Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunting - Linking Bounties to ZoI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(02-05-2015, 06:36 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: we could restrict bounties claimable to the ZOI of the faction posting the bounty, excepting bounty hunters, who can claim bounties anywhere. This could provide a boost to the BHG, giving them an advantage over other factions who could only claim bounties inside the limited ZOI of the faction posting the bounty.

Still thinking this one through. Some thoughts from the community would be nice.

It would help BHG to finally become active, likely.
However - as already mentioned - BHG has rather strict limitations ID-wise. As they are lawful (now), I doubt they can take up unlawful bounties, can they? Can they take lawful bounties that make them behave unlawfully (by e.g. shooting their lore-wise allies)? Doubt it.

Would that really change anything? I don't know.

Fact is for me:
> /l1, /l2-ing transports/freighters will still be a cheap bad move
> targetting the non-combat ships ("because it hurts there") will still be a cheap move
> aiming at making players/factions disappear will still be a driving force behind high bounties
Speaking with a pinch of bias here, factions like Junkers would be severely limited in bounty claiming since they'd only be able to claim a bounty if it's within a contractors ZoI. If it's only in house space, then they can't sign up since they can't shoot things in house space aside from Xenos and Hogosha.
Would such a change be achievable via a faction perk at least Garrett?

what about Government boards? They're not factions per se, but simply the house itself. Would they be limited to just inside themselves?
(02-05-2015, 07:20 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking with a pinch of bias here, factions like Junkers would be severely limited in bounty claiming since they'd only be able to claim a bounty if it's within a contractors ZoI. If it's only in house space, then they can't sign up since they can't shoot things in house space aside from Xenos and Hogosha.
Would such a change be achievable via a faction perk at least Garrett?

what about Government boards? They're not factions per se, but simply the house itself. Would they be limited to just inside themselves?

ZOI changes are currently within the list of perks for Official factions, so the best I could say without seeing the specific request and discussing it with the Admins, is it could be possible.

Currently, my understanding with regards houses, is that their influence extends one system beyond House borders. If there were ZOI limitations on bounty's, then I could see that being a realistic boundary for claimable bountys for all but BHG and the hypothetical Mercenary ID.

What do you think?
I see.

Personally though, I am against such a change. I see no issues with the current system, nor the need in giving BHG/Merc this as a perk.
Delete please
In my perspective as a manager of a Bounty Board with a very limited "native zoi", and with enemies wandering all day on zones of interest (but no influence yet), I do not approve of the idea of restricting bounties to the faction zoi. They would become simply internal job boards for those factions.

On the other hand, I agree that full "Sirius wide bounty" against groups or tags is a tad overwhelming, both on the targeted parties, and the perceived influence of the one issuing the bounty.

One thing I do already is to coordinate with Samura on the bounties, so that there isn't any "double bounty" on any faction that is contrary to our interests.

What I would suggest, and will re-implement on the Hogosha Association board, is to consider some regions (clusters of systems) as safe heavens for the targeted faction. Either because it's their homeworld/restart area, or because my faction doesn't have presence, or allies willing to hunt them for us in their zoi.

However, there are places outside our Zoi that we have interest in weakening the competition, and need to use indirect means to do so, as a quasi-lawful faction.
(02-05-2015, 07:57 PM)Scotia Wrote: [ -> ]What distinctions would be made from the current FL ID and a Merc ID?

I guess the distinction would be that Freelancer ID'd players would be able to claim lawful and unlawful bounties, within the ZOI of the faction posting the bounty, whereas a Merc ID would be able to claim all unlawful bounty's anywhere.
(02-05-2015, 08:23 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2015, 07:57 PM)Scotia Wrote: [ -> ]What distinctions would be made from the current FL ID and a Merc ID?

I guess the distinction would be that Freelancer ID'd players would be able to claim lawful and unlawful bounties, within the ZOI of the faction posting the bounty, whereas a Merc ID would be able to claim all unlawful bounty's anywhere.

How would that work with Semi-lawful factions that issue bounties, or ZOI-less non-generic factions?

(wrong account, but pertinent nonetheless.)
(02-05-2015, 08:30 PM)The Hogosha Association Wrote: [ -> ]

How would that work with Semi-lawful factions that issue bounties, or ZOI-less non-generic factions?

If you mean quasi-lawful factions posting a bounty, then I suppose both Merc ID'd and BHG ID'd players should be able to justify claiming them, since those factions participate in lawful and unlawful activities. I'm not sure what your referencing in regards to ZOI-less, non-generic factions. Can you provide an example.
(02-05-2015, 08:40 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2015, 08:30 PM)The Hogosha Association Wrote: [ -> ]

If you mean quasi-lawful factions posting a bounty, then I suppose both Merc ID'd and BHG ID'd players should be able to justify claiming them, since those factions participate in lawful and unlawful activities. I'm not sure what your referencing in regards to ZOI-less, non-generic factions. Can you provide an example.

From what I could gather, this would mean Junkers, IC and Orbital Spa&Cruise.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6