surveyor with this new crew so that he can identify suitable areas close to where we are now. That way, we can get some sort of infrastructure going, and to start setting up permanent structures. This is going to be a tough task ahead but we will make it work. We will be setting up a map of the local area as well.

If it looks positive, I will be sending convoys to Saigon to start mass construction. Starting off with the basics, housing, medical facilities, barracks for the nearby Rheinwehr units, and a farm. Would you like to join me on this new venture? It will take resources, and it wont be easy. We will need to send construction equipment, tools, mining equipment, explosives for blasting and building plans just to get moving forward.

As far as im aware, the Bundestag doesn’t even know that Republican Shipping has made landfall. Unless the Rheinwehr command was informed and they told them. I would prefer being semi established before they are informed.

Regards

TRANSMISSION ENDED

RE: To: DHC | From: RS - Modified Colossus - Bannorn - 07-25-2019

[Image: ojZAaoh.png]

Source: < Erwin Mannlicher| Daumann Heavy Construction >
Relay: New Berlin, Main Relay
Encryption: AgeiraSec II
Access: N. Mayer; RS Executive Board| DHC Executive Board

Sehr Geehrter Herr Mayer,

Let it never be said that Daumann does not work efficiently, mein freund. I am pleased to have been able to be of expedient use in this matter - fortunately the task you set us, while unusual, proved very achievable using and re-using existing components. In passing, the chief engineer of the team that did the conversions noted recently that they had done some preliminary work on a more purpose-built design, should we wish to pursue such a thing in the future. I request that once you have completed payment you attach the necessary paperwork to this communique for our paperwork.

In regard to Saigon, I should not be surprised at the scope of your plans, I - and of course Daumann, are most interested. In the immediate short term I can provide you with some of the technical equipment for undertaking a more advanced planetary survey, along with the requested materials - construction machinery, tools, equipment, mining equipment, and so on.

I understand your desire for discretion in regard to the government - though I would caution that given the strong presence of the Rheinwehr on the ground, we should proceed most carefully. Once a more formal arrangement is possible, we will be able to undertake the necessary large scale constructions necessary.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

『Erwin Mannlicher
E. Mannlicher
『Daumann Heavy Construction
『Betriebsleiter