Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Blackguard Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: GGYSrUP.png]

Yes. I have decided to remake this faction. Hopefully it will go better than the last time.
Please read this before you go in, writing stuff that does not make sense. This is not a discussion thread, so try your best not to start something big. Ask a question and you will get the answer. If you have a complaint, write it down, without raging and you will be answered after we have consulted the members that were the source of it, if applicable.
Keep in mind that The Blackguard will not discuss PvP here. Meaning: Any PvP tactics within an encounter are used for a reason and each and every member is allowed to use them. Therefore, "ganking", base hugging, patrol hugging and what not, will not be answered to.
Thanks for understanding.
And a bump here so you can find here.
I have a little question
How is working, that your goal is to destroy the nomads OR make peace with them,
and at the same time, one of the goals is to defend Sirius at all costs.

How will you be able to use the option "Make Peace" with nomads while their intentions are very clear, which is destroying man-kind (Sirius).

Good luck with the group, and it's good to see new ideas

EDIT: apologies, i did the usual mistake and posted using wrong nickname, so here Smile
Our main goal is shutting down the nomad threat. Destruction or peace, either way works.

If they won't calm their tits, our guns will.
Hello! We just want to go over an encounter that occurred in Omicron Delta and point out some flaws. It hasn't left a sour taste in our mouth, but we just want to go over this to avoid it happening in the future. We prefer an approach of talking to people with reports being an absolutely last resort when it comes to violations, so we'd rather talk to you guys about things instead of immediately flogging you for meta/powergaming Smile

The Blackguard metagaming about who Providence are via use of our information thread is somewhat distasteful. Same with the public broadcast, although to be fair it wasn't clear at first that the broadcast was meant to be anonymous and we had to inform people it was, and adjust the thread title as a result. But still, the point stands, you shouldn't know who Providence are.

Next, as your faction is currently not official, nor do we even if know Order| have approved it, please do not try to forcefully self-insert your lore into Order and our RP. Secondly, please don't do the aforementioned and then state you have some immense intelligence database that knows everything about and everyone in The Order. Once again, it is distasteful.

The encounter was completely fine otherwise. We look forward to better encounters in future.
I already see where this is going so lets make this fast.
In the chars name ingame, tag is visible to everyone. Even a child would be able to connect two ends if they see a sirius wide transmission with an eye above it then see a few ships with a tag like this: <O>

I did not say Providence before the Core vessel did so keep that in mind too. Along with that The Blackguard uses the knowledge from encounters, meaning. Lots of encounters last year with BG, Order and Core give valid RP info. I did not even read a part of your info thread so I dont know what the faction is about, hence the reason I asked. I can easily get to conclusions while youbtalk to me because RP of my cahr allows me to.

It was a ratger interrsting encounter though I will say that too.

Sorry for the typos, I am on my phone.
We understand the tag is visible to everyone, and it is also understandable that you would liken it to an eye. However, making a somewhat specific and direct link to the broadcast - and then to Providence itself - is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Furthermore today was our first appearance in game. We have not interacted with anyone prior. Our history is also not constructed in a way in which it is not public knowledge. So there's no way your character would have known who we are, same for the Core vessel that was present also.

No worries about the typos.
This is your announcement.
Your ship tag and the eye on the beginning of the announcement are really alike. With that the last line where it clearly says "We, put our faith, in Providence." would give me at least a gist of your name. (My char played a hunch on the name and did not want to call you that.). As for the Core vessel, I had no knowledge that he should not know about your name.

TO sum it all up. Eye is similar to the tag. One connection. Core called out providence which made me call you like that too. The second part of showing your name is the last line in your announcement. I used no oorp info to get to you.
Providence doesn't have the implication of Task Force Providence though. For all the reader may know, it's simply a word used to help the poem rhyme. We think it is a massive oversimplification and a big stretch to immediately liken that to who we are.
Cannot quote it, but will say it again.
My char (Tia Stormclaw) played a hunch and did not want to call you that, but she went along with Core for the hell of it. Your statements the said that my hunch was true.
Pages: 1 2