Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can we remove the filters please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(03-03-2016, 05:21 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]I find it funny that you want to remove filters yet in your faction monthly report thingy you want #deletecore added to the filter

Can't have both, so which do you want

I find it funny that you can't tell the difference between a serious post and a joke, even when the latter is outlined. Did you really think I would've posted that without acknowledging the big anti-filter thread I made in the same day?

Then again, talking seriously here, why can't I have both? Filtering out words like s-alt and c-ancer are done for staff amusement and affect RP negatively. '#deletecore' is toxic at this point and isn't really funny. It's a phrase that, if it was hypothetically filtered out, wouldn't be missed nor be detrimental change to the community. Still, filtering out words willy nilly probably isn't a good idea unless it's a swear or slur (although technically it's a slur? idk).

But I digress. Back to the matter at hand filters that harm the community's ability to RP suck.
The filters are a failed attempt at being funny.

Nuke them.
(03-03-2016, 05:37 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]Nuke them.
(03-03-2016, 05:48 PM)Venkman Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2016, 05:37 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]Nuke them.

No.
Double nova them.
* Operator dancing with tambourine, summoning Suncrusher to crush filters
I would love to know what rp and forum irp sections would look like if everything would be treated seriously. No memes. No tongue-in-cheek stuff.
Filters are just a reminder of things that have become too common.
Do not kill them off. They are doing their job.
You know, i tried to write a reason of me char's grandpa death in Stories & Biographies, but i got... Filtred.

So this is kinda annoying
(03-03-2016, 06:17 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to know what rp and forum irp sections would look like if everything would be treated seriously. No memes. No tongue-in-cheek stuff.
Filters are just a reminder of things that have become too common.
Do not kill them off. They are doing their job.

How do you define a meme though? Who even defines a meme? Basic words are not memes.

I'm not seeing bad luck Brian or anything like that in the RP sections. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen stuff of that caliber in the RP sections. A proper anti-meme filter would be some sort of super advanced forum-AI program that targets images with a memeflip watermark or somethig and deletes them, not this.

The filters are not doing their job - there was never a job to do - they're just creating uneeded trouble and headaches.
(03-03-2016, 06:17 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]They are doing their job.

Jack......... pls.
The irony is that the filters themselves are a meme, or at least create memes. If people want to use the word s-alt in the context of forum users being mad or upset about something, they specifically use the word sodium chloride instead. If not that, then large images of s-alt shakers and grains of s-alt.

Notice how every use of the word s-alt in that above paragraph wasn't used in a memey way, but I was still forced to bypass the filter? That should be more than enough of an indicator that there's a problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5