Discovery Gaming Community
Level 16 and less NPCs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Level 16 and less NPCs (/showthread.php?tid=172220)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Level 16 and less NPC - pillow - 07-28-2019

Honestly with how few people the game has these days I wouldn't be upset at all if NPCs would come back full force with the exception of infinite snac bombers or some crazy stuff like that. Or at least have them in dangerous places or battlegrounds like the Hammen Hole in Omega 5 or whatever. But then again, NPCs cripple server stability, so good luck trying to do anything with them at all.

Ideally I'd prolly just have a billion NPCs with tiny shields and hp amounts that can't hurt players but can hurt other NPCs. Flying past a huge fight of NPCs would look pretty cool but again, server stability. Rip.

(07-27-2019, 10:17 PM)Invoker Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 02:05 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: in practise, it just hurts interactions (and encourages hugging).

Then there must be zones specially dedicated for PvE, where you can see large cap fleets constantly fighting and you may participate.

Actually I remember a system called New Hampshire which got removed; it was basically one side Rheinland and another Liberty, during the Liberty-Rheinland war. A system like that (which would be entirely out of the way and a dead end or something) could be pretty neat. A system where NPC patrol paths of different enemy factions clash all the time could be cool, with each NPC in those squads having a couple 1.000.000 credit cards, or code guns. Could make both snub patrols and cap patrols of varying number as long as the server wouldn't die as soon as a player snacs an NPC. |:

Maybe Omicron Zeta could return with this purpose only, where Nomad, Order and Core patrols clash all the time? Could do the same with old Omicron Eta for Outcasts and Corsairs.

RE: Level 16 and less NPC - Reddy - 07-28-2019

a little pve content while your waiting for action to begin is nice, stronger npcs in certain areas won't be the end of the world

RE: Level 16 and less NPC - Redcroft - 07-28-2019

(07-28-2019, 06:23 AM)Reddy Wrote: a little pve content while your waiting for action to begin is nice, stronger npcs in certain areas won't be the end of the world

+1

RE: Level 16 and less NPC - Moreton - 10-04-2019

I know this is utter heresy but I would actually like to see NPCs buffed rather than nerfed. They should roughly have the same stats as player ships as it's breaks immersion when you've got 6 fighters trying to pop your transport but they can't even make a dent in your shields. You just switch to turret view and pop them one by one, which is boring.

Yeah I'd get blown up a bit more but IMO the fun from the immersion would easily top the extra worry and skill needed when travelling through hostile space.

Also bring back NPC lawfuls scanning for contraband, in the past 20 smuggling runs I've done between the Sigmas and New York I've been caught like once despite using trade lanes the entire way. Don't get me wrong, I obviously don't want to get caught, but smuggling should be dangerous and IMO the danger is what makes smuggling fun and stand out from the other ways to make money.

RE: Level 16 and less NPC - Darkseid667 - 10-04-2019

(07-27-2019, 12:55 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 12:21 PM)Chronicron Wrote: Trade Lane Disruption

Most of us know that time is money. And when an infamous TRADE LANE DISRUPTED signal comes up into play three times per system, caused by a pack of suddenly reappearing NPC, trading becomes not as enjoyable. Transporting Capital Ships via Trade Lanes is not an enjoyable proccess aswell, especially Battleships and Carriers, and repeating disruption of trade lanes, caused by NPC, is quite disturbing, especially when allies are in need of urgent assistance of their fellow capital vessel.

AFAIK this is hard coded and cannot be fixed.

Hell, getting rid of the "tradelane disrupted" **** would be so good.

RE: Level 16 and less NPC - Grumblesaur - 10-05-2019

Just remove TCDs from NPCs. That's the only fix that needs to happen.