Discovery Gaming Community
Known Ship List of 4.87 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Known Ship List of 4.87 (/showthread.php?tid=90940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Known Ship List of 4.87 - SMI-Great.Fox - 12-09-2012

Ladies and Gents. I believe a similar list was made last time before 4.86 came out. So allow me to start with 4.87's.

If you have the screen shots or links of other ships, etc, etc, please post them below.

Liberty:

- Remodeled Liberty Assault Carrier

- Remodeled Liberty Mastodon

- Junker LF

Rheinland:

- Remodeled Hessian VHF

- Remodeled and Retextured Hessian Line (Capital Craft Link)

- LWB VHF and Bomber.

- Remodelled Uruz Transport

Kusari:

Bretonia:

- Bretonian Light Gunship

- Bretonian Light Carrier (looking for Pics)

Hispania:

- Outcast Snub Line

- Corsair (Pirate) Transport (Dish on turret rotates and Madvillain gets a special version with rotating horns)

Gallia:

Council VHF

Borderworlds / Civilian:

- Remodeled BHG Orca

- Remodeled Aquillion Carrier

- Civilian gunboat

- Borderworlds gunboat

- Remodeled Spatial

- X-Shuttle Replacement

- Order Gunship reveted to 4.84 model.

- Order Bastet Replacement

- Remodeled Raven's Talon

- Remodeled Waran

- SCRA Crusier Replacement - Snub line to Gunship Retextured

- Junker Collector

- IMG Battletransport

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - AeternusDoleo - 12-09-2012

HFL and Order aren't getting any battlecruisers.

Furthermore:
- Civilian gunboat
- Borderworlds gunboat
- Remodeled Spatial
- Corsair (Pirate) Transport still being worked on.

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - Jeremy Hunter - 12-09-2012

Aet, that says Oder. As in, the RM's new BC.

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - Echo 7-7 - 12-09-2012

The Grizzly has been retextured. I can't find any pictures right now, but it looks fairly similar to the current Grizzly, except a lot more neat and cleanly executed. It has also been glowmapped.

Edit: I think we've got a new model for the Waran, too.

(12-09-2012, 05:30 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: Aet, that says Oder. As in, the RM's new BC.

Sadly, regardless of how that was misread, the Rheinland Battlecruiser is not getting in the mod because the mod "already has too many ships".

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - Reid - 12-09-2012

(12-09-2012, 04:54 AM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: Remodeled Hessian VHF

Why fix what isn't broken? That just looks horrible

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - Jeremy Hunter - 12-09-2012

(12-09-2012, 05:30 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 05:30 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: Aet, that says Oder. As in, the RM's new BC.

Sadly, regardless of how that was misread, the Rheinland Battlecruiser is not getting in the mod because the mod "already has too many ships".
[Image: hallelujah.jpg]
HALLELUJAH
-The Liberty Navy
-The Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army
-The Red Hessians
-The Russian Federation, aka the Rot Front

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - Echo 7-7 - 12-09-2012

(12-09-2012, 05:52 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: HALLELUJAH

I disagree. It's a good quality model, and would fill the one empty slot in Rheinland's ship line. Blame Mjolnir for poor balance.

Edit: I do not believe that having more ships than player slots on the server counts as having too many ships in the mod. What's telling is simply how many of a particular ship exist on the server at any one time, indicating popularity. It would be nice if we could have a role for every ship, as opposed to ships being changed to fit roles.

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - Ascalon - 12-09-2012

wow. it's cool. btw when will be .87 released?

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - SMI-Great.Fox - 12-09-2012

(12-09-2012, 06:01 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: I disagree. It's a good quality model, and would fill the one empty slot in Rheinland's ship line. Blame Mjolnir for poor balance.

I have to concur. That ship was something quite a few of us were looking forward to. Myself included. Now I'm getting the feeling of just not playing a Rheinlander anymore :<

*Updating list*

RE: Known Ship List of 4.87 - Gentlefood - 12-09-2012

(12-09-2012, 06:01 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 05:52 AM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: HALLELUJAH

I disagree. It's a good quality model, and would fill the one empty slot in Rheinland's ship line. Blame Mjolnir for poor balance.

I'm also going to note upon this. The RMBC would offer an alternate role to the RM line that wasn't touched upon save the gunboat.

That being the Forward Gun. Of all the Rheinland(lawful) ships only the RM GB has a forward gun. While this is not a bad thing, nor am I saying in any way that any of the other ships are poor fighters. It would add just enough touch of variety to the RM line.

It was a wonderfully well modeled ship complete with a unique touch in the form of the targeting turret. In addition to being slim and long rather than the standard long and fat, or slim and tall.

I understand the reasoning behind the fear of adding new ships to the game. And the Rheinland line -is- fairly complete as it is. But at the same point, ships are being added to Bretonia (afaik) that being the gunship and a light carrier, to complete their lines. I'm not too certain why it would be such a crime to complete Rheinland's line.