Discovery Gaming Community
To: DSE || From: Starfliers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: DSE || From: Starfliers (/showthread.php?tid=204394)

To: DSE || From: Starfliers - TheKusari - 08-18-2024

[Image: t9mWlni.png]

Albert McKenzie, Starfliers
To: Administration, Deep Space Engineering
Subject: Shipbuilding Request

Hello, Deep Space Engineering. My name is Albert McKenzie, head of the Starfliers.

To our knowledge, your shipyard in New York has had numerous opportunities building all kinds of vessels for commercial use. Namely, for our allies Orbital Spa & Cruise. I am contacting you today if you are able to reserve a block of time to construct a vessel of a custom design. The specifics of this ship have not been finalized as of yet. Since I am personally overseeing the vessel's design on-paper at this moment, the only hard fact I can share with you is that it will be of similar size to other Freighter-Tier ships your teams are familiar with.

One of my previous pilots had took this upon themselves to accomplish alone, but was unsuccessful. Though there are parts of what they have done that I would like to have followed up. Support from a respected and experienced corporation would indeed help us finish what my pilot has started here.

Please do let me know if this is something that your teams may be interested in.

Formerly, Godspeed

RE: To: DSE || From: Starfliers - TheKusari - 08-24-2024

[Image: PVArGCT.png]

No reply signal received
Repeating last sent message to recipient
Awaiting reply...

RE: To: DSE || From: Starfliers - Barrier - 08-24-2024

「o」Neural Net uplink established...
「o」Decrypting message contents...
「o」Displaying message contents...

[Image: woJg8mQ.png]
George E. Rolf, CEO
SUBJECT: Freighter-class Construction

Howdy there Mr. McKenzie.

I can't say I'm very familiar with your organization, but I have already noticed your contribution to our charting initiative. I have to tell you though, I ain't quite sure why you're contacting me at a high level like this. My people on Baltimore are good at what they do, and many dry docks have custom-made projects in them. Naturally, there's a waiting list, but I think you can imagine a few ways of cuttin' the line.

Now one reason I can think of for your particular interest is that the design involves some components which will draw the wrong kind of attention. Before we go too much further down that route, I have to tell you that I am a patriot. I'll have no truck with "refurbishing" "found" Liberty technology. But for most things besides that, we can do business. Just lay out what it is you want to accomplish, and we can set you up out in Susquehanna in Cortez, or out here at Red Rock in Colorado. While neither location has the facilities of Baltimore, a freighter class can be achieved with much less material effort (and more discretion).

And of course, if we do take on this project for you, we'll need to talk rates. I suggest coming up with some on your own and sendin' them alongside your design. Otherwise, I'll get a headache figurin' out which parts of my engineerin' reports are necessary safety tests, and which are ways of funding the kids' college programs.

Rolf out.

First, farthest, fearless.

「o」Message ends...

RE: To: DSE || From: Starfliers - TheKusari - 08-26-2024

[Image: t9mWlni.png]

Albert McKenzie, Starfliers
To: George E. Rolf,, Deep Space Engineering
Subject: Red Rock

Hello, George E. Rolf.

I will start by saying that receiving a reply from the head of Deep Space Engineering is quite unexpected. I appreciate your response to this and taking the time to look over my request. We are certainly in no rush to leap ahead of others with our project. We can spend the time making sure that all the properties of the ship are in line with what we would like built. This is the kind of project I would like to get right on the first try, so as you can imagine, I am happy to accommodate for time.

Colorado is most appropriate for us, as we are only two systems out from there. This makes transporting the vessels back home to us easier. Discretion isn't a requirement, but it may certainly help.

We have set aside a significant amount of funds in order to ensure the vessel is built. Though I believe we have underestimated this. To start, would you like the design sheet of what I have put together? This may help you and our teams educate us on proper ship design, logistics and financial strain our credit vault.

Formerly, Godspeed

RE: To: DSE || From: Starfliers - TheKusari - 08-30-2024

[Image: PVArGCT.png]

No reply signal received
Repeating last sent message to recipient
Awaiting reply...