Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea: Activity in Gallia.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
But he's right though, Laddie.

With the ridiculous amount of high profit trade routes, you can no longer really use trade to direct activity - unless you create some commodity that is grossly unbalanced it simply won't draw activity. It was a really poor dev decision to add so many super profitable routes to an already bloated economy. Sometimes less is more, but for some reason that thought never seemed to catch on with Disco devs. Gallia wasn't even properly populated back when you needed cryocubes from Gallia to maintain POB's.

Not to mention that any activity in Gallia means lack of activity elsewhere. Seal all but a few systems off, or just leave it as a pirate-free powertrader's heaven and stop worrying about what can be done. Nothing can be done at this point - it would have to be drastic, and I do understand why devs and such do not like drastic steps (as it means discarding a lot of hard work and retconning/reworking lore).
Quite simply the only way to make Gallia more lively is to force everyone to start there! So instead of Pennsylvania all new players start in New Paris. With /restarts still means there won't be a loss of players due to Gallia being so far from everything boredom.

With all new players starting in Gallia means a proportion of players (newbies etc) will populate Gallias surrounding systems. Increased activity in Gallia will breed more activity from others creating Gallic chars to play in and the rest is history.

Without doing this then quite simply there is no other way you will populate Gallia, I for one will never go to Gallia unless my new chars start there!
How about stop attempting to reanimate something that was never alive to begin with.

Gallia can only work with couple of dense systems at best, with no more crap about sealed jumpgates and hundreds of stations.
(11-10-2014, 01:37 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]gallia is a lost cause, no point in spending any more effort on it. even if you have success with it (doubt it), those players will just be missing from elsewhere on the map.

This. Even if there would be a working solution for Gallia, it shouldn't be implemented cause server-wide population is low as it is, already.

didn't read the rest of the thread.

(11-13-2014, 01:46 AM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]How about stop attempting to reanimate something that was never alive to begin with.

Gallia can only work with couple of dense systems at best, with no more crap about sealed jumpgates and hundreds of stations.

Also this, though "Sealed Jumpgates" is exactly what would be needed in this case. Just revert to 4.85 Gallia, fortify the hell out of it, seal JGs because reasons (like, those JGs would be passable inRP, but would be impassable in-game), and it's done.
We don't have the player count to support activity almost anywhere, let alone a set of dead systems that look pretty and that's it.

Put your brainpower into more productive things.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the "smaller community needs smaller map" argument for shrinking or deleting Gallia.....but I would also point out that if we wanna apply that logic elsewhere, we could probably delete Kusari, Bretonia, the Omicrons, Sigmas, and the Omegas as well, as these are also spreading out the much smaller player base.
+1 Highland Laddie

Or we could make Libery less atractive, there are way much players compared with all the other locations.
(11-14-2014, 05:03 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the "smaller community needs smaller map" argument for shrinking or deleting Gallia.....but I would also point out that if we wanna apply that logic elsewhere, we could probably delete Kusari, Bretonia, the Omicrons, Sigmas, and the Omegas as well, as these are also spreading out the much smaller player base.

According to your logic, we should delete all but Connecticutt. What so far has been actually suggested is to cut out unnecesary systems from the loop to increase chances of bumping into someone and faster raids. Gallia does not need 20 of useless systems everyone will visit only once. All is required are 5 systems AT MOST, without more of sealed jumpgates BS. Speaking of, I disagree with need of them because I believe that all relevant systems should be open for exploration. If they're not on the map, those gates should not exist as well.
(11-14-2014, 05:03 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the "smaller community needs smaller map" argument for shrinking or deleting Gallia.....but I would also point out that if we wanna apply that logic elsewhere, we could probably delete Kusari, Bretonia, the Omicrons, Sigmas, and the Omegas as well, as these are also spreading out the much smaller player base.

You don't delete parts of the game that have always been there. just like you dont sever the limbs you are born with. the houses are your hands and feet, without them you cant go anywhere interesting lore wise, removing them would create serious problems for your body and for the mod.

however, Gallia is like the pimple on your nose that wont go away, it pulsates and gets bigger because you ate too many nice things, getting bloated, filled with puss and bile, it aches and is sore. its so big now that people who dont have to arent going to want look at your face anymore and will go away so the player count drops. because of that undulating quivering boil the mod has that just wont stop growing, people in charge refusing to just outright pop the son-of-a-bitch and get it all over with.

instead pushing the shivering rotten puss balloon as a 'selling' point, and forcing it to get even larger, pushing more folks away.

while kusari has pretty much never had any substantial activity since ive been playing this mod, I would never have suggested we delete kusari, thatd be like cutting off your own leg.. and even if they had done that, THE PIMPLE IS STILL THERE.

god make it stop... !
#deletegallia make img a house in gallias place.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7