Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.80 features, bugs & suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This is an official thread for reporting bugs found in the latest version of Discovery - Discovery 4.80 Final - and for proposing new features for future mod versions. Help to make this mod better than it ever was!

Do not post anything related to server performance, characters etc., keep this thread only mod-related. Also please don't double post: if you have something minor to add to your previous post, better edit old post. This does not apply if you have something important to add or to discuss.

And, of course, you may comment on what others proposed or reported. Every opinion is valuable.

Older features, bugs & suggestions thread (4.80 beta, 17 pages, closed):
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1332
maybe having spinning planets would be nice
seanstakes,Aug 10 2006, 09:06 PM Wrote:maybe having spinning planets would be nice
[snapback]29647[/snapback]

There is a problem with that. Some planets aren't supposed to spin. New Berlin, for example, has never-ending day on one side of the planet and never-ending night on the other. Plus, I just don't like 'em moving.
The solaris chaingun never seems to be used, perhaps it can be turned into a solaris chaingun turret mk2 as it uses double the energy and does double the damage.

its not never ending its just alONG time
Actually some of the planets do spin.

The other night I noticed that prenta in alpha was spinning. Then it wasn't when I had to go in there yesterday.

Besides, wouldn't that increase the amount of stuff the server has to do and possibly cause lag?

Nearly forgot...

About the frigates.

I was wondering what capship class are they supposed to be, Cruiser/destroyer or battleship?

I don't want to collect BS turrets for one and then find out they're suppose to be cruisers/destroyers.

Frigate is neither a cruiser nor a battleship. It's something in-between. Cruiser power supples are now 1400 thousand, and Battleship supplies are 7 million, while frigates have 2-3 million. Conclusion: they are best fit for good Cruiser weapons, NOT for battleship weapons, however, limited quantity of battleship turrets can be used.

About spinning: all planets spin in Freelancer, but very slowly. That's because of view distance limitation - if planets that are static on 40k distance will start to spin when you fly closer, it's going to look ugly. Maybe cool, but illogical. Once I planned to make a spinning planets patch for Discovery (it's clientside so server won't be affected), but I doubt if this patch is required.
Not sure if this is a bug, or something wrong on my end, but i just tried to take my BS through the hamburg to berlin gate, just before exiting the wormhole my game crashed, and when i logged back in my BS was spinning in sector 7,E of new berling(on the far side from the hamburg gate)
Bug:
Bounty Hunter battleship is listed as having 14 turrets. I just bought one and it only has 12 turrets.
Yes, a bug... the kind of bug that could easily be tracked before release, but was not :P

Not that it's very serious though. Have to live with 12 turrets until next version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13