Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can we remove the filters please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
ITT: Lythrilux being angry that he can't write his cаncer RP_RP.
Bumpabino
[19:01:04] Luc E-W: so Darius posted this in my thread:
"If you hand out norma nomad ID to have all up to BS classes, omicrons just might become another ban me. I dont know if anyone has written this already but whatever."
[19:01:14] Luc E-W: i just thought he was being weirdly illiterate and tired
[19:01:28] Luc E-W: turns out the forums now filter the word 'lolberty' to 'ban me'

can we please stop doing this. I couldn't understand someone's post, that was not meant to be a 'meme' in any way BECAUSE of these filters.

Perfect proof that they are unecessary and do more harm than good by creating more oppertunities for miscommunication.

just write l0lberty, not a big deal.
I'm down for removing all filters ever if we replace it with an autoban system. Writing lelberty makes you look like a giant tool. (happy)
Can we add deletecore to the filters then because it makes people who use that look like giant tools as well?

If we filter one thing under such definitions, we should filter all things that meet those same definitions. The slippery slope.

- Administrators are obliged:

To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums.
To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment.
Not to mix server roleplaying with server administration in any way.
Not to ignore any cases of server rules violations that are reported.

Where's my equality?
#deletecore.

In all seriousness now, I am unsure if removing the filter is a grand idea as folks have been trying to bypass it since it was first put into place, not exactly showing a good incentive to remove it if you are attempting to cuss out somebody/something. but on the other hand it would be an opportunity for the community to show it can hold itself to a higher standard...

Tough choice here folks...
(03-08-2016, 08:12 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Can we add deletecore to the filters then because it makes people who use that look like giant tools as well?

If we filter one thing under such definitions, we should filter all things that meet those same definitions. The slippery slope.

- Administrators are obliged:

To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums.
To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment.
Not to mix server roleplaying with server administration in any way.
Not to ignore any cases of server rules violations that are reported.

Where's my equality?

I like how people always quote these lines whenever they need it, but when they're on the receiving end it's the worst rule ever established by the powerhungry administration.
(03-08-2016, 08:14 PM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]#deletecore.

In all seriousness now, I am unsure if removing the filter is a grand idea as folks have been trying to bypass it since it was first put into place, not exactly showing a good incentive to remove it if you are attempting to cuss out somebody/something. but on the other hand it would be an opportunity for the community to show it can hold itself to a higher standard...

Tough choice here folks...

It's not fitlering out cussing though. It's just completely banning basic words and phrases that aren't even insults. I can agree with having a filter to phase out bad words and slurs, but what the current filter is doing is going too far.

(03-08-2016, 08:16 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]I like how people always quote these lines whenever they need it, but when they're on the receiving end it's the worst rule ever established by the powerhungry administration.

Equality and treating people fairly is the polar opposite of power hungry. Perhaps if you have inadequate people enforcing it, maybe. But generally? No.
(03-08-2016, 08:08 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]Writing lelberty makes you look like a giant tool. (happy)

Should I write something like ***...'Liberty'-named ~lulwut~ -oceans- (disgust)...*** instead?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5