Discovery Gaming Community
Commodity-equipment prices - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Commodity-equipment prices (/showthread.php?tid=60353)

Pages: 1 2

Commodity-equipment prices - Hone - 05-25-2011

A military class spceship gun will cost from 100 to 500k however an entire tank/walker will cost only 3k, why the strange price difference? The much higher equipment price made it virtually impossible to do an rp trade order for guns instead of cargo, which I wanted to do.

Commodity-equipment prices - Lyderies - 05-25-2011

' Wrote:A military class spceship gun will cost from 100 to 500k however an entire tank/walker will cost only 3k, why the strange price difference? The much higher equipment price made it virtually impossible to do an rp trade order for guns instead of cargo, which I wanted to do.

thats a good question....

are you talking about MV vs space ship guns?

Commodity-equipment prices - Hone - 05-25-2011

yes

Commodity-equipment prices - Azan27 - 05-29-2011

The basic idea behind this is that weapons to be used in space have alot more sophisticated technology and firepower, so they cost alot more. After all, they need to be able to interface with the complex space ships mechanics, as well as target and fire in zero atmosphere and astral gravety. However, I do agree that the price difference is a bit extreme (100 military vehicals most likely have more firepower than a single powerful space weapon.)

Quote:The much higher equipment price made it virtually impossible to do an rp trade order for guns instead of cargo, which I wanted to do

I am a bit confused as to what you mean here, could you please explain a bit further?

Commodity-equipment prices - Zelot - 05-29-2011

It's mainly because commodity prices and ship and gun prices are balanced using totally different systems.

Commodity-equipment prices - Hone - 05-30-2011

' Wrote:The basic idea behind this is that weapons to be used in space have alot more sophisticated technology and firepower, so they cost alot more. After all, they need to be able to interface with the complex space ships mechanics, as well as target and fire in zero atmosphere and astral gravety. However, I do agree that the price difference is a bit extreme (100 military vehicals most likely have more firepower than a single powerful space weapon.)

I am a bit confused as to what you mean here, could you please explain a bit further?

I realise that spaceship guns would be more expensive than ground guns (probly, we really dont know) but 66 times more expensive than an entire walker? For one gun?

As for the RP, my idea was to pay people to bring kusari guns to cambridge, and pay them per gun, so the brets could study them for reverse engineering shields ect.

As for Zelot, do you see the oddness/problem it causes? Could anything be done to fix it?

Commodity-equipment prices - Zelot - 05-30-2011

' Wrote:As for Zelot, do you see the oddness/problem it causes? Could anything be done to fix it?

Recalculating all the prices of all the different classes of items that are sold, so that they all match with each other and with all the commodities would require a significant amount of work. For a very small issue in my opinion.

Commodity-equipment prices - Pinko - 05-30-2011

Assume the price of the stuff you ship to be the price your trader is paid to haul these, not the actual retail price.

Commodity-equipment prices - Chase - 05-30-2011

You know... that is brilliant. I have never thought of it that way but now will forever after.

Commodity-equipment prices - Friday - 05-30-2011

It is no point repricing guns until they actually occupy cargo space. Only then can they be valued in the same way as cargo is valued.