Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Skorak's Characters and Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: skorak.gif]
Skorak's Characters and Feedback

"To keep track of things."
Character List

✓ = added to the list below | in-depth/history rich character
Primary Factions or Main Characters
NameOriginFaction/Group
Kelly O'Brien[Image: Flag-liberty.png] LibertyBattlegroup Harmony - Liberty Separatists
Mary Taylor[Image: Flag-liberty.png] LibertyBattlegroup Harmony - Liberty Separatists
Victoria Knight[Image: Flag-liberty.png] LibertyBattlegroup Harmony - Liberty Separatists
Secondary Factions or rarely played Characters
NameOriginFaction/Group
Cristina Martelli ✓[Image: Flag-outcasts.png] MaltaGC| Golden Chrysanthemums - NC- The National Council
Ileana Martelli[Image: Flag-outcasts.png] MaltaNC- The National Council
Tertiary Factions or Characters on Hold
NameOriginFaction/Group
Elena Weizmann[Image: Flag-rheinland.png] RheinlandDas Wilde
Hugo von Dannenau[Image: Flag-rheinland.png] RheinlandIC| Interspace Commerce
Julia Adams[Image: Flag-liberty.png] LibertyIC| Interspace Commerce
Mark "Schnitzel" Naumann[Image: Flag-rheinland.png] RheinlandJM|- The Junker Marauders
Michael Dean ✓[Image: Flag-liberty.png] LibertyIC| Interspace Commerce
Oliver MacLeod[Image: Flag-liberty.png] Liberty[LN] Liberty Navy

Active Characters

[Image: cristina_martelli.png]
Cristina Martelli
Basic information
Current affiliation: National Council of Malta, President, Golden Chrysanthemums
Other: Cardamine dependant
Birthdate: 07.09.790 A.S.
Place of Birth: Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha System, Nacion Maltese

Links

[Image: elena_weizmann.png]
Elena Weizmann
Basic information
Current affiliation: Rheinland Military, Leutnant, das Wilde
Other: Nomad infested
Birthdate: 23.04.795
Place of Birth: Planet Hamburg, Hamburg System, Rheinland

Links
Militärakte: Elena Weizmann

[Image: kelly_obrien.png]
Kelly O'Brien
Basic information
Current affiliation: Battlegroup Harmony, Major, D9
Other: Nomad infested
Birthdate: 793.07.21
Place of Birth: Planet Manhattan, New York System, Liberty

Links
Battlegroup Harmony relocation file: Battlegroup Harmony - Roster and Recruitment
Becoming a Wild agent: Harmony no more

[Image: Oo3nCXn.png]
Mary Taylor
Basic information
Current affiliation: Battlegroup Harmony, Lieutenant Commander
Birthdate: 801.06.21
Place of Birth: Planet Los Angeles, California System, Liberty

Links
Battlegroup Harmony file: [Roster] Battlegroup Harmony - Personnel Database

[Image: michael_dean.png]
Michael Dean
Basic information
Current affiliation: Interspace Commerce, Vice President
Birthdate: March 15, 783
Place of Birth: Planet Manhattan, New York System, Liberty

Links
Ship entry for the IC|Monopoly: Interspace Commerce Ship Database

[Image: mm9FuBP.png]
Victoria Knight
Basic information
Current affiliation: Battlegroup Harmony, Fleet Admiral
Birthdate: 791.04.19
Place of Birth: Planet Denver, Colorado System, Liberty

Links
Battlegroup Harmony file: [Roster] Battlegroup Harmony - Personnel Database

Inactive Characters

[img]IMAGE[/img]
TEXT
Stories and Comms

Stories:

Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change - Omega exploration
Harmony no more - A story about becoming a Wild agent
Militärakte: Elena Weizmann - Story in Log files of my Wilde RM

Harmony related things:
Battlegroup Harmony forums account
Kelly O'Brien forums account

Faction List

[Image: harmonysig_by_venk.png]
[Image: jC1aPVV.png]

Did some restructuring. Helps me save stuff better.
Feel free to post feedback regarding my stuff or roleplay below this.

I really want to improve my writing so I love critique about that.
This list lacks Milly Terry!
The most important of them all. How could anyone forget.
You're fairly consistently logging off when UN show up on either the Harmony or your snubs. You also have a tendency of sitting mute when UN ships try to roleplay with you.

You're roleplaying fighting a war against us. We can't physically cross the space between where you might be and where we are in the time it takes for you to log off. The war is your RP invention, it's your baby, so why are other Harmony players, mostly low-ranked players on snubs, leading the charge with PVP and RP? We're having great encounters with your other members. We're not having good encounters with the 1ic. By that, I mean the 1ic character. The Admiral who doesn't exist.

I get that this might be that you don't like me due to some choice words you've sent my way in the past. Fine, all good. You can still engage with my members and myself within the roleplay environment. I strongly encourage that you do as I want to see Harmony be a healthy faction that doesn't ignore RP situations, pick only the battles of maximum convenience, and is generally not something I feel like I don't have any expectations of. For the most part it is, but not by your example.

There's also the confusion. You articulate repeatedly to me that you think the UN/H war is boring, but you don't want events, and you don't want an RP development of the war, or a peace treaty. You basically don't want to RP with UN.

This is not a personal attack or an attempt to create drama, it's just some advice. The difference between roleplay and fantasy is that it's collaborative.

There was a time, about a year ago, when I personally loved interactions with your characters. Now I don't have interactions with your characters, put bluntly. You exist in a parallel RP universe.

Discovery is small. We don't have the luxury of particularism. If you want Victoria Knight to exist, RP Victoria Knight ingame.
I've been fairly disappointed with UN and especially with you in the past and so I am trying to be away from Bering for the time being.
If I'm around and my members lead a conversation, I let them do that instead of barging in. Especially considering my 1ic character is rarely seen ingame at all anyways. I play a lower importance Captain on the Harmony or mid command people on snubs usually.

Luckily(I guess?) the situation is stuck in a war situation where it's not required that I reply to any comms or write a lot. I withdrew from the area to work on other Harmony stuff and left the area to other capable in people to both escape and see if it's just my personal dislikes stalling things. Doesn't appear like it so far.
(11-25-2018, 10:39 AM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]You're fairly consistently logging off when UN show up on either the Harmony or your snubs. You also have a tendency of sitting mute when UN ships try to roleplay with you.

You're roleplaying fighting a war against us. We can't physically cross the space between where you might be and where we are in the time it takes for you to log off. The war is your RP invention, it's your baby, so why are other Harmony players, mostly low-ranked players on snubs, leading the charge with PVP and RP? We're having great encounters with your other members. We're not having good encounters with the 1ic.

I get that this might be that you don't like me due to some choice words you've sent my way in the past. Fine, all good. You can still engage with my members and myself within the roleplay environment. I strongly encourage that you do as I want to see Harmony be a healthy faction that doesn't ignore RP situations, pick only the battles of maximum convenience, and is generally not something I feel like I don't have any expectations of. For the most part it is, but not by your example.

There's also the confusion. You articulate repeatedly to me that you think the UN/H war is boring, but you don't want events, and you don't want an RP development of the war, or a peace treaty. You basically don't want to RP with UN.

This is not a personal attack or an attempt to create drama, it's just some advice. The difference between roleplay and fantasy is that it's collaborative.

There was a time, about a year ago, when I personally loved interactions with your characters. Now I don't have interactions with your characters, put bluntly. You exist in a parallel RP universe.

Discovery is small. We don't have the luxury of particularism. If you want Victoria Knight to exist, RP Victoria Knight ingame.

Hey Tanith and sorry for taking the thread of track but I'm gunna say it anyway.

Tanith when I returned after a short sabbatical I also made similar assumptions and taking things for more personally than intended. I ended up proper not liking some people in the community which I later found out are actually really sound people. My advice is that you should try to care less, people say things that aren't meant as they come across and when you're already in that paranoid headspace its very easy to misinterprete things and make the overall situation worse.

As for getting ignored on Discord/Skype that's not a personal thing either most of the staff are spammed to hell about all sorts of things (even people who aren't staff but help staff get a lot of messages to respond to) so thats one thing, the other important thing about not getting responses over IMs is that we (community) often message staff over discord instead of following process and filling player requests or providing clear concise feedback.

Tldr:
You're probably not as disliked as you feel you are,
Let it slide
No one into the community staff or otherwise are obliged to respond to private messages so don't takes those being delayed or ignored personally.
Sorry for the homo post
Pages: 1 2