Discovery Gaming Community
Returning player just saying hi - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Returning player just saying hi (/showthread.php?tid=171870)

Returning player just saying hi - DorkwadJones - 07-10-2019

Hello,

I played on Discovery back in 2009-2010. I have been missing the wonderful universe of Freelancer, so after replaying the original Campaign I decided to visit Discovery again. I posted a brief bio for my new character (in the biographies forum its called First Flight), that character is a Freelancer aspiring to maybe join the zoners, eventually. He’s an anarchist anthropologist with a good heart, justs wants to explore the universe and make friends.. I want to explore the wonderful world of Discovery a bit before I settle down and get entrenched in a faction. I’m a working Dad with 2 kids so my playtime is limited, and I want to get a feel for the state of affairs in Sirius, since I’ve been gone for so long (Gallia was new when I played last!). I’ve become a lot more interested in RP since I was here last. My adventures in Sirius led me to play D&D and have run 3 table campaigns as GM. I’m excited to be back. Feel free to say hi, ask me questions about whatever. See you out there, safe travels.

RE: Returning player just saying hi - Anatoly Porchenkov - 07-10-2019

Welcome back friend you should check for return player section here and hope you didn't forget the rules

RE: Returning player just saying hi - Couden - 07-10-2019

sup

RE: Returning player just saying hi - The Gen'an Chrysanthemums - 07-10-2019

Hello

RE: Returning player just saying hi - Immortality23 - 07-10-2019

Welcome back, friend! A lot has changed since you last played.
If you're looking at anything to do with Zoners, there's a lot to chose from these days. IRG, OSI, TAZ, Velvet and various other factions.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your name when you used to play?

RE: Returning player just saying hi - Zoners of Galileo - 07-10-2019

Maybe think about joining us

No strings attached flexible hours and no real pressure to be on all the time

Oh and good luck whatever you decide

RE: Returning player just saying hi - SlappyTheRoach - 07-11-2019

Welcome back mate. Have fun and good luck out there pilot

RE: Returning player just saying hi - DorkwadJones - 07-11-2019

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to be back.

I don't remember the names I used when I used to play, just that I had a BMM miner, a freelancer trader, and was briefly part of a now defunct Bretonian military offshoot (this was when Leeds was contested with Kusari).

RE: Returning player just saying hi - SlappyTheRoach - 07-11-2019

(07-11-2019, 05:14 AM)DorkwadJones Wrote: Thanks everyone, I'm excited to be back.

I don't remember the names I used when I used to play, just that I had a BMM miner, a freelancer trader, and was briefly part of a now defunct Bretonian military offshoot (this was when Leeds was contested with Kusari).

Same here I don't know anyone that I used to play with anymore if they still play. Always good to met new players though

RE: Returning player just saying hi - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-11-2019

(07-11-2019, 05:14 AM)DorkwadJones Wrote: Thanks everyone, I'm excited to be back.

Welcome back to disco. I highly advise reading up on the ingame commodity "History of Sirius" so you can get a quick brief of what has happened since around 815-816 AS.