Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate Fleet Over Manhattan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Um....wow. This just feels off. I'll refrain from saying ooRP, but it's odd that the entirety of all the Liberty Navy, Police, Security Force, Bounty Hunters Guild, Mercenary Corps, Southern Alliance, Jupiter Guild, Corporate, and Foreign powers would allow the capital of a House to be taken over by a pirate fleet. Maybe I'm missing something here but I just really didn't enjoy this event, and I don't get to play often so I feel a little discouraged. I've been at this for well over a month and none of my ships can survive even one salvo from anything that was out today. My Navy fighter was vaped by a single cannon shot while I was trying to type my intent to engage. I just logged off an hour later and they're still holding Manhattan and smuggling like mad without opposition. We'll be lucky if the planet itself doesn't wind up in the omicrons.

I'm not really trying to flame non-lawfuls, and I'm not really angry. Well, I think I'm upset, but it's hard to express. It just feels like something not right went down.

Maybe you guys can put better words to my feelings of dismay.
*Hurries in with pitchfork and torch.*

(Proving Aidan's point.)
Ive seen this sort of thing happen quite a lot, i think a fair problem is the NPC's total ineptitude at doing anything to assist the lawfuls, the capital of a house should really be quite a fortress making pirates attack more realistic targets like smaller planets and stations. (adds a bit more flavour and realism)

it should work both ways of course, a little difficult to believe that lawfuls can walk right up the super secret and heavily defended buffalo without getting stomped by the NPC.

im not sure why the NPC's are so inept, the capital ships have a lot of health but are nowhere near as deadly as the stationary battleships, plus its possible that the unlawfuls aquired neutral relations just so the NPC's didnt bother them.

so either make the factions "guard factions" with locked rep to anything but faction members and such, or add a lot more VHF Npc's, the capital ships are useless, but 10 chimaera's for example can give players quite a bit of trouble. even cruiser shields cant last long under such firepower. one thing i did notice was capital ships seem to barely fire at all when you're close to them, but begin to fire quite well from long distance.
If you have an inappropriate IFF you can get sanctioned/warned.
' Wrote:Um....wow. This just feels off. I'll refrain from saying ooRP, but it's odd that the entirety of all the Liberty Navy, Police, Security Force, Bounty Hunters Guild, Mercenary Corps, Southern Alliance, Jupiter Guild, Corporate, and Foreign powers would allow the capital of a House to be taken over by a pirate fleet. Maybe I'm missing something here but I just really didn't enjoy this event, and I don't get to play often so I feel a little discouraged. I've been at this for well over a month and none of my ships can survive even one salvo from anything that was out today. My Navy fighter was vaped by a single cannon shot while I was trying to type my intent to engage. I just logged off an hour later and they're still holding Manhattan and smuggling like mad without opposition. We'll be lucky if the planet itself doesn't wind up in the omicrons.

I'm not really trying to flame non-lawfuls, and I'm not really angry. Well, I think I'm upset, but it's hard to express. It just feels like something not right went down.

Maybe you guys can put better words to my feelings of dismay.
This is a game which can hold a maximum of 200 people. It's not wether or not pirate fleets being capble of doing this it's the fact that sometimes those players who arr meant to protect manhattan just aren't there. Hell some of them are instead using thier pirate character to help "take" over the system. It means nothing really
' Wrote:This is a game which can hold a maximum of 200 people. It's not wether or not pirate fleets being capble of doing this it's the fact that sometimes those players who arr meant to protect manhattan just aren't there. Hell some of them are instead using thier pirate character to help "take" over the system. It means nothing really

I agree. I wasnt there but it seems the pirates made quite a stand, which is admirable.
I have lead a few of these expeditions, whether it be ex-Liberty Syndicate members or just a group of OutCasts from Palermo, its always the same thing.

You may see it as mindless power-gaming, but in a way we are trying to prove a point. Bluntly The point is "Liberty plainly suck at protecting what they say they protect so well." One day a said group of pirates decided to challenge that. 90% of all ships I face off with in Liberty are gunboats and cruisers. The last attack lead by myself took a gunboat down in a mere 20 seconds. Capital ship fleets are useless unless used correctly, and everyone thinks that if their is a cap-ship by their side, they can't loose. Problem is, only a small portion of Liberty based players are skilled pilots. This is their downfall. But thats a different story.

2 Gunboats
3 Bombers
2 Light Fighters

Vs.

3 Gunboats
4 VHF's
1 LF
2 Cruisers
1 Battleship

Now, I get people telling me that it ain't "fair" As far as numbers go, that assumption is a tad lop-sided. We pirates go into Liberty full knowing our death is near. We know its a suicide mission, because we know we are strongly out numbered. We fight. 6/10 times we loose. The rest is a win. And yea, we will hold the system for 3 hours to prove we actually have the power to take your pitiful system down to its knees.

I thought I blatantly pointed this out when the bellow picture was posted a few days ago:
[Image: SURRENDER.png]

Now, I can understand the frustration when pirates take over what was once a lawful play ground. But lets be realistic. There are key Rogue and OutCast bases in New York. Now, if they just sat there and looked pretty, what fun would that be?

Instead of people whining at me in chat preaching the rules to me and telling me I'm not being fair. Try reversing the issue, and launching an attack on one of our bases with your fleet, post it all over the forums and see what happens.

Its Sirius after all.

Pirates Vs. lawful's, remember?
If I wasn't in a coma, I would go to NY and kick em out.

But I am:(
It just sounds like you lost, which can always be annoying. I'm not sure what you're complaining about mate, is it that the pirates are attacking Manhatten, or is it that you're ship just isn't up to participating in that kind of fight, or is it that the Liberty forces are too weak to confront a pirate threat, which is unfair? What exactly is the problem?
I find it extremely OORP for a pirate to Conquer Manhattan, Staying within gun range of the planet, and surviving the poor level of damage the base is dealing to the ship.

If you want to pirate manhattan, stay around the Trade lanes, like some folks on TS use to do.

One day, an outcast BS raided Manhattan, without being attacked by anything (IFF). He got sanctionned and killed by nearly all the other UNLAWFULS that were in the system because the initial plan of the BS pilot was pure non-sense
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8