Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can we remove the filters please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Changing IoIberty to ban me isn't a righteous change to protecting our precious community from the bAD XD FUNni, it's an attempt to be funny. A bad one.

If it were not, IoIberty would simply be changed to Liberty.

The filter is what you crazy kids call a bad meme, and I'm sure even the most special of snowflakes would be fine without it. Although, that said, I'm over the whole thing. Lyth, let's call each other names instead.
(03-08-2016, 08:56 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on ruining your own thread, the quality irony we've been able to read was truly amazing.

It wasn't irony, I was poking fun at the hypocrisy of the filter and your posts. The thread is far from ruined either, look at the poll and see how strongly the community is against such a filter.

(03-08-2016, 08:56 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]If only curse words were the problem here. Well newsflash, the words are not the problem. The filter is not the problem either. Some people here are the problem. The inability of some to interact with others in any normal fashion is what leads to the increased amount of punitive measures, and this is far from being limited to this forum. You can witness it anywhere on the internet and even in real life.

If you want the filter removed then step it up.

Yes, the problem is the people. I agree to that. But crippling the ability to roleplay just because you don't like a few 'meme' words? Solve the people problem by targetting the people: not by lazily creating a filter and affecting innocent people who just want to roleplay in the process. The people who have made these filters are also contributing to the people problem.

If you want the situation to improve, don't default onto a lazy bad joke that causes more problems than it solves.
(03-08-2016, 09:04 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The people who have made these filters are also contributing to the people problem.

If you want the situation to improve, don't default onto a lazy bad joke that causes more problems than it solves.

I think you're highly misunderstanding the situation. Making those filters has nothing to do with the people themselves, as it doesn't affect their personalities at all. Unfortunately it's just that. And you can't just rewrite a personality either. If you have problems posting certain words, you should maybe take a trip to google and maybe find a word that might even fit better than the usual one?

If you really care to roleplay, then it shouldn't be a problem to be limited by some words. If you really care, the message will get delivered regardless. Furthermore, you wouldn't really be here to begin with.

But some people just gotta discuss stuff for the sake of discussing it, eh and not come to an actual conclusion.

tl;dr: thinking before posting is a thing!
(03-08-2016, 08:08 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm down for removing all filters ever if we replace it with an autoban system. Writing lelberty makes you look like a giant tool. (happy)

Perhaps lolberty wouldn't be a meme if, you know, people playing there would be mostly normal. Who knows, maybe that's the real issue there...

Also, tool is disrespectful, pls filter.
cancer and lolberty are no longer filtered - woohoo!

s-a-l-t and s-a-l-t-y are though - awww
awww what a shame, i actually liked the "band me" thing. Lolberty as a phrase is pretty cancer. : <
(03-10-2016, 08:34 PM)Arbs Wrote: [ -> ]awww what a shame, i actually liked the "band me" thing. Lolberty as a phrase is pretty cancer. : <

That's probably why it's declined in server activity so bad these days.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5