Discovery Gaming Community
I really need help please - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: I really need help please (/showthread.php?tid=190239)

I really need help please - Elune - 10-31-2021

An Admin has PMed me with this text

Good evening.

For the last 13 days your Ships have been setting off the ACs.

Before I go through the process of banning you, can you explain why every time you enter Delta, you trigger the alarms?

\data\solar\asteroids\ST04_iridium_mineable.ini'

What have you altered?

I really don't know what is going on since i dont have any antiviruses and third party tool ,i really dont get it specially why when i enter delta ,and i dont know what i need to do.
I am really not a cheater of any sort and would not like to be banned ,and i really dont understand what is wrong with my accounts or why is this happening.

All i do is fly Order character with bomber and Elune doing nothing special in that system. Should i delete this file \data\solar\asteroids\ST04_iridium_mineable.ini' ?
Just started enjoying game again and would really not like to be banned since i don't hack . Can admin access my accounts and try entering Delta from their own pc if posible
I hope someone here knows what might be going on and what can i do so i stop triggering AC

RE: I really need help please - Kauket - 10-31-2021

Reinstall the mod entirely and don't try to edit drop rates of zones.

RE: I really need help please - Elune - 10-31-2021

I will reinstall ,but i do not get part with editing ? I don't even touch the files. And have no idea how this could have happened. Thank you for your answer

RE: I really need help please - Xenon - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 04:01 AM)Elune Wrote: I will reinstall , but i do not get part with editing ? I don't even touch the files. And have no idea how this could have happened. Thank you for your answer

The AC (Anti-cheat) checks your game files and it's arrangement so if it is found that there is one single file changed/edited then it triggers the alarm at the admin's desks. This could happen manually by editing your files (Which you mentioned that you did not touch) and also can happen by installing some mods to the game which might attempt to alter some ini. files.

The admins/devs suggesstion would be to reinstall your game and be advised that they will not tolerate it again but because they are kind and consider the possibility that something might happen to your files (unintentionally) then they will ask you to reinstall and then will put ya under the microscope for a while Smile

Good luck and if you need any help re-installing then please don't be shy to ask.

RE: I really need help please - Eurobeat - 10-31-2021

This seems to be happening to me as well: sometimes my game just closes itself to desktop with no error message and in game it will say possible cheating detected with my name attached

I'm using the ISO file linked here:
I downloaded the mod linked in the above guide as well (http://discoverygc.com/files/discovery_4.91.0.1.exe)

I have reinstalled the game many times, I've even went to different sites to download the freelancer ISO file and went to old links to download older versions of the mod as well as redownloaded the newest version a few times but nothing so far has fixed this issue. Idk what the specific cheat report is when I get kicked out. I've never modified any of the files except a cockpit texture file but that was years ago and long before any of this started, and it was on a different computer as well so it can't be that(plus I had no issues with cheat reports while I was using that texture mod so even more it can't be that).

It hasn't happened in a few days now but some days it will be impossible for me to connect, no matter what account I use(old one, brand new one, someone else's account) once I select a char and click play, the game loads for a few seconds and then silently closes itself with no indication for why. Other times I will be allowed to connect but once I click undock it will do the same thing. Each time showing possible cheating detected in game.

I know saying "i have never cheated" sounds like a typical "oh my brother did it while i was in the shower" excuse any cheater who won't admit they did it will say but idk what else to say because it's the truth

RE: I really need help please - Karlotta - 10-31-2021

Are you maybe using some tool like FLcompanion or Wingman, or another developer tool, which maybe modifies stuff without you knowing about it?

RE: I really need help please - St.Denis - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 10:46 AM)Eurobeat Wrote: This seems to be happening to me as well: sometimes my game just closes itself to desktop with no error message and in game it will say possible cheating detected with my name attached

Since the affinity settings were changed, there has been an increase in people logging in and the Game crashing straight away (it even happens to me).

This does generate a lot of 'Possible Cheating' messages every day, but we are aware of it.

There are a lot of 'Cheat' messages everyday from other sources (possibly caused by a sudden increase in ping/the Server having a slight fit etc). You may notice this when you get thrown from the Game on going through a JG or docking/undocking from a Base. These happen and are registered by the Server.

I do regular AC checks (normally once a week) and I filter the searches for particular hits.

So, if you haven't seen a Sanction Thread (or me contacting you) with your ship's name on it, then just carry on as normal.

Hopefully this has put your minds at rest, at least a little bit.

RE: I really need help please - Eurobeat - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 11:21 AM)St.Denis Wrote: Hopefully this has put your minds at rest, at least a little bit.[/color]

Now that I know at least you are aware if it, I am very relieved! Thank you for letting us know