Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Luxor || A warm place on Akabat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: PUsxzo1.png]

Only some minutes away from the headquarter of The Order a bright neon sign gets turned on, declaring the name oft he newest pub on Akabat. And an oldschool 'OPEN' sign gets placed in a window.
[Image: gt3eKFF.jpg]

Inside a young woman turns around grinning at the bartender whose look turns even more grim. "Oh, Terry…. You need to smile a bit more. Otherwise you’ll scare off our hopefully customers AND you won’t have a chance with the ladies from this system." She scolds the man while tying her dark hair up to get prepared for the hopefully lively opening "Besides that, it was your idea to open a pub here and not at home in Bretonia. What I can offer you for now is that you make the waiter and I do the bartending. The only thing that I want for that is that you wear my high heels… Or better not… my feet are smaller than yours. Without knowing it for myself I’d doubt that we are twins."

With a cheeky grins she sees his expression. „Don’t give me your ‚Kyra, shut up‘-look! At least make it like a ‚Kyra, PLEASE shut up‘-look.“ She raises a finger towards him „In this new buisness we have to be polite to our customers!“

She laughs and walks to him, hugging him lightly. „Relax a bit. We will make it somehow, we always did. I handed some information papers to the receptionist in the headquater and in some random stores. With a bit luck we will make this a known spot.“
A midaged man comes into the place, holding a tip of his cap and curiously looking around while walking forward. Like this he slowly reaches a nearby table and in a rather careful maner sits by it, then rises again and sits back, trying the chairs. He then knocks with his fingers on the table and with a thoughtful hum raises and continues the inspection of a place with the same curious look and ignoring the pair behind the counter. Approaching the window he squints and takes a look outside for a couple of moments before turning around and while staring at the ceeling walks to the bar counter where he finally pauses his look on two people other people present. While inspecting them he asks in awkward tone "Sorry, is this place real or am I halucinating?"
A young lady walks in. She was wearing a tank top and had her jacked around her waist. She was covered mostly in dirt because of the job. She slowly makes her way to the bar seat. She sits down puts her hands on the table and says: "Give me a beer please. Make sure its cold too. I hate warm beer." When she got her beer she turned around to look through the window. All she saw is the eternal void outside. So she kept watching and drinking her beer.
Kyra walks to the men who took place at a table, as she passes the lady she gives her a warm smile. "Welcome miss." She stops next to his table and a cheeky grin appears on her lips. "Depends on your kind of hallucination... I think I heard that you can start to haluzinate from too much cold, so if you stayed in the snow infront of our pub it could be. But from what I can see this place is real. Even though it is quite new on Akabat. Would you like to drink or eat something? Or do you need a 'this-is-no-hallucination'-proof first?"
A man gazes at a just arrived lady for couple of seconds, but as Kyra starts talking he turns to her "No no, I am fine with the place. Just got confused with such sudden appearence, I could swear it wasn't here only a week ago..." he glances at the roof thoughtfuly for an instance "But yeah, let's see what your place can offer. Do you have a menu or something, miss...?"A man rests his hands on the counter and expectantly looks at Kyra.
"Yea thanks for the warm welcomes." She runs her hand through her pockets to find a screw driver that she was supposed to leave at the bay. "Ah, dammit. I hate when I forget this." She turned around and leaned on the table. She asked around: "So....Anything interesting happening on this hell hole of a planet? I swear I saw an Osiris with a broken scanner not too long ago, but its not here anymore. And they started laughing at me when I came to the bays at the shipyard. What the hell is wrong with a girl mechanic." It would not be noticable if Ella was talking to herself or to someone else, She kept drinking her beer after she shoved the screw driver back into her pockets.
As the men asks for a menu Kyra brings him a small device. "My name is Kyra. I'm the waitress slash second bartender in command in this little place. You can choose a snack from the list on it. Just say a word when you made your choice." Quietly she retreats and overhears the womans talk. "I fear I can't help you with what is going on on Akabat nor if there was an Osiris. My brother and I were busy with setting this place up and getting the permission to stay here and open a pub, since we had no ties to The Order at all." She stops next to the lady with an apologetic smile which turns cheeky again while she continues "And the only thing wrong with a girl mechanic might be that you scare them to death. I could imagine these hard mechanics never expected a girl in their territory. They might be worried how they will look for the command once you showed your abilities and proved that a girl can do things as good as a guy, or even better. Just keep doing what you love to do and don't let them get you down."
"Meh... bunch of showoffs. Cant fix a MK-II properly and then come to me for help. Oh well. Gotta get used to it. Cant expect everything to go smoothly." Ella kept showing her love for the job and talking about some bad boys that cant fix a fighter. "I dont think I have told you my name. My name is Ella. Ella Nemerai Night. Engineer, mechanic. Whatever you need. I am here to make sure every ship I touch turns into a piece of perfection." She said as she slowly came off her chair.
Peter thankfuly nods to Kyra and starts examining the list, paying some attention to the conversation that's going on nearby. With his hand on his chin he keeps rubbing his upper lip all the way through examination and once he finished he lightly hits the counter with his palm "Alrighty!" He gazes at the man in few steps away and walks towards him with a greeting smile "Good day sir. Can I make an order from you, while girls are busy with their discussion? I would like a plate of bagels and a cup of cappuccino."
Kyra shows another one of her bright, cheerful smiles. "It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Night, or Miss Ella." She stops and thinks for a moment before she offers a hand for a handshake "Miss Ella sounds nicer, so if you allow I'll call you that way. My name is Kyra Averil. And the grim looking guy behind the bar is my brother Terry. Don't get scared away by his expression, he is simply not such a shiny personallity as I am." With that she looks to her brother and shakes her head while chuckling quietly. "I try my best to cheer him up but I guess I keep making it worse. Even though normally he is a nice guy. When he got enough sleep... But it is good to know there are other people concentrating on good work before jsut making it way too fast. I'll come back to you if I am in the need of help. I may be able to mix awesome drinks but as soon as a ship is doing something unexpected I'm totally lost." Kyra winks to Ella in a conspitorial way. "And instead of asking you if you are single and might get interessted in my brother, because that would drive him insane, I simply ask if you'd like another drink." Kyra laughs heartly and grins "Forgive me but I can't resist a chance to tease my poor brother."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6