Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: RFP/RM/BPA; CC: News Agencies -||- topic: IMG Transports Stolen by Hessians
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: veronica.png]

**** SENDER: Veronica Ryan, IMG Spokesperson ****

**** TO: Rheinland Military / Rheinland Federal Police / Bretonian Police / News Agencies ****

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is Veronica Ryan, official Spokesperson of the Guildmasters, giving a statement on the theft of three Sishapangma combat transports by Red Hessian Army forces from Aland Shipyard in Omega 3. The three transports were being overhauled and refitted with improved scanner software when the Hangars were hit.

The current names of the stolen Shishapangma class transports are:
  • [RHA]RHT-Huskari
  • [RHA]RHT-Sleipnir
  • [RHA]RHT-Dieter

Around 17:05 Sirian Mean time, a Hessians fighting group centered around the Battleship arrived near Aland Shipyard and started to attack the Hangar A and B shield generators. The attack group consisted of:

• [RHA]RHB-Bifrost - Jormungand class Battleship
  • [RHA]Gerald-Hessler - Odin
  • [RHA]Felix.Schneider - Odin
  • [RHA]Dennis.Haupt - Odin (Destroyed in the fight)
  • Goddess - Hessian Gunboat (Destroyed in the fight)
  • [RHA]RHF-Uecker - X11 Civilian Boarding Freighter (Captured by IMG)

Evidence: Attack against Hangar B:

[Image: shisha_stolen4.png]

[Image: X5wjeug.jpg]

IMG scrambled additional Defense vessels from Cambridge and Omega 7 to defend the base against the attack. One Hessian Odin was taken out, and an IMG Shishapangma transport was heavily damaged.

Evidence:Fighting between RHA and IMG:

[Image: k3vD1HG.jpg]

[Image: MPRe65o.jpg]

Hessian forces sent a boarding freighter, moored it in Hangar B and and started taking control of Hangar B, later A. IMG hangar crews had already been pulled out after the first space bombardement on the shield generators. Security teams were overpowered quickly and retreated from Hangars A and B.

Evidence: Boarding Crews:

[Image: rGkweWw.jpg]

The Hessian criminals were able to take control of three Shishapangma Battletransport class ships and made their way to the Jormungand class Battleship.

Evidence: Stolen Transports' Escape:

[Image: shisha_stolen3.png]

The IMG Defense ordered the transports' engines to be taken out, however the cover fire of the Battleship and the fighter cover made it next to impossible, but all three transports were badly damaged when they reached the killingzone of the Battleship firearcs.

Evidence: Engagement of Stolen Transports:

[Image: shisha_stolen2.png]

[Image: shisha_stolen5.png]

The Jormungand used jumpdrive technology to retreat all Hessian ships to an unknown place just seconds after the transports had arrived, drawing every ship in the vicinity somewhere else. IMG Forces present were ordered to stand down in order not to be sucked into the jump vortex.

Evidence: Jumpship Extraction of Hessian Forces

[Image: hqYuvLA.jpg]

[Image: shisha_stolen1.png]

[Image: Nbpne0D.jpg]

This concludes the IMG statement about the theft. If there are any further questions about the incident, the Guild is happy to answer these.

Hochachtungsvoll

Veronica Ryan
IMG Spokesperson

[Image: end.png]
[Image: veronica.png]

**** TO: Rheinland Military / Rheinland Federal Police / Bretonian Police ****

Dear Sir or Madam,

Veronica Ryan calling in again with a short additional statement to yesterday's report:

Damage assessment at Aland Shipyard, Omega 3 has been completed.

Damage to the base:
  • Shield Generator - Hangar A
  • Power Hub - Hangar A-B
  • Hangar Gate - Hangar A

Hangar A is expected to reopen in 72 hours.
Hangar B will open for public use in 24 hours.
Floating debris has been cleared and there is no danger for civilian traffic in the region.

Damage to personell:
  • 6 lightly wounded Hangar crew
  • 2 seriously wounded Security staff

Fast reaction and immediate evacuation of the Hangars A and B before their airlocks were breached and the shields fell resulted in low casualty numbers.

Hochachtungsvoll

Veronica Ryan
IMG Spokesperson

[Image: ThomasPage_zps154bd2d5.png]

Ms. Ryan,

Chief Inspector Page here, speaking on behalf of the BPA. More specifically, the task of creating and organising the Civil Defence Initiative, was given to me and we're the first line of Bretonian power in the Kingdom's southern reaches. We 'met', as it were, once before in the aftermath of the attack on FP1.

You haven't mentioned any casualties but I hope that no news is good news. With any more seriously wounded personnel of yours, Granchester Royal Infirmary on Cambridge will definitely be able to help should the Aland facilities being more 'industrial'. At least that's something my mum would say.

As I said, we've got the volunteers of the CDI in Cambridge and quite a number on Sprague too. Unfortunately the sandstorms and other freak weather that's prone to affect us on the planet was interfering with the comms to receive any beacons, and a Corsair raid on Cambridge had those further afield caught up too.
While we do usually keep to the western half of the system, anyone under attack by Corsairs or the like will be helped where we can. Assuming we don't get any bad weather, but I wouldn't be a Bretonian if I wasn't used to that...
Sometimes it is a lot easier having the cannibals around to make everyone remember their priorities; people lose sight of the bigger picture when it gets quiet though.

Your statement has been filed, I think that covers things on our end.

Regards,
Thomas Page OBE
Chief Inspector, Bretonian Police Authority

**** TO: Rheinland Military / Rheinland Federal Police / Bretonian Police ****

Dear Chief Inspector Page,

thank you for your swift reply.

I'll keep this conversation channel open to all official parties (namely Rheinland Police and Military) to make sure that everybody is sufficiently informed about the evolving events.

Mr. Page, good to know that we can rely on your help in moments of trouble. It is good to see those united again that were already helping each other out in the Freeport 1 attack.

Sadly the casualty numbers had to be increased over night. One Hangar security guard died from his serious injuries today in Java trauma center in Tau 23 where he was transported immediately after the attack.

Furthermore, the initial report did not include the losses from the fighting in Omega 3 in which a Shishapangma class transport was gunned down by the invading Battleship. The crew of 5 made it to their pods, but 2 were lightly, 3 seriously injured, yet luckily none of them are in critical conditions.

The IMG happily accepts the offer to transfer the wounded to Granchester Royal Infirmary on Cambridge. Expect the 3 seriously wounded as soon as medical transportation can be organised, which should be within the hour. Our doctors have given green lights for the MedEvac, as the patients are sufficiently stable.

The total numbers:
  • 6 lightly wounded Hangar crew
  • 2 lightly wounded Shishapangma crew
  • 1 seriously wounded, but stable Security staff - MedEvac to Cambridge
  • 2 seriously wounded, but stable Shishapangma crew - MedEvac to Cambridge
  • 1 deceased Security staff

Thank you also for your offer to bring CDI into action. The IMG appreciates the offer. The Guild would propose a direct communication connection between the IMG Omega 3 installations and the CDI command. Increasing cooperation in security aspects makes sense.

Yours sincerely

Veronica Ryan
IMG Spokesperson

[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Markus_Schmarn.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: Medium
IDENTIFICATION: Inspekteur Markus Schmarn
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: IMG Transports Stolen by Hessians

Gut day Frau Ryan, this is Markus Schmarn, Inspekteur of the Rheinland Federal Polizei.

We have received your initial transmission. Those are sad news indeed, but on the other hand, it does not come as a surprise to me. Acutally, I feel the urge to say "We told you".

So, with this recent agression, does it really surprise you that the Rheinland Military has sent in Battleship Schwerin to secure Freistadt Base? I know that your guild was not really happy about this, but I don't want to think about what would have happened if those pirates had attacked Freistadt base. Anyway, I think the Rheinland Military may say more about this...

Nun that you as well have now witnessed the brutality of the Hessians, it would be ein gut idea, if your security assets within the Omegas perhaps work together with both the law enforcements in Bretonia and in Rheinland to counter the piracy.

Think about it.

Signed,

Markus Schmarn
Inspekteur Rheinland Federal Polizei