Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Fighter series WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi!

I became interested in making ship models in 2008 but lacked some skill. I got better and older.
After relogging on this forum after years I noticed that a new model for the liberty executioner was needed. (not sure if this is still the case, but what the heck)
I am trying to stay as true to the original design while adding some new parts as well.
I am aware that some of the ships do not need replacing but it I find it fun to make a whole series while I am at it.
Please let me know what you guys think.

Best regards,

Rob

WIP.

Upholder
https://skfb.ly/LS7Z V2 textured
(with slightly improved cockpit texture and interior detail)

Try-outs. (not for / discarded for disco)

Avenger v2

https://skfb.ly/LJz7 V3

Executioner
https://skfb.ly/LKFu V1
Technical info
Made in maya,
I love it! Especially the thing on top of the ship. Can't say much besides gj.
Looks good, but I would move the double tail the other way around. The small angle towards the front and the large angle towards the back.
I think the look of the ship suits a bomber.
I think it'd look better without the top bit. More of an Onuris-like design.
About the Powercore rail frame on top of the ship, I think its going to be a "you love it or hate it" thing.

(03-07-2016, 12:33 AM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]I think the look of the ship suits a bomber.

I am planning to do the bomber in the same style but quite different. Wink
Mmm me likes. Looks cool but I do have to agree about the top thingy not too fitting. :S
Sounds good, I really approve of the model itself. I look forward to the next version.
This is an interesting model. Parts of it are quite nice and blend in well with the vanilla aesthetic, while other bits are out of place and a total eyesore. The top 'fin' for example needs to be axed or reworked completely, I'm not sure why it's a girder with a random tube stuck in it, but it needs to go.

The vanilla cockpit could be redone, it's going to be quite a pain to get looking right and could be replaced by something more modern and angular (see Upholder, sans poor quality).

The engines built into the wings are kind of cool, but they look out of place compared to the central engines. I'd suggest removing the center ones entirely.

Oh and yeah, this would make a much better replacement for the Upholder than the Executioner.

Edit: We actually already have a replacement model for the Executioner, too.
(03-07-2016, 01:19 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]This is an interesting model. Parts of it are quite nice and blend in well with the vanilla aesthetic, while other bits are out of place and a total eyesore. The top 'fin' for example needs to be axed or reworked completely, I'm not sure why it's a girder with a random tube stuck in it, but it needs to go.

It is a rail that feeds the dispensable powercores. A bit of internal ship fiction I made up while moddeling this. as writting in my ship description.

(03-07-2016, 01:19 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]The vanilla cockpit could be redone, it's going to be quite a pain to get looking right and could be replaced by something more modern and angular (see Upholder, sans poor quality).

I agree but kept it in there, because I was not to sure if it had to resemble the older lines.

(03-07-2016, 01:19 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]The engines built into the wings are kind of cool, but they look out of place compared to the central engines. I'd suggest removing the center ones entirely.

I was doubting about this but I think it looks great as a afterburner like engine.

(03-07-2016, 01:19 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: We actually already have a replacement model for the Executioner, too.
To bad to hear.

All & all. Will try to incorperate the feedback. already doing some quick fixes Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9