Discovery Gaming Community
Hello Everyone - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello Everyone (/showthread.php?tid=196071)

Hello Everyone - WarriorLord - 02-12-2023

Quite new here and have been watching the forums for a while now.

Might be time for me to jump aboard a ship and have a look around. I do not want any advertising here to influence me to join any groups or factions. I will fly solo for a while and size up what I will be doing.

I have heard the community is very small now, seeing as I did at one time install this game about 10 years ago, but never stayed very long. Maybe I will tinker with some ideas, and see where it leads.

Good day all for now.

RE: Hello Everyone - Victoria.Blake - 02-12-2023

Welcome back and have fun, friend!

RE: Hello Everyone - Traudel Habermeyer - 02-12-2023

Welcome (back?) to Discovery in any case!

A good deal of people seem to have returned or flocked to Disco as newcomers like me a little while ago. Enjoy your time, feel free to ask questions or poke people on the DiscoveryGC discord.

Maybe see you in space one day o/

RE: Hello Everyone - WarriorLord - 02-12-2023

Not sure what kind of fun I will have ?, but I am sure I will meet you in space, and hopefully it will be good interaction.

We will certainly see.

RE: Hello Everyone - Stewgar - 02-13-2023

Welcome! Be sure to take a look at server rules before you take flight. My best advice is to find people you enjoy flying with and don't take this place too seriously or you'll end up like me and bald Big Grin

RE: Hello Everyone - All Worlds - 02-13-2023

Sounds like you have the right plan - get a feel for the game, and go from there. Be sure to ask all those questions when they come up - there's a lot to take in!
Welcome and have fun!

RE: Hello Everyone - Save My Soul - 02-13-2023

Hey! Welcome to Discovery Freelancer!
Community is quite enough for this kind of game to be honest. Especially in the evenings and on weekends (according to European TZ at least). Of course we would like more, but nevertheless. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Have fun, see you in space!

Here're some useful threads that can help you understand what DFL actually is:
You can also find the link to official Discord hub at the top on the index page of the forum.

RE: Hello Everyone - WarriorLord - 02-19-2023

Well thankyou for the welcomes, but it does seem as if the community is ver very depleted. So far I have not encountered anyone of, what I would call an consequence or anyone who has interacted properly.

I may hang around, but it seems that my time will indeed be wasted here with what I have seen of the server count. I had heard good things had happened in Liberty, like the new official faction, but it looks that they are a waste of time and also those Corsairs seem to be trying to take over the world.

Official factions are not my thing, and to be honest neither is the game at the moment.

Bye everyone, ive seen enough.