Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(10-23-2014, 01:13 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 01:02 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 12:49 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]I look at it from a lore perspective. They were fighting over Hudson and Bering, neither system having much of value in them. Leave them as buffer zones...AS THEY WERE!!
-Rheinland seems to have lost sight over who loaned them money to fight Kusari during it's 80 years war....Liberty.
-Rheinland is broke from fighting two wars.
-Liberty has enough trouble with Gallia or at least it will.

And yes, it's gotten old.
Liberty should be broken or heavily injured from fighting two wars as well. I mean, they cannot afford fighting Gallia and Rheinland in the same time.

In lore, they have NO VALUABLE RESOURCES. Moreover, if they engage in war with Kusari, it is over for them, because no H-Fuel. Rheinland border is closed. If upper border would be closed as well, imagine how Liberty would have been screwed. And not only Liberty, but Bretonia as well, because GMG must go through Kusari, Liberty and then into Bretonia.

And I don't believe GRN would just accept GMG trespassing Taus and Leeds to supply Bretonia.

They had more ships to begin with, and had an actual economy as opposed to Rheinland's handful of caps and mess.

The trade embargo between Kusari and Liberty did nothing, as GC and Junkers smuggled H-fuel across the border.

They do have valuable resources in Liberty. Platinum, Silver, Copper, etc, not to mention Ageira's shtick.

I was thinking now about H-Fuel. And I don't believe GC and Junkers can just haul so much H-Fuel to supply two houses (don't forget about Bretonia!) Well, unless Civil War emerges in Kusari.

Also, these resources, both in lore and in vanilia, are ending. This is why Liberty became the trade-center of the Sirius (in vanilia), turning themselves from mining into raw-industry moloch based onto IMPORTED ores. Bretonia has huge ammounts of Gold, but with whom they will trade it? Or they will use it as a fuel?

Do not forget this is RP server and there should and WILL be consequences in whole geopolitical system. In vanillia, Liberty has been always reliable on the other houses, what was their main advantage but also the biggest flaw. Rheinland doesn't need Liberty. Kusari doesn't need Liberty, because they can trade with Rheinland (and even with Gallia now).
(10-23-2014, 01:16 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 12:49 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]I look at it from a lore perspective. They were fighting over Hudson and Bering, neither system having much of value in them. Leave them as buffer zones...AS THEY WERE!!
-Rheinland seems to have lost sight over who loaned them money to fight Kusari during it's 80 years war....Liberty.

Liberty should be broken or heavily injured from fighting two wars as well. I mean, they cannot afford fighting Gallia and Rheinland in the same time.

In lore, they have NO VALUABLE RESOURCES. Moreover, if they engage in war with Kusari, it is over for them, because no H-Fuel. Rheinland border is closed. If upper border would be closed as well, imagine how Liberty would have been screwed. And not only Liberty, but Bretonia as well, because GMG must go through Kusari, Liberty and then into Bretonia.

And I don't believe GRN would just accept GMG trespassing Taus and Leeds to supply Bretonia.

They had more ships to begin with, and had an actual economy as opposed to Rheinland's handful of caps and mess.

The trade embargo between Kusari and Liberty did nothing, as GC and Junkers smuggled H-fuel across the border.

They do have valuable resources in Liberty. Platinum, Silver, Copper, etc, not to mention Ageira's shtick.

I was thinking now about H-Fuel. And I don't believe GC and Junkers can just haul so much H-Fuel to supply two houses (don't forget about Bretonia!) Well, unless Civil War emerges in Kusari.

Also, these resources, both in lore and in vanilia, are ending. This is why Liberty became the trade-center of the Sirius (in vanilia), turning themselves from mining into raw-industry moloch based onto IMPORTED ores. Bretonia has huge ammounts of Gold, but with whom they will trade it? Or they will use it as a fuel?

Do not forget this is RP server and there should and WILL be consequences in whole geopolitical system.

A couple dozen transports ferrying H-fuel through the embargo is better than nothing at all. You underestimate the size of Junkers and GC, not to mention all the other people who would run the embargo.

Berbertony would likely dump their gold into Liberty, where they refine it or use it to pay off smugglers. Said smugglers would then bring mass quantities of fuel through Kusari and then everyone gets fuel.

Seems fine to me.
^ Good points here as well. But... I can't imagine Liberty vs Kusari war. Not in current situation.
Me neither.

Kusari-Liberty war would be a bad decision on both sides.
(10-23-2014, 01:06 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]There are at least three battleships. One in Tohoku, second in Shikoku and the last one in Kyushu.

You forgot the one in Hokkaido.

Edit: Plenty of thise smugglers were caught, some killed some fined. Just look how Universal did when they tried running the blockade.
(10-23-2014, 01:29 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]Me neither.

Yeah, such war would mean:
- Harder access to H-Fuel (somekind solved by GC and Junkers).
- Upper point would be one of the major reasons in Bretonia-Liberty relations diminishing (as they have their own trade summit with Kusari AND their own access to H-Fuel would be a problem).
- Gallia theoretically sending forces to Kusari, merging into Gallic-Kusarian fleet.
- Liberty being in fact surrounded, with no possible Bretonian help.
- Rheinland front weakening, because of the new front on the "North".

And the most dangerous possibility here.

- Gallics turning from fossil-based fuel into H-Fuel engines and in fact GMG has a NEW BIG CLIENT.
(10-23-2014, 01:34 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]

- Harder access to H-Fuel (somekind solved by GC and Junkers),
- Upper point would be one of the major reasons in Bretonia-Liberty relations diminishing (as they have their own trade summit with Kusari),
- Gallia theoretically sending forces to Kusari, merging into Gallic-Kusarian fleet,

Not to mention gate/lane parts. DSE/Ageira could have easily abandoned Rheinland and left them to rot. Same could happen to Kusari, where the new gate project thing gets abandoned by DSE and their lanes fall into disrepair.

Gallic-Kusarian fleet would encounter fierce opposition by terrorists, namely KuEx.

Illberty would be surrounded by enemies now, which means that yes, peace is in their common interest considering that Gallia is knocking on their door.
(10-23-2014, 01:37 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 01:34 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]

- Harder access to H-Fuel (somekind solved by GC and Junkers),
- Upper point would be one of the major reasons in Bretonia-Liberty relations diminishing (as they have their own trade summit with Kusari),
- Gallia theoretically sending forces to Kusari, merging into Gallic-Kusarian fleet,

Not to mention gate/lane parts. DSE/Ageira could have easily abandoned Rheinland and left them to rot. Same could happen to Kusari, where the new gate project thing gets abandoned by DSE and their lanes fall into disrepair.

Gallic-Kusarian fleet would encounter fierce opposition by terrorists, namely KuEx.

Illberty would be surrounded by enemies now, which means that yes, peace is in their common interest considering that Gallia is knocking on their door.

Seek my edited post. Also, KuExiles only posses handful of destroyers with ONE battleship. The only chance for them now is possibility than about half of KNF is pro-Imperial + the Civil War. In fact even Blood Dragons alone would just make Exiles swept from the board, when it comes to numbers.

Exiles and Dragons should put end hostility, because the most logical outcome here would be ceasefire between them. This would be ill-fated alliance, but still enough against way bigger enemy that Gallia is.
(10-23-2014, 01:26 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 01:16 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: [ -> ]

Do not forget this is RP server and there should and WILL be consequences in whole geopolitical system.

A couple dozen transports ferrying H-fuel through the embargo is better than nothing at all. You underestimate the size of Junkers and GC, not to mention all the other people who would run the embargo.

Berbertony would likely dump their gold into Liberty, where they refine it or use it to pay off smugglers. Said smugglers would then bring mass quantities of fuel through Kusari and then everyone gets fuel.

Seems fine to me.

Also, in the last embargo, h-fuel shipping was embargoed to non kusari vessels heading to Liberty only. Kishiro and Samura were still going in small quantities, and the caught transports were mostly redirected to Rheinland.
Even then, such embargoes are useless if they are not consensual.
On one hand, Liberty was just "shrugging off" any effect by means of "humongous reserves " and "steady smuggler supplies ". Worse, they even started arguing that it was the Kusarians that were taking a hit, because of "reduced business " from Liberty (which were still coming and going for other goods ).

So yeah, can't really play the geopolitical game if everyone can't agree on the rules of the game.

On topic: I think a Rheinland focus on the omegas would be the most reasonable inrp. As for the other houses, Liberty had stuff to do as always, and Bretoina and Kusari are better discussed elsewhere.
I wouldn't imagine they would outfit their entire fleet of 200 Valors and other stuff with H-fuel engines. The switch, while it would hit Illberty hard, would be too costly for the benefits. Also, Bretonia/Liberty still have MOX somewhere, I believe.

One battleship, some dessies, and bombers are all you need to conduct raids on small detatchments of enemy forces, whittling them down over time or distracting assets from the front line against Liberty, should a war arise.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26