Discovery Gaming Community
making freighter and transport a power - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: making freighter and transport a power (/showthread.php?tid=70824)

Pages: 1 2 3

making freighter and transport a power - Swallow - 12-28-2011

So far I have two ideas, one is mine, and second I saw in topic about combat freighters.
here:

- Cap 8, with full black widow turrets Camara freighter.

- Mammoth with cap 3 and higher, with 4 type 2 and one type 1 turrets, civilian transport shield.

making freighter and transport a power - Charos - 12-28-2011

Cap8 Mammoth with 5 Type 2 turrets.

making freighter and transport a power - Talesin - 12-28-2011

Cap 8 Hegemon - though it is called the "Xeno BS" already.

If you're really looking for a smaller thing i could suggest the Pelican - that thing is quite useful.
As small transport can supply enough energy for black widows (25k /3k) and equiped with a CAP8 it's got a hullstrenght of 240k whilst keeping 500 Cargospace (4.85 data) for cargo piracy.
It has no CD though.

Regards,
Talesin

making freighter and transport a power - Wraga - 12-28-2011

Freighters has no adv. transport shield...

Traders has no mines, some of them cd-s, and trader turrets arent so effective...

In this moment I have no idea, btw you can use Anki as far as I know. That has the best firepower if you ask me...from what you can use for sure.

making freighter and transport a power - Jansen - 12-28-2011

Imagine a GIANT Startracker with lots of duct tape.

making freighter and transport a power - Swallow - 12-28-2011

nice, will think more

making freighter and transport a power - Maelstrom - 12-29-2011

A couple of thoughts...

The pelican turns into a massive target when it is cd'd. It's powerplant is instantly drained. This makes it's bigger shield and large offensive payload rather useless. It is also a transport and the Xeno's can't fly transports.

The Camarra only has turrets, and fewer guns total than the other freighters. It really lacks the power needed for the role.

The Anki and the Bactrian are probably your best bet. I prefer the Anki, but others like the Bactrian better. The Anki has a little less hull armor but can mount three codes as well as more deb turrets than the Bactrian. The Anki also feels less cumbersome than the Bactrian. I don't know if it is or not, in reality, but it certainly feels like it has better handling to me.

Two good loadouts for the ship are codes with all deb turrets and nukes with a cau4 or better, and missiles with all deb turrets and nukes with a cau4 or better. With the codes you are better at range and with the missiles you are devastating up close and personal.

making freighter and transport a power - AeternusDoleo - 12-29-2011

Cap8 Pelican with Liberty Small Transport Turrets. And a pair of Cannonball missiles. Pelican turret placement is made more sensible - it's got quite a bite forward now.

[Edit] Request for assistance as model lead: Need a hull-with-ducttape TGA for something...

making freighter and transport a power - Soul Reaper - 12-29-2011

' Wrote:Imagine a GIANT Startracker with lots of duct tape.

This.

:lol:

making freighter and transport a power - Ursus - 12-29-2011

I have a hard time with a Xeno using an Anki or any Kusari-born Renzu ship.

They are green cell to Liberty Civ so any of the armored freighters would work.