Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(10-26-2014, 02:56 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]On topic: It looks like this thread has mostly run its course. Gameplay arguments have been made for and against, but the pro-continuation side doesn't appear to have been able to counter the suggestion that activity can be created in and around Rheinland by encouraging Hessian-RM and Corsair-RM conflicts.

But why risk one of the successful bits of the mod in some attempt to prove that "activity can be created in and around Rheinland by encouraging Hessian-RM and Corsair-RM conflicts" ?

What if it can't?

[RHA] was on life support not long ago, TBH was near-dead as well. There aren't even Hessian and Corsair indies about. Do you really think that the LNS'ers are going to sell their dreads to go buy unlawful ships?
How about a market-based solution:

Hmm...maybe a Jormungand sale would entice Hessian players?
Activity in any area of Sirius can be created via such:
Good trade routes spawn Traders. Traders on the lanes spawn pirates. Pirates spawn lawfuls. Lawfuls from one house can then go fight wars with other lawfuls, which may have been spawned from the same cycle.
This also sort of works in reverse. Presence of lafwuls then spawns pirates who go to fight lawfuls.

If we want to encourage Hessian and Corsair indies, then we need the above.
(10-26-2014, 11:06 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]How about a market-based solution:

Hmm...maybe a Jormungand sale would entice Hessian players?

People should play roles they want instead of what is being on sale.
(10-26-2014, 08:52 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]...
But why risk one of the successful bits of the mod in some attempt to prove that "activity can be created in and around Rheinland by encouraging Hessian-RM and Corsair-RM conflicts" ?

The answer to "why" is in the poll. The players want change.
So you are using the poll as a means to show you what the community wants? A poll where several faction accounts and known alts voted, just to top it off?

How is that not biased?

I thought you knew better.

Here's hoping the experiment wont fail.
(10-27-2014, 01:39 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2014, 08:52 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]...

The answer to "why" is in the poll. The players want change.

Great, so by vote of players despite some of them even don´t play in Rheinland (not speaking about several alt accounts used there to vote more than once) so they doesn´t have to care what will happen to activity in this house?

By the way, if we will make poll "should Rheinland get control over Texas because it deserves to conquer it" and option yes will win, will you change it according to poll too because "players want change" to quote your words? Or poll "should there be a civil war in Kusari"? Are now decision makings about story and ingame activity development only via polls?

Oh and last thing, why you didn´t make the poll "do you want Bering and Hudson jumpgates to be blown up" then? Well, at least I´m going to make poll about this right now because polls are now what counts, right?
(10-27-2014, 11:30 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, if we will make poll "should Rheinland get control over Texas because it deserves to conquer it" and option yes will win, will you change it according to poll too because "players want change" to quote your words?

Except Rheinland is literally in no position to suddenly conquer Texas. There's one thing if it's a poll of things that're possible. It's another to be retarded and go YEAH WELL DESPITE WHAT HAPPENED, RHEINLAND WINS ANYWAY.

The Devs dictated Rheinland retreated and blew up their two Hamburg gates, and Texas has little to no threat of actually being conquered because of it.

Christ, I thought Liberty was full of zealots.
(10-27-2014, 11:30 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, if we will make poll "should Rheinland get control over Texas because it deserves to conquer it" and option yes will win, will you change it according to poll too because "players want change" to quote your words?

Go go texasburg!
(10-27-2014, 11:42 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]

Except Rheinland is literally in no position to suddenly conquer Texas. There's one thing if it's a poll of things that're possible. It's another to be retarded and go YEAH WELL DESPITE WHAT HAPPENED, RHEINLAND WINS ANYWAY.

The Devs dictated Rheinland retreated and blew up their two Hamburg gates, and Texas has little to no threat of actually being conquered because of it.

Christ, I thought Liberty was full of zealots.

You´re right. Why should I care that the activity in house where I play most will be hurt again. I won´t be wasting my time again about this, I promise. We obviously deserve to become another Kusari, I will deal with it.

/thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26