Discovery Gaming Community
[HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Archived Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=290)
+------ Thread: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion (/showthread.php?tid=176729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Reeves - 02-23-2020

(02-22-2020, 07:52 PM)Spectre Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 03:36 PM)SnakThree Wrote: I thought Xenos and Hellfire are on the verge of going hostile.
As far as I'm aware, that train has yet to depart. It's more ooRP angst imho, but it's not in any official capacity.
I can't speak for Xenos, but HF doesn't reflect the opinion.

That's quite the accusation. The reasons for a lack of friendliness between the factions has been clearly elaborated numerous times, so much so that I'm sick of having to dump people with all the citations. Admittedly it does not help that HF's new leadership is intent on dragging it through the gutter and essentially defiling a corpse. I'm provide you with a tldr list of the reasons, if you want to find all the comms and connected material then you can look for it yourself.

1. Abandoned during the Bering conflict against Harmony.

2. DSE allowed in Vespucci.

3. Actively supporting an element of malta, even if they are rebels and make no sense.

4. Immigrants. I figure this is really obvious.

5. Lack of any political representation in the Commonwealth.

6. Ideologies do not align.

I'm sure if I checked the document I prepared on this I'd find more on the subject. But perhaps this should suffice to offset ignorance. It also worth noting further that the only reason hostility hasn't developed officially is because the usual suspects in the development team are defensive of their creation, for which they harbor a great deal of nostalgia and personal opinions. So every time I've brought these points up, they've been brushed aside as if I'm some child who's painted a picture not worth putting up on the fridge.

I would have hoped that you'd be more respectful of another faction, its policies and developments attached to it. But I suppose it makes sense that you would allege bias and oorp motivation. By this point the HF have a PhD in the field.

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Spectre - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 03:20 AM)Reeves Wrote: I would have hoped that you'd be more respectful of another faction, its policies and developments attached to it. But I suppose it makes sense that you would allege bias and oorp motivation. By this point the HF have a PhD in the field.
I'd be more respectful of it if there wasn't the definite taste of ooRP angst attached to it all. Considering your very avid dislike of anything that's even a hint of measurement off from the 'Vanilla feel' (which is a little hypocritical to boot), it's curious that 'is a non-vanilla faction' isn't part of the list of reasons you've brought up.
The rest are all relatively acceptable (EDIT: .. except the last one..), and really should be blamed more on the people who abandoned the project instead of the ones trying to revive it, but whatever. The revamped [HF] is still in its infancy, and is still very much getting itself back together. If you have any ideas for stuff that XA and [HF] can do, then feel free to PM me. I always felt that the Legion and Xenos being in the same boat did something better for each faction. Tearing them apart isn't something I approve of in the slightest.

(02-23-2020, 04:43 AM)Spectre Wrote: The revamped [HF] is still in its infancy, and is still very much getting itself back together. If you have any ideas for stuff that XA and [HF] can do, then feel free to PM me. I always felt that the Legion and Xenos being in the same boat did something better for each faction. Tearing them apart isn't something I approve of in the slightest.

No I will not discuss an in-character issue with you out-of-character. If you want to solve all the issues that the Xenos currently have with the Commonwealth then you can do it through the prescribed channels which are all in-character. It seems a little ironic that I'm standing my ground on this standard when I'm being accused of oorp angst, but it is what it is.

And regardless of how you personally feel on the matter, if you continue to come up with false insinuations of how a faction that predates yours is entirely reliant on your funding, which is borderline power-gaming, then be prepared to see me fight you on it. None of us are here to be accessories to self aggrandizing head-canon, which remains entirely unfounded in not only the lore but any existing agreements between the factions.

The reasons I laid out withstanding, there is no reason for both factions to remain friendly with such a vast array of fundamental disagreement.

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - SnakThree - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 07:30 AM)Reeves Wrote: And regardless of how you personally feel on the matter, if you continue to come up with false insinuations of how a faction that predates yours is entirely reliant on your funding, which is borderline power-gaming, then be prepared to see me fight you on it. None of us are here to be accessories to self aggrandizing head-canon, which remains entirely unfounded in not only the lore but any existing agreements between the factions.

This is good statement in general when Disco is concerned. I really hope people started respecting factions inRP on the level that RP respect should be by lore (or not if you are enemies) or player actions rather than be influenced based on ooRP.

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Spectre - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 07:30 AM)Reeves Wrote: No I will not discuss an in-character issue with you out-of-character. If you want to solve all the issues that the Xenos currently have with the Commonwealth then you can do it through the prescribed channels which are all in-character. It seems a little ironic that I'm standing my ground on this standard when I'm being accused of oorp angst, but it is what it is.

And regardless of how you personally feel on the matter, if you continue to come up with false insinuations of how a faction that predates yours is entirely reliant on your funding, which is borderline power-gaming, then be prepared to see me fight you on it. None of us are here to be accessories to self aggrandizing head-canon, which remains entirely unfounded in not only the lore but any existing agreements between the factions
I base what I say off of what I see. As far as I was made aware, the Commonwealth supplied the Xenos with funding, which includes ships mind you, and the Legion's assistance in exchange for the Xeno's publicity. Your whole faction isn't reliant on the Commonwealth, yes, but then there's an entire realm of 'but it makes sense that..' that could absolutely be brought up, which does, arguably, make sense.

As for 'false insinuations', inRP anyone can claim anything. Whether or not it's correct is up to our gods in yellow. If your plan is to get on someone about being an asshole inRP, then I don't know how to response to it.

Regardless of it all, offer for discussion about stuff to do is still open.

(02-23-2020, 09:06 AM)Spectre Wrote: As far as I was made aware, the Commonwealth supplied the Xenos with funding

No.

(02-23-2020, 09:06 AM)Spectre Wrote: 'but it makes sense that..'

That isn't a justification, it's a what if. And the answer to this is the same as the above. No. There was never a mention of the Xenos being the beneficiary of financial aid. The agreement was only in regards to ships and citizenship for civilian population. There has been no revision of the agreement since then, nor will there be one at this rate. And there is no justification in lore to suggest the Commonwealth giving the Xenos even a cent of cash. Rather to the contrary the movement is sustained by sympathetic civilians and unscrupulous corporations such as USI and Synth Foods. This goes on top of the agreement with the TBH which granted us access to the artifact and relic market.

And no, I will not discuss your head-canon with you. If you have anything to say you've already been referred to the relevant channels for in-character discussion. Your attempt at trying to entitle your faction to power over another faction, which it does not reasonably have will never be acknowledged.

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Lythrilux - 02-23-2020

So will [HF] keep using the Commonwealth concept? IMO, in the long-run it hurt the faction more than it helped, turning it into extra baggage that Hellfire doesn't need.

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Shiki - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 01:32 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: So will [HF] keep using the Commonwealth concept? IMO, in the long-run it hurt the faction more than it helped, turning it into extra baggage that Hellfire doesn't need.

It helps to build a pixel empire!!

I suppose you have rich experiences in that field and could have assisted.

edit: reeves said a lot of correct things tho

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Lythrilux - 02-23-2020

you cheeky little shik

RE: [HF] - The Hellfire Legion - Sabru - 02-23-2020

I always felt that the whole 'commonwealth' thing was the stupidest thing this side of lolns. It never seemed to make any sense or fit with how the faction generally was perceived to be (which has it's own set of issues).

I say, put the long-suffering zombie that is the "existing" [HF]out of it's misery and go for a completely fresh start if you want to gain traction and not get involved in the long, complex and clusterfowliness that is [HF]. Ditch the commonwealth stuff as well.

Reeves did indeed say a lot of good things.