Discovery Gaming Community
To: SLRC || From: '\S/' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: SLRC || From: '\S/' (/showthread.php?tid=204132)

To: SLRC || From: '\S/' - TheKusari - 07-24-2024

[Image: t9mWlni.png]

Albert McKenzie, Starfliers
To: Administration, Starlight Research Consortium
Subject: Tau-23

Hello, Administration of Starlight Research Consortium.

We have recently charted a significant area of the Tau Border Worlds. As your station is located in the Tau-23 system, we have scouted that area. To our surprise, we have discovered some rather interesting crystalline structures. I am establishing contact here to obtain more information about these. Since your teams are stationed there, you may be more familiar with these structures than myself or my colleagues.

If you are willing and able to share any information about these distant asteroids, it would only benefit any ongoing projects we have.

Formerly, Godspeed

RE: To: SLRC || From: '\S/' - Leo - 07-25-2024

[Image: T2sOKBo.png]
Starlight Research Consortium
Chasing starlight since 829 A.S.

[Image: LI1VhUd.png]

Dr. Leo Morningstar

Subject:
RE: Tau-23

Encryption Strength:
Impossible

Greetings and salutations, my name is Dr. Leo Morningstar. I have been given clearance by our Director and Pathfinder department to discuss this classified research project with you. The reasons for the secrecy about the makeup of these asteroids will be come abundantly clear shortly.

Our Pathfinder teams located these crystal asteroids within our home system some time ago. Their unusual appearance generated quite a buzz within our organization. We deployed one of our research Bustards to investigate these beautiful crystalline structures almost as soon as the Pathfinder and Security teams gave the green light. We obtained a sample of the one located near the Tau-37 jump hole and they were en-route back to Ikarus when the sample was exposed to atmosphere within the test chamber.

The sample immediately began showing signs of high-instability. Our research team attempted to re-isolate the crystals within a vacuum but it would appear that a chemical transformation had occurred as it was exposed to atmospheric pressure, oxygen, and nitrogen. Unfortunately, that chemical transformation was not able to be fully understood as our Pathfinder and Security teams met the Andromeda to evacuate the crew. Shortly after the evacuation was completed, the inside of the Bustard sustained an explosion which ripped the ship apart from the inside--damaging the Pathfinder Q-ship, the Darkhorse, in the process. We have only just now begun the process of rebuilding the Andromeda; the damage to the large Carrier was violent and total.

In closing, we advise a considerable amount of caution when handling these crystals if harvested for research. The team researching them have not been deterred from continuing their study of them and if possible, they would like to participate in a collaborative effort with your teams to ascertain their makeup and practical applications. Due to the chronic instability of the crystals, we advise remaining in Tau-23 for the research duration until a suitable delivery method can be derived for transport. There is no telling the effects that gravimetric tidal forces sustained within a rift transition point will have on these unique crystals and an explosion within a rift would not be a nice Tuesday.

Let me know your intentions studying these crystals and what for if you are able and we will see to setting up some kind of a localized research platform near the asteroid itself for further study.

--Dr. Leo Morningstar
Chief Engineer, Ikarus Station

Ever upwards, towards answers.

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.