Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(10-23-2014, 03:05 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]So, what do you do with Corsairs, Outcasts, Zoners, IMG, Junkers, etc?

Outcasts are perfectly capable of doing that already, so are Corsairs.
If you want to create a true "pirate fleet" that would roam several houses/systems, Sairs/OCies are the way to go. Though, their lack of dedicated Carriers is a bit frustrating. (yeye, I know their BSes were made for Omicron warfare, but it'd still make sense to have them suited for "mothership" role. They need it more than anyone else, both of them.)
Zoners are for different type of RP, Junkers too.
(10-23-2014, 01:26 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]A couple dozen transports ferrying H-fuel through the embargo is better than nothing at all. You underestimate the size of Junkers and GC, not to mention all the other people who would run the embargo.

Maybe better than nothing, yes, but it seems you overestimate the size of GC and the Junkers. Atleast the GC's aren't or shouldn't be that many. And not everyone of them can fly a ship. Not to mention they are more interessted in Cardamine than in smuggling H-Fuel to Liberty.

Though, i guess Liberty has enough available reserves of H fuel in their Stores. Atleast i think they have, because they wouldn't be so stupid to rely on smugglers only, when another party enforce an embargo like Kusari did.

On topic. Voted for an end of the war. It's the same as with the Kusari / Bretonia war. It's / was boring after a while. Right now i am not sure what's better,
- a war Rheinland / Kusari / Bretonia / Liberty against Gallia,
- or a war Kusari / Gallia / against Liberty / Bretonia with Rheinland fighting innerhouse wars against RHA / LWB / Unioners.

Of course you can scratch Kusari from the possibilty list when it comes to a civil war there...
(10-23-2014, 12:29 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]Bretonia
Trying to get back some of its lost territories, BAF tries to push their forces along with LN and CR in Leeds, via Manchester. However, Gallia is pushing launching their final assault against Bretonia on 3 fronts (Dublin, New London, Manchester).
New battlefields: Manchester, Dublin, New London, Magellan, Cortez.

These are already battlegrounds, unless you intend on moving around BSs on both sides to mix it up.
(10-23-2014, 02:11 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]Let's not forget that if Rheinland allies itself with Gallia and attacks Liberty, it would also be vulnerable to attacks from Hessians or even Bretonia (yes...this House is still alive, people). Rheinland doesn't have the resources to fight a war on multiple fronts any more than Kusari or Bretonia would.

IMO, the most logical course of action would be a cease-fire and joint cooperation betweenALL Houses and independent factions to counter and end the Gallic threat first, and then resume their own agendas afterward.

That's if it'd be clear that Liberty would fall, alone. Given the long war between both entities and extreme level of hostilities, the likely outcome would be Rheinland wanting Liberty to weaken as much as possible during the conflict.

(10-23-2014, 02:20 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]stuff

Okay, I'll answer this as one of their FCs. (Gepard wasn't the only one).

Quote:Competant Russian pubstompers
Half of which were newbies bound together into some form of an organized force through the sheer power of TeamSpeak. Then, as expected, we had all types of **** ups, especially when those guys went somewhere alone, which ultimately put the whole group in a bastille a pair of times, I think - regardless of how rule-obeying certain core players were.

Quote: with voice chat using spammy loadouts vs 12 year old American kids who don't know how to use the right version of there/their/they're.

Cruisers that can thrust and move faster while missiling snubs compared to a dreadnought that goes 90 m/s and has a handful of weapons.

Unfortunately, given Freelancer/Discovery in-game mechanics, a single pro in a snub can survive near indefinite amount of time, speaking in relative terms compared to the lenght of the battle, against a horde of noobfighters. The stats under which in-game environment operates, i.e. the comparison of ship stats (size, speed, agility, etc) and weapon stats (speed, dps, damage, etc), as well as targeting mechanic allow for such things to happen.

More than that, so-called snubcrafts are given the capability to stay impervious to the fleet firepower while going "full evasive" unless they have other snubcraft-classes on their tail with sufficient targeting skill.

I've seen enough trollsnubs, like, say, Sabres in 4.85 trolling the **** out of IMG\=CR= & allies battle-fleets. Or, like, a single light fighter coming in and aggroing whole combined-arms fleet. And staying alive.

Then we have, again, game engine mechanic where amount of guns installed on NPC stations increases proportionally to amount of players present on the field.
Now tell me, how do you counter a bunch of nova bombers hugging a Mississippi? Well, suicidal MSP attacks excluding, where a plair of battleships are tasked with shutting down it's defenses. Not sure if still possible.

The only reasonable and realistic way to combat such ships without having own medium-high skilled pilots (or in case of base hugging - even with own such pilots) was the use of instakilling mechanic in general, and missiles in particular. Missiles were the only realistic way to give better odds to "quantity" approach in those conditions.

You yourself know how broken Agility vs Armor balance is in this game, as well as quality (skill) vs quantity when it came to snubcraft. It's rather hard to take on 2 pretty newbie players on a battleship/cruiser with them being in same shipclass, it's much easier to do so in snubcraft, from what I saw.

Next:

Quote:Rheinland Jumpturtles who can jump out, restock, and reenter the fight again later with a full storage of B/B for feeding fleet members compared to a decloaking Lib Dread that can provide support for a few seconds before being gunned down because no shields.

First of all, Cloak is a counter for a Jumpdrive, if you didn't know.

Now, those "Russian pubstompers" did not have Jumpturtles at their disposal, if I remember correctly. My KuBS was the only ship of that class, because we made a focus on cloaking mechanics - again due to Heavy Battleship vs Light Battleship balance, where combat was always starting in the most favorable conditions for Lights (at high distance), and Jumpdrive was not helping that particular issue.

I also died a few times to SFC cloakers proving just a little teamwork can take down a Jumper. And we also killed quite a few Jumpers with cloakers of our own. I also wasn't spotted in neverending supply of nanobots - nor it was possible in fleet combat that lasts and is being decided mere minutes, unlike snub brawls.

Jumpturtle is something other player did later on. I have one now too, though I stopped playing much after changes to technerf system.

Quote:<...>. It also says that Liberty is a force twice the size of Rheinland, which means that they're benefitting the Corsair cause by weakening the Rheinland fleet.

Kusari never lost a battleship in vanilla, Rheinland lost one or two, but had far less to begin with while Liberty lost 3 with the most to begin with and a booming economy. Liberty's president, Jacobi, never succombed to the Nomads, while Tekagi and most Rheinlandic officials were infected.

Erm, I think you're confusing the losses that were shown to us to actual losses in a war.

Quote:From what I heard, Kusari/Bretonia war was more or less a struggle over Tau-31, until Gallia arrived. No clear winner, just pew.

Afaik, KuNavy made a breakthrough back then, and the fight was going on in Leeds. But I'm not sure here, simply do not remember.
I wonder if at least half of people who wote yes play in Rheinland.
Edit...sorry, saw you posted afterward.
Omega 3 for Rheinland and Cambridge for Corsairs.

Shots fired.

ps: and Cayman to Hessians so that LWB, Unioners and Bundos regain some protagonism within Rheinland (bandit)
(10-22-2014, 11:43 PM)Alduin Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2014, 10:56 PM)Anshur Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2014, 10:54 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]I would honestly like to see Kusari going to war with someone.

I'd welcome it as Kusari and Rheinland against Liberty.

This could work, Gallia monstering through Bretonia and hitting at Liberty in Magellan and Cortez forcing a wedge between the two allies and intensifying the cutting of direct supplies and reinforcements (already somewhat happening).

Then have the nations of Kusari and Rheinland (after sufficient consultation with Gallic powers that be) put there embattled fleets and resources together to open another (although weaker) pair of fronts (allowing Kusari and Rheinland fleets to work together on the two fronts in say Colorado and Texas) on the Liberty Military to somewhat distract Liberty and allow Gallia more time to savage the alliance by taking Bretonia even further down if not destroying it.

This in turn:

1. Keeps the Rheinland - Liberty conflict open (this seems to be a semi-liked conflict but possibly a bit stale with further things ahead to maybe help towards refreshing it)

2. Causes direct co-operation between Rheinland and Kusari fleets (as neither really has the power to fight a war on their own - Lore reasons obviously)

3. Causes in-direct co-operation between Kusari, Rheinland and Gallic Fleets (Imagine a co-ordinated two or three way raid for the defenders and also attackers, player numbers depending of course)

4. Increases the need for Liberty and Bretonia to hit back at what is increasingly looking like a losing fight.

5. This also allows for house intelligence agencies to increase foreign operations with the increase in military activity within their respective houses

6. This might be a bit extreme, but you could also throw in some sort of Wilde and Nomad thing here where they want to see this war carry on (in order to wear down every ones fleets) so either directly or indirectly can "help" either side to further their own cause (sabotage a winning sides incoming supplies/reinforcements or intervene in a losing sides conflict (not teaming up, merely destroying a key ship or two then dissapearing).

( This is merely my input and i know not all will agree if any, its only an opinion so please no raging against the machine Big Grin )

Well, this is an awesome idea. Do it! :3
(10-22-2014, 11:43 PM)Alduin Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2014, 10:56 PM)Anshur Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2014, 10:54 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]I would honestly like to see Kusari going to war with someone.

I'd welcome it as Kusari and Rheinland against Liberty.

This could work, Gallia monstering through Bretonia and hitting at Liberty in Magellan and Cortez forcing a wedge between the two allies and intensifying the cutting of direct supplies and reinforcements (already somewhat happening).

Then have the nations of Kusari and Rheinland (after sufficient consultation with Gallic powers that be) put there embattled fleets and resources together to open another (although weaker) pair of fronts (allowing Kusari and Rheinland fleets to work together on the two fronts in say Colorado and Texas) on the Liberty Military to somewhat distract Liberty and allow Gallia more time to savage the alliance by taking Bretonia even further down if not destroying it.

This in turn:

1. Keeps the Rheinland - Liberty conflict open (this seems to be a semi-liked conflict but possibly a bit stale with further things ahead to maybe help towards refreshing it)

2. Causes direct co-operation between Rheinland and Kusari fleets (as neither really has the power to fight a war on their own - Lore reasons obviously)

3. Causes in-direct co-operation between Kusari, Rheinland and Gallic Fleets (Imagine a co-ordinated two or three way raid for the defenders and also attackers, player numbers depending of course)

4. Increases the need for Liberty and Bretonia to hit back at what is increasingly looking like a losing fight.

5. This also allows for house intelligence agencies to increase foreign operations with the increase in military activity within their respective houses

6. This might be a bit extreme, but you could also throw in some sort of Wilde and Nomad thing here where they want to see this war carry on (in order to wear down every ones fleets) so either directly or indirectly can "help" either side to further their own cause (sabotage a winning sides incoming supplies/reinforcements or intervene in a losing sides conflict (not teaming up, merely destroying a key ship or two then dissapearing).

( This is merely my input and i know not all will agree if any, its only an opinion so please no raging against the machine Big Grin )
I +1 the idea

(10-23-2014, 01:06 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 01:05 PM)Carter Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2014, 08:30 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]make all 4 houses attack gallia

At the current state, if Kusari grows a pair and attacks Gallia again with.... that 1 and last battleship built in Rheinland.. they would completely get wiped out from the Sirius map. Pls no... Don't ruin all the RP.

There are at least three battleships. One in Tohoku, second in Shikoku and the last one in Kyushu.

OK so 3 of them. Tell me what are they gonna do against 10 Valors and God knows how many other Gallic ships more? Absolutely nothing. The point is, Starting a new war between Kusari and Gallia would not be the best option. I'd go mainly for this

(10-23-2014, 03:04 PM)Knjaz Wrote: [ -> ]Disclaimer: Not going to go in the lore specifics in this thread.

Anyway, let people to gather a fleet and throw it somewhere. Or outright start a Sirius "World War, with Kusari/Rheinland/Gallia vs Liberty/Bretonia. With generous ZOI's for all factions, so you can actually visit the place where other party's ships are logged, or very close to that spot to avoid "spawn camping".
This promotes quick/easy response and a good general activity, as a result.

^
(10-23-2014, 03:40 PM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if at least half of people who wote yes play in Rheinland.

Hell yes, the Kusari Police shouldn't play in Rheinland. Atleast not at the Liberty/Rheinland warfront. Imagine the political mess... *smirks*

(10-23-2014, 03:39 PM)Knjaz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:From what I heard, Kusari/Bretonia war was more or less a struggle over Tau-31, until Gallia arrived. No clear winner, just pew.

Afaik, KuNavy made a breakthrough back then, and the fight was going on in Leeds. But I'm not sure here, simply do not remember.

Stokes Mining Facility in Leeds was a Kusari base back then. Not to mention the BS and Glasgow Border Station at the Tau 31 gate. So yes. They've had their foot in Bretonia's frontdoor. Though, i don't think Kusari could ever get the rest of Leeds too...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26